Ommpc Music Player Not Working

I've used ommpc successfully in the past on the Wiz, but can't get it to work on the Caanoo.

I have a large number of MP3s, about 14GB worth, under the "music" directory. The songs are organized into artist folders under "music".

I select Settings => Update Db, then Main menu => Music Library. On the Browse Media screen it reads "Updating Database", but after a minute or so, the screen flashes, clears and displays the PickleLauncher menu. If I quit PickleLauncher, rerun ommpc and select Music Library, it's not updating and there's nothing under Artists, Albums etc. Selecting anything on this menu except File System (which correctly displays the artist folders) causes PickleLauncher to run again.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

sebt3 said:
updating the DB is a known bug. I'm not using it. I spent some time trying to debug it without much success. :(

I noticed that there is a "db" file which contains the metadata of (it appears) all my songs. Whether it is correctly formatted and contains all the necessary data for ommpc, I have no idea.

There is also an empty "songdb" file.

Do you know if there is any other music player for the Caanoo which uses song metadata, or in some other way gives an artist/album view of songs?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
One other issue; my MP3s "stutter" for about the first 6 or 7 seconds of play, then play fine after that.

I've tried adjust settings but nothing seems to fix the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Back