Should I Be Worried That I've Had No Reply?

djaychela

Still Fresh
OK, I've avoided asking where I am in the queue, but given that it seems that it will be a fairly LONG wait, and also what I would consider to be less-than-best business practices (in terms of inventory control), I thought I'd ask where I am in the queue; as I say I've avoided emailing before as previously (for the first 18 months or so after the order) there was clearly no need; nothing was happening, and then when things started moving I thought they might get done fairly soon. Now I'm thinking that there will be a long delay again.

So, I mailed on Friday to ask about my position in the queue, and have not had a reply.

Is this normal?

For the record, I ordered at 8:31 (UTC) on 01 October 2008, and have previously had an estimate from the poll that I'm somewhere in the 700-800 area, but that seems to be largely meaningless.

well i was estimated between 300 and 400 and i've not heard a peep. i'm not worried though either way. it'll come when it comes and i know they have my order details having contacted the team several times. it took me a couple of days to pay by direct debit when the refunds happened so that could cause a delay. just try not to fret i say, its all pretty exciting!

djaychela said:
So, I mailed on Friday to ask about my position in the queue, and have not had a reply.

Is this normal?
A poor fellow from the "I need help" subforum has been waiting for 10 days for a reply regarding his broken Pandora already. So yes, it is normal and it would be best to cut down the traffic to leave more bandwith for emergency correspondence like warranty replacements, etc. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
djaychela said:
OK, I've avoided asking where I am in the queue, but given that it seems that it will be a fairly LONG wait, and also what I would consider to be less-than-best business practices (in terms of inventory control), I thought I'd ask where I am in the queue; as I say I've avoided emailing before as previously (for the first 18 months or so after the order) there was clearly no need; nothing was happening, and then when things started moving I thought they might get done fairly soon. Now I'm thinking that there will be a long delay again.

Is this normal?

For the record, I ordered at 8:31 (UTC) on 01 October 2008, and have previously had an estimate from the poll that I'm somewhere in the 700-800 area, but that seems to be largely meaningless.

I mailed ED a month back about some other stuff and got a reply after 8 - 10 days, They recive A LOT of mails, so be patient. I'm pretty sure that you will get a reply when they'll get to your mail.

I would think they are ignoring emails such as yours at the moment as it is such an utter waste of time.
According to cosurgi's latest poll (pinned at the top of this forum) we are barely past 16:00 UTC yet, I think its likely anyone later either picked up a one nub unit or failed to convert their email time to UTC properly..

Penix said:
I would think they are ignoring emails such as yours at the moment as it is such an utter waste of time.
Well, I don't think that's entirely fair, given the mess that was the refund process, and the TOTAL information vacuum that has occurred since the units have started shipping. Paying customer, etc., etc.
Penix said:
According to cosurgi's latest poll (pinned at the top of this forum) we are barely past 16:00 UTC yet, I think its likely anyone later either picked up a one nub unit or failed to convert their email time to UTC properly..
Yes, but that's all made on conjecture.

Thanks for the other replies - useful and constructive.

djaychela said:
the TOTAL information vacuum that has occurred since the units have started shipping
You and I are apparently reading two completely different official blogs then.

djaychela said:
Penix said:
Well, I don't think that's entirely fair, given the mess that was the refund process, and the TOTAL information vacuum that has occurred since the units have started shipping. Paying customer, etc., etc.
Penix said:
Yes, but that's all made on conjecture.

Thanks for the other replies - useful and constructive.

And of course they should respond to customers that have a valid query. Asking for an estimated queue position, which thus far have proven to be wildly inaccurate and have absolutely no affect on when you actually receive your order is pointless.

I'm pretty sure we're not even at 15:00 UTC - there are still a LOT of us (me included) who ordered in the first hour (14:00 - 15:00 UTC) and haven't even received shipping emails yet.

I ordered the first day and I'm in 850-950 so I wouldnt count on being where you think you are

Penix said:
And of course they should respond to customers that have a valid query. Asking for an estimated queue position, which thus far have proven to be wildly inaccurate and have absolutely no affect on when you actually receive your order is pointless.
Given that my re-order was mishandled, combined with the info in cosurgi's thread that "late" re-orders were bumped down the queue, I think it's a valid question, particularly given that there will be at least another three months delay to complete the current production run, and probably more like six, given previous form. And the queue position being 'inaccurate and having no affect [sic] on when you actually receive your order' is quite an indictment of the production process, surely? Have you ever run a business, Penix?

OK, well it's now another 2 weeks later, so that's nearly three weeks, and I've not had a reply. I've double-checked that OPT have my money (checking bank statements from 2008), and they have. Given that orders are being taken for the second batch, I think that's a bit off, as OPT have had my money since the first day I could possibly pay, and that's getting on for 2 years ago. Given the unarguable skills of the people involved in this project, I really don't think that it would be beyond the bounds of possibility to a) have a decent automated on-line system which would let you see your order status/position in the queue (and with an estimated date given current production speed), and B) have half-decent accounting/information of what units have been made/shipped. I've seen ED's points on this on a thread elsewhere, but frankly the 'logic' behind it doesn't stack up; if anyone working for me was that slack at paperwork, they'd have a P45 pretty quickly. You can't run a business selling items if you have no stock control.

heh, place I work at has been doing it for 12 years :rolleyes:

[edit] btw, I also have been waiting on a reply for about a week and a half. It's cool though, we've been trained to be pretty patient I think. :p

Emails whining about when you're gonna get your Pandora are just delaying legit email messages. Took me like a week to get a response to an update to my delivery address.

Well, that proves the point even further - a decent delivery system would mean none of any of that would be necessary. And it's not "whining" about it, it's asking for my position in the queue, which given all the conjecture and information vacuum is hardly unwarranted.

djaychela said:
Well, that proves the point even further - a decent delivery system would mean none of any of that would be necessary. And it's not "whining" about it, it's asking for my position in the queue, which given all the conjecture and information vacuum is hardly unwarranted.
I do not think you know what the word "vacuum" actually means.

WizardStan said:
djaychela said:
I do not think you know what the word "vacuum" actually means.

In that context I think he actually does mean a volume of space that is essentially empty of matter.

I sent an email to the store, got a reply no more than two days later

djaychela said:
Can I was what the email was about, ZXC3CD? No details, just general content.
position in the queue, + information on ordering

Back