Surely The Case Moulds Should Be Done By Now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleng said:
slygamer said:
I wouldn't be surprised if craigix, MWeston, Ed,and the rest associated with the actual design and development of Pandora give it all away after this first batch with the general reaction they have had from most of the community that was supposed to be supporting this project. They have been treated with disrespect, accused of lying, defrauding customers, and many other low acts from people who feel secure throwing insults and accusations from behind the relative anonymity of the internet.

To be fair, whilst I do agree that this is a pretty silly point to get irked about, Craig (and mWeston, to an extent) have done their fair share of insult-throwing. It's hard to be part of a 'community supporting this project' when genuine suggestions and criticisms are mocked by the team who, and let's be fair, have proven to be no experts in what they are trying to achieve. Criagx has proven to have utter contempt and disrespect for the very 'community supporting this project' (ie those who have partially funded the venture), and entire unrelated groups of society by calling making playground comments about somebody's 'gay lover' when somebody got a minor detail wrong. An apology was never forthcoming, Craig simply stopped posting in that thread - leaving us to believe that he stands by his comment.

If you, as the head of a project, are going to act like that in public, then you can expect the people you've insulted or offended (and those offended won't be limited to those who the insult was originally aimed at) to pick you up on every small error you make in the future. It's called making your bed and lying in it.

At the end of the day I'm not one of the people who pre-ordered to support a community project. I pre-ordered because I wanted to play some great games on a system that was designed for the purpose, which also had potential to do most the things a laptop could. The fact that I was supporting a small community based project was a nice little bonus at the end of the day. After Craig's recent behaviour over the past 6 months, however, I have come to view OpenPandora in much the same way as I view Micro$oft: A necessary evil whom I have to pass money on in order to run the software I want on the hardware I want to run it on.

For me, and looking at the flamefest which is the forums at gp32x it would seem for a few others, it seems that the 'honeymoon period' is well and truly over. It's a shame it wasn't able to last until the device was actually delivered.

Still, all being said, I can't wait to get the device in my hands and actually start using it!

It doesn't help that people spout disinformation all the time, in fact that's why CraigX said what he said in the thread. Look at it from Craigx's view, he's trying to get the product finished and shipped, it must be extremely stressful and it doesn't help when people have a winge. Obviously people have been waiting a while for it but I guess that's just the way its turned out due to delays that not even CraigX could conceive.

Also it's not really a minor detail, if someone says the case design isn't done and someone believes them then they could easily start a rumour and then everyone believes it and CraigX has to take the time to tell everyone that it's not true.

Give the guy a break I reckon...

Last edited by a moderator:
Critical_Impact said:
It doesn't help that people spout disinformation all the time, in fact that's why CraigX said what he said in the thread. Look at it from Craigx's view, he's trying to get the product finished and shipped, it must be extremely stressful and it doesn't help when people have a winge. Obviously people have been waiting a while for it but I guess that's just the way its turned out due to delays that not even CraigX could conceive.

Also it's not really a minor detail, if someone says the case design isn't done and someone believes them then they could easily start a rumour and then everyone believes it and CraigX has to take the time to tell everyone that it's not true.

This is an internet forum. Of course people are going to spout 'disinformation', that's what happens.

And, yes, it was a minor detail. It was somebody's different take on the word 'design'. From what I remember, the poster was only really trying to convey that the mould was not finished. Which was, and still is, correct. And if you're going to be as interpretational of the English language as Craig chooses to be when he decides to tell us that Pandora will be ready in March, June, October then you can't really criticize somebody else for doing the same in other situations. Having cake and eating it (all the idioms are coming out today...)

I'm sorry but I don't concur. I am willing to accept people make mistakes, some people make big mistakes. And some people realize they've done wrong, and apologise for their errors. Then and only then do they deserve a break. I have yet to see one member of the OP team apologise when they have openly disrespected their customers. One can only deduce from that fact that they are either not big enough to admit when they have been wrong (which will eventually lead to some kind of disaster at some point) or, even worse, they don't feel that they have done anything wrong and they are in some way 'above' the customers. Not a very nice attitude at all.

Na-Noo said:
Put the last 8 months down to extreme stress, hopefully once released all will be right with the world again.

