No Mmf Runtime For Gp32 :(

Flipside

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
14) Is the plan to make an exporter that can make stand alone applications for the Gamepark GP32 handheld system still a go?

First of all this machine is not very popular. I never saw one. So I guess you haven't seen any either. But the fact is that it's very open in the development toolkit. That is a great point for it, but if it doesn't sell, I don’t think it’s worth the effort

Link: http://www.clickteam.com/CTforum/showflat....d&sb=5&o=&part=

Thanks alot Clickteam <_< , that was going to be the last big thing for the GP32 before everyone jumps ship to the GP2X.

Flipside posted on Oct 7 2005 at 04:20 PM said:
Thanks alot Clickteam <_< , that was going to be the last big thing for the GP32 before everyone jumps ship to the GP2X.

We have still got F-Day to look forward to :D. Boy, I can't wait for that f'in day.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
GA01 posted on Oct 7 2005 at 05:12 PM said:
Flipside posted on Oct 7 2005 at 04:20 PM said:

We have still got F-Day to look forward to :D. Boy, I can't wait for that f'in day.

:)

I should have put "that was the last big thing I'm looking forward to" instead, I don't use emulators, it's much better (and more legal) to buy them and play them with a real controller.

Oh well... it would have been stunning if it had arrived. But it hasn't/won't. That, unfortunately, is life... I imagine what happened was one of us wrote to them suggesting the idea, they thought it might be cool, but (and this is the crux) never actually bought one to fiddle with, and so never fell in love with it.

And without a little tlc, a GP32 is just another handheld console that just happens to be a little easier to code for than most.

:angry: They will feel the wrath of my flamez.. :angry:

I don't know seriously though it was kind of dumb for them to mention it on their site and then say bah! Bastards ;)

Alpha2 posted on Oct 8 2005 at 02:31 AM said:
I say to hell with 'em. Between Fenix and the regular SDK a decent coder could probably remake every game made on that engine.
Thats not really the point. It would have been fun if people with no coding abilities could make decent games.

Huxley posted on Oct 7 2005 at 10:13 PM said:
I never saw one. So I guess you haven't seen any either.

:blink: That doesn't make any sense.

If this is their way of thinking, I guess we shouldn't be expecting a GP2X port either. :(

The next bit makes more business sense!
... but if it doesn't sell, I don’t think it’s worth the effort.

Hanz™ posted on Oct 7 2005 at 09:58 PM said:
Alpha2 posted on Oct 8 2005 at 02:31 AM said:
I say to hell with 'em. Between Fenix and the regular SDK a decent coder could probably remake every game made on that engine.
Thats not really the point. It would have been fun if people with no coding abilities could make decent games.

Still that's the whole point of things like Fenix, and Zot! for that matter. They arnt much mroe dificult from what I could tell looking at their development package.

well, i guess i am just coding inept then, cause i figured out MMF in 3 days and still dont get fenix. <_<

geo12 posted on Oct 9 2005 at 12:32 AM said:
well, i guess i am just coding inept then, cause i figured out MMF in 3 days and still dont get fenix. <_<

Took me over a year to properly understand TGF, I couldn't understand any kind of coding language to save my life, the good thing about TGF and MMF is the fact that all the events were logical, if you knew what you wanted it's easy to do.

Back