Ok We Got Our Pics, What Now?

amortvigil

Still Fresh
The Chinese company is going to finish 38XX moulds within days,
the same counts for the boards wich are being done in Texas.
they are going to ship the moulds and boards to (a dev or company)in the USA where they will be assembled?
Then there is CE testing to be done, or is it already done?
is there already a box designed to fit the pandora?
from there they will be spread to devs in other continents? and those devs spread them to the actual buyers?
example: an ammount of pandoras will be send to ED and ed will be covering: Germany, Swizz, Austria and the Netherlands.
And how do you keep the the orderline in the orders if you going to distrebute like this?

First, MWeston has to ok the final parts that we've just seen. They'll be with him soon. Assuming that goes well, China gets the go ahead to produce 1000 cases immediately.
Source: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50543-any-new-pictures-of-the-final-piece-of-the-mold/page__view__findpost__p__776494

I'm not sure about the next bit. Craig said recently that assembly would be done in three locations (US, UK, Europe perhaps?). I don't know how final that is, but it sounds like it would get things shipped to the customer faster. (It would also save them on air fares).
Source: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50437-status-of-boards/page__view__findpost__p__773940

Box: Craig says there isn't one. I guess they'll be using standard courier boxes?
Source: Can't find it now. Stupid three letter keywords.

CE: I don't think shipping will be waiting on the final CE test. FCC is no longer required (yay).
Source: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50559-twiterix-the-photos-have-been-taken/page__view__findpost__p__777103

Order queue: Probably no point managing that as one list if they're being assembled in multiple locations. Craig could look after the UK queue, ED & Fatih the Euro queue, etc etc.

As usual all of this information is based on my best recollection of recent dev team posts and may be outdated by the time you refresh this page. If you hold me to any of this information I will harm your bunny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
As usual all of this information is based on my best recollection of recent dev team posts and may be outdated by the time you refresh this page. If you hold me to any of this information I will harm your bunny.

You should make that your sig :p

...and TBH, why would they stick to the queue anyway if that'a the case?

They could divide them into US, EU, AUS zones and ship based on queue then.

But there is no point in worrying about who ships what as this is the part that Craigix and Evildragon actually 100% know what they are doing.
(They are distributors by trade after all.)

when we get to that step we are home free. ;)

Bosbeetle said:
so now we are third base ;)

And we are extreamly lucky! because europe as in what ED is covering is aprox 350 units, :D

If they Dont ship at gbax but from (...?) will we get our pandoras faster?
Because when they ship from gbax then il have to wait another 2 weeks because at place 3000 or so.

And i paid for ups shipping. Can you tell (...?) to ship with ups or airmail?

how about...
the queue is now a stack!
last in first out.
my problem: solved.

El Jefe said:
how about...
the queue is now a stack!
last in first out.
my problem: solved.

How about a priority queue? priority based on pandora forums post count :p

that could almost work, (the first one) since most of those who didnt post probably forgot about the panda long ago XD

B-ZaR said:
Gruso said:
You should make that your sig :p
That's not such a silly idea actually. :D

I am surprised by the large amount of Dutch(wo)men on these forums, and in particular, this thread. Evan, Eight Bit, Bosbeetle, Borgqueen, me...

Coincidence, or is there actually a scene here in the Netherlands I'm unaware of?

There was once a google maps map with locator pins of Pandora fans(?(can't say users yet)) on it... quite a few dutch on that iirc. Somehow my pin got lost everytime I placed it

Back