Nintendo 64 Emulation

midna25 said:
I took a look at that. It seems more of a PoC than anything. I am wondering, however, if Mupen is the best choice for a port.

IANAP, but having tried a few N64 emulators on linux (*buntu) mupen64plus worked great for me. I am not a serious gamer like most here, but every now and then just have to have a little Clayfighter action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Ion said:
As for the recompiler, you already have an arm dynamic recompiler? Like the Dosbox dynarec, I was under the impression that those things are quite hard to write, and even harder to get right but my congratulations for that.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=49358

Also, M-HT wrote a dynarec for Dosbox.

guizm said:
Psp can be overclocked at 333 maximum , but its standar 222, like pandora has 600 but it for sure would be overclocked up to 900.
Btw , whats that of the 10 dollar idea??
OT but had to correct: The PSP has a 333 mhz processor, guaranteed to operate at that speed. It is not overclocking, that's is the standard, in the same way the Pandora has a 600 mhz processor. The 222 rate is underclocked to conserve battery power, which Sony has kept their licensees from exceeding until recently. The PSP actually doesn't overclock very much at all, with most I've seen crashing out at around 360 (10%) or so.
The Pandora -should- be able to get a consistent 20% overclock, 30% is hopeful, but none of that is guaranteed in the slightest.
Carry on.

psp is running a pretty decent n64 emulator now. Mario 64 and both zeldas are playable.

I know it can't play goldeneye so Zeldas and mario is all I play :p

Closest thing to n64 handheld emulation at the moment though

i just tried the last revision of daedalus for psp and for me mario64 is not playable with sound. really not. even at frameskip 1 or 2 or 3. THE GAME IS REALLY TOO SLOW. its look like 60-75% speed in first stage.

i tried all options to optimized the speed.

renejr902 said:
i just tried the last revision of daedalus for psp and for me mario64 is not playable with sound. really not. even at frameskip 1 or 2 or 3. THE GAME IS REALLY TOO SLOW. its look like 60-75% speed in first stage.

Well, you did it wrong. You clocked it up to 333mhz? You used the latest DaedalusX64 alpha? The works? 'cause I get full speed in the full stage if there isn't too many sprites on the screen. If it does slow down, it's still playable even. Maybe your PSP just hates you or something.

I don't know wether or not to trust you that you did it right. After all, I never trust anyone to know what they're talking about if they don't capitalize their "I"s.

midna25 said:
renejr902 said:

Well, you did it wrong. You clocked it up to 333mhz? You used the latest DaedalusX64 alpha? The works? 'cause I get full speed in the full stage if there isn't too many sprites on the screen. If it does slow down, it's still playable even. Maybe your PSP just hates you or something.

I don't know wether or not to trust you that you did it right. After all, I never trust anyone to know what they're talking about if they don't capitalize their "I"s.
or can't tense right either
optimized the speed hurp derrp (just kidding bro)

midna25 said:

okay, I wIll always capItalIze my "I"s from now on. however, I feel I can't trust someone to know what they're talkIng about If they can't spell "whether" correctly.

I think you're getting Pandora confused with the PSP...

midna25 said:
renejr902 said:

Sorry but the previous poster was correct. I did what you said - got the latest alpha and clocked it at 333mhz. Anyone who calls this fullspeed is certainly exaggerating. Having said that, i'm amazed at how far along they've come: it's at least twice as fast as this time last year. Some parts of Mario 64 run at a solidly playable speed, sadly though it has a tendency to crash, as in completely crash and freeze. They need to work on that.

Back