I expect so - and in fact the temperature here hasn't been ALL bad - it tends to go up and down in small cycles all the time.

Critical_Impact said:
It doesn't help that people spout disinformation all the time, in fact that's why CraigX said what he said in the thread.

Incorrect.

Critical_Impact said:

I don't recall anyone saying that the case design was not done. Certainly I didn't. THAT is disinformation. Don't be a part of spreading disinformation.
I don't beleive that your being incorrect, however, is a good excuse for me to comment about any of your supposed sexual antics, or indeed to try and do anything designed soley to annoy you rather than to address the point.

Critical_Impact said:

How about, just for fun, giving Me one?

I can't believe I actually wasted so many minutes of my life reading all this shit.
Seriously, so some parts have been made in China, I imagine you'd be hard pressed to find many modern electronic items that didn't have some part made in china. And no that is not a challenge, or a statement I can backup with evidence, just a realization of the current world we live in. Can you imagine how slow this "open console" would have taken to reach its conclusion if EVERY single item and decision was voted on by members of the forum, the phrase I feel would be "Another 2 years". There would be about one hundred different cases, keyboard layouts, screens, batteries etc, etc and would most likely cost you the same as a small car.

Ok rant over, for now. :huh:

Not to throw fuel on the fire (because I think I've not read a couple pages in the middle of this thread) but, isn't it still being assembled in Texas, the boards etched in China, and components etc all put together in Texas, including the components onto the boards. Or is this whole discussion now about that the boards are being assembled in China, etched, components soldered on etc? It's so easy for miss understandings to happen, and with the best will in the world they can't live on the forums like some of us. (Feel like I am at the moment hahaha)

Thread is now about yeast extract again.
GunPei2X said:
Baker's Delight sell "Cheeseymite Scrolls", basically a swirl of bread, vege and melted cheese (get 'em hot!). You'd love 'em.
I've met them, and I do indeed love them.

Critical_Impact said:
Also it's not really a minor detail, if someone says the case design isn't done

Re-read it.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49910-second-batch/page__view__findpost__p__762124

He said the Mold design was still being tweaked. Something which MWeston has actually said in his most recent update:

http://pandorapress.net/2009/10/19/this-injection-wont-hurt-a-bit/

Some of the molds are completely done right now, others (....)are still being shaved and tweaked this week.

Several others went on to attribute the words 'case design', clouding the incident even further.

Is it just us Australians who love vegimite cause when I went to another country they thought it was disgusting. Personally I eat vegemite almost everyday =] with cheese.

slygamer said:
When you think of Vegemite as "waste from the beer production process" it sounds just like it tastes.
Delicious.

Pleng said:
calling making playground comments about somebody's 'gay lover' when somebody got a minor detail wrong. An apology was never forthcoming, Craig simply stopped posting in that thread - leaving us to believe that he stands by his comment.
It's funnier when you realize that Monk was (apparently) correct. It seems that Craigix simply misread the post before firing off the infamous 'gay lover' reply.

slygamer said:
When you think of Vegemite as "waste from the beer production process" it sounds just like it tastes.
arrrgh said:
^You are wrong. VEGEMITE IS DELICOUS.
Shaun. said:
Is it just us Australians who love vegimite cause when I went to another country they thought it was disgusting. Personally I eat vegemite almost everyday =] with cheese.
This is why the advertising slogan for Marmite is "You either love it or you hate it"

Pleng said:
I'm sorry but I don't concur. I am willing to accept people make mistakes, some people make big mistakes. And some people realize they've done wrong, and apologise for their errors. Then and only then do they deserve a break. I have yet to see one member of the OP team apologise when they have openly disrespected their customers. One can only deduce from that fact that they are either not big enough to admit when they have been wrong (which will eventually lead to some kind of disaster at some point) or, even worse, they don't feel that they have done anything wrong and they are in some way 'above' the customers. Not a very nice attitude at all.

Errrm - what?
You haven't been here for very long, have you?
We apologized quite a few times already in our official blogs (at the beginning of this year) and from then on said to NOT make any more OFFICIAL release dates but just give estimations, information about what has still to be done or what is already finished (and what's currently happening).

And that is exactly what we did.
So... where's the problem right now?

Should we start each post with "We're really sorry" or what do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back