No more Pandora replacement cases ?

ElPoco

Hardcore Member
Hi,

My Pandora has had a few problems over its life, leaving it with a cracked case, a broken shoulder button and a not-working nub.
Today it started with a purple tint (though it has since then disappeared). I guess the LCD cable is starting to have troubles as well.
So I decided that it was time that I sent it for a little trip to Germany.

I remember seeing a few weeks ago that there still were replacement cases available for the Pandora, but now they're out of stock on DragonBox. So is that it? I guess they aren't produced anymore, right?
Since the hinge has a small crack, I'm afraid that a new/fixed LCD cable won't last very long without a new case...

Might still be available for repair if you RMA the unit, but yeah, it's perhaps not surprising you can't order bits and pieces to be sent out in this day and age.

Is someone not able to sell you a 3D-printed case? I thought such files would be available?

Don't have black case parts anymore, but I can check if I have silver ones.
I still have some LCD cables.
Can you show us the crack ?

• Love
Reactions: rSl
Here you can see a crack on the top (there is a matching one on the other side), and the crack near the hinge.
For the LCD cable, I don't know if it's faulty or just a connection issue because the purple tint only happened twice and then fixed itself...

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_093151.jpg
    IMG_20210209_093151.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20210209_093218.jpg
    IMG_20210209_093218.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 190
Back