On A Lighter Note....

korky

Still Fresh
My 8 year old daughter, Rosa, says that I am so obsessed with the Pandora; She has created this Fashion design, bless, lol.

pandora005.jpg

Attachments

• pandora005.jpg
    pandora005.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 43
Oh god no not the DALEKS!
Quick, call the Doctor!

at least its not another i had a pandora dream thread....

trix said:
Quick, call the Doctor!
I don't know much about the Dr. Who Universe (entire Series is nearly completely unknown here in Germany) but these "Daleks" don't look scary in any way. :lol:
I've seen some (old and new) Episodes of Dr. Who (without Daleks) but I never understood anything. I'm sure it is a good series but somehow is this all uhm too... "trashy" for my taste. :ph34r:

Funny enough that the entire "Torchwood" Series runs on German TV. I'm sure nobody here knows that this Series is releated to Dr. Who. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
trix said:
Quick, call the Doctor!
I don't know much about the Dr. Who Universe (entire Series is nearly completely unknown here in Germany) but these "Daleks" don't look scary in any way. :lol:
I've seen some (old and new) Episodes of Dr. Who (without Daleks) but I never understood anything. I'm sure it is a good series but somehow is this all uhm too... "trashy" for my taste. :ph34r:

Funny enough that the entire "Torchwood" Series runs on German TV. I'm sure nobody here knows that this Series is releated to Dr. Who. :lol:
its definitely saturday evening family viewing, if thats kinda what you mean by trashy. its mostly wholesome and in the area of "mild peril". the daleks are scarier than they look since they can fly and they have shielding to physical weapons (not sure about lasers). its more their psychological condition thats scary though. they want to exterminate everything essentially and do so coldly and without any level of humanity (or the alien equivolent).

torchwood on the other hand really is quite trashy. its shown later and it far less family oriented dealing with themes like sexuality and death far more graphically. its also got slightly cheesier acting, mostly thanks to john barrowman. doctor who is better IMO.

fusion_power said:
It's important to remember what they're compared to. The Daleks were invented in 1963.

That's Pre-Star Trek. Back then science fiction aliens were just people in monkey suits, and science fiction robots were people in boxes with tin-foil over them. So the Daleks were unique and different because they didn't look like a guy in a rubber suit.

Also their heavily processed voices were reasonably unique at the time.

Sure, they look old fashioned now, (Even when they're CG!) but now they're traditional.

I remember when the older Dr. Who shows were re-run during the 1990s, the then-modern kids still found them scary even thirty years later. :p Good memories.

@korky - Geek chic! Love it!
grin.gif

Attachments

• grin.gif
    grin.gif
    352 bytes · Views: 47
I recently finished watching the entirety of the original Doctor Who. It took several months to download, and just as long to watch them, but I enjoyed every minute of it :D

WizardStan said:
I recently finished watching the entirety of the original Doctor Who. It took several months to download, and just as long to watch them, but I enjoyed every minute of it :D
+1

Not so recently for me, but watching all of the original I have to say, the fourth, fifth, ninth, and tenth doctors are awesome!

The movie... meh.

As a long time DW fan, I've decided David Tennant has been the best. Tom baker is up there, followed by #3 (John pertwee? Memories getting old)

UNIT ftw!

Wizardstan is too similar to me. Have him killed.

Jeff

(DW and torchwood are among my favorite shows. I even use a DW theme ringtones. In my defence, I've used Iron Maiden and Napalm Death for ringtones for the last few years. Yes folks, a GWAR fan has been working on your firmware.. Be afraid)

skeezix said:
Yes folks, a GWAR fan has been working on your firmware.. Be afraid)
Is there going to be a theme that sprays blood on us on errors?

I agree 100% with skeezix, David Tennant is the best Doctor, GWAR is totally awesome (and Iron Maiden, and CANNIBAL CORPSE!) and Tom Baker was right up there with Tennant.

Not a fan of Torchwood though, something about the actors and the drama make me dislike it. Honestly I don't even know what it is, I love the immortal gay dude he's kick ass, but the rest of them and the whole love drama throws me off. As did the Rose/doctor stuff. Why does every show have to have love stories thrown in?

Anyway I like that a dude with taste is making my shit awesome. I can't wait to death metal theme my Pandora with e17 and some airbrush! Though I will leave it black, just want to add a couple gothic touches to it. :)

WizardStan said:
That's a neat trick. Since there are 108 episodes that are lost. Perhaps you have a time machine yourself?

Still, even skipping those, I estimate that's about 250 hours of television watching! That is an impressive chunk of TV!

Prometheus said:
My favourite was, and still is, Jon Pertwee (the third doctor) - I found The Green Death to be particularly memorable. Anyone else?
Personally, I have a hard time getting into the UNIT stories.

VRAndy said:
That's a neat trick. Since there are 108 episodes that are lost. Perhaps you have a time machine yourself?

Still, even skipping those, I estimate that's about 250 hours of television watching! That is an impressive chunk of TV!

I did the "oh no" thing and grabbed the torrents, every season is seeded if you can find it. Even the specials and rares. Worth adding to the collection even with questionable legality.

And if they are available that way, they are in no way "lost".

Back