One day late but more goodies instead

About the same time as Craig's list. Remember, it was decided to not give any of the lists higher priority, instead both are being processed with equal priority. About every 4th Pandora goes to ED, because he got ~1/4 of all 1st batch preorders.

I seriously doubt this as well. If this was true how do people in craigs queue have a position number past 3000?

How many more Pandora's until ED is finished with his first batchers? His queue really screws up Craig's queue.
And vice versa. As Letalis Sonus mentioned:

About the same time as Craig's list. Remember, it was decided to not give any of the lists higher priority, instead both are being processed with equal priority. About every 4th Pandora goes to ED, because he got ~1/4 of all 1st batch preorders.
So suppose for the sake of argument that all of Craigs orders were made yesterday and all of EDs orders were placed on day one. Using the distribution scheme the team is using it would cause the last one in EDs queue to be the last customer to receive his unit even though he ordered way before all of Craigs orders.

Naturally, the real distribution isn't at all like this. Assuming a similar distribution of orders, it shouldn't matter too much. However, the effect is there.

I also believe the que's get skewed a little because some folks ordered more than one Pandora. Then add in cancelations, resales of those slots, etc.; its got to be difficult finding out exactly where you lie in line and when your unit will ship from ED and/or Craig's shoppe.

I also believe the que's get skewed a little because some folks ordered more than one Pandora. Then add in cancelations, resales of those slots, etc.; its got to be difficult finding out exactly where you lie in line and when your unit will ship from ED and/or Craig's shoppe.
It still shows a lack of book keeping, it shouldn't be impossible to find this out with 4000 orders. With multiple orders give them two queue numbers, with cancellations bump everyone up. They could even have it automated somehow, put your order number in a bot and have it tell you where in the queue you currently are. I have to keep telling myself that it won't be much longer and stop complaining I guess.

@ Caine: Well, most orders are day one orders but I agree with you that it sucks if someone from one queue ordered on day one had to wait a month between shipments for whatever reason and people in the other queue that ordered on day two started getting their orders already.

So suppose for the sake of argument that all of Craigs orders were made yesterday and all of EDs orders were placed on day one. Using the distribution scheme the team is using it would cause the last one in EDs queue to be the last customer to receive his unit even though he ordered way before all of Craigs orders.

Naturally, the real distribution isn't at all like this. Assuming a similar distribution of orders, it shouldn't matter too much. However, the effect is there.
it hasn't yet because both shops are still working their way through day one preorders, but I think craig is closer to getting to day 2 than ED is.

Based off the distro ratio 4:1 between Craig & Michael I figured I'd see approximately the 2000th shipped Pandora. There are 200 or so orders before me at the german site.

For me, as long as there are 2000 day one preorders I don't care if I get mine sooner/later than someone else that ordered that first day, but if orders from 6 months later are getting filled before I get mine, that's when I'd start bitching.

For me, as long as there are 2000 day one preorders I don't care if I get mine sooner/later than someone else that ordered that first day, but if orders from 6 months later are getting filled before I get mine, that's when I'd start bitching.
Again, I don't think this effect is really that strong at all, since most orders have been placed within the timespan of only several hours. But, I agree with you. While I would like to have my unit ASAP, all customers do and I don't care that much if other day one preorders get it a little bit sooner.

I think I'm in about the next 100 orders from ED, so it unfortunately looks like this mini-batch is just a bit to small for me. Hopefully we'll get some more info on production speed soon.

It has been a week since they shipped the 350. Is another batch shipping yet this week?

It has been quiet since Craig received the 350. Have units from the 350 shipped to customers?

Is there a problem?

It has been a week since they shipped the 350. Is another batch shipping yet this week?

It has been quiet since Craig received the 350. Have units from the 350 shipped to customers?

Is there a problem?

Does this help?

It seems like the boards finally have arrived at Craig’s and are currently being assembled, judging from the latest tweet:

350+ Pandoras shipping next week.

New iControlpad website is ready for launch, board production is in Germany, Case + assembly in UK.

Found it here:

http://pandorapress.net/2010/12/28/some-pandoras-shipping-next-week/

Again, I don't think this effect is really that strong at all, since most orders have been placed within the timespan of only several hours. But, I agree with you. While I would like to have my unit ASAP, all customers do and I don't care that much if other day one preorders get it a little bit sooner.

I think I'm in about the next 100 orders from ED, so it unfortunately looks like this mini-batch is just a bit to small for me. Hopefully we'll get some more info on production speed soon.
what keeps throwing me off is the number that canceled or opted for the 1 nubers vs the number that ordered more than one, I'm hoping they cancel each other out and the order numbers in front of me accurately reflect the number of pandoras that still need to ship.

But part of me thinks after 2 years of cancellations that the 200 number (for me) is actually quite a bit smaller than what I'm thinking it is. But on the plus side, if mine is true to the orders in front of me the pandora project is in much better shape that it appears to be from the outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this help?

It seems like the boards finally have arrived at Craig’s and are currently being assembled, judging from the latest tweet:

350+ Pandoras shipping next week.

You have to look carefully at what it doesn't say. It doesn't say that the boards have arrived yet, and it doesn't say that the final production steps are underway. All it says is that Craig has informed us that there will be 350+ Pandoras shipped next week. Going on past performance, that doesn't mean anything at all. You cannot infer from that tweet that anything will ship next week.

Remember who tweeted it.

D.

The boards have arrived yesterday, so the team can finally start assembling the next units (might take a few days though, don't know if they work on holidays :) )

Also, the next 300 boards in Texas are finished already (they only made a pause during christmas days).

Ok ED, you convinced me. I'm hanging in a while longer :)

Any ETA on those next 300 boards? Looks like they can manage about 300 units per week. It would be nice to see a new official schedule (I mean an estimate, nothing is certain).

The boards have arrived yesterday, so the team can finally start assembling the next units (might take a few days though, don't know if they work on holidays :) )

Also, the next 300 boards in Texas are finished already (they only made a pause during christmas days).

The following is meant as tongue in cheek humor and should not be construed as grousing, complaining or anything other than the tom foolery that it is.

Since I like to mock up time lines and speculate, I did some quick mental math and came up with when the 1st batch will get done.

400 per week (assuming things start moving a bit quicker)

3100 left to be built

~ 7-8 weeks ~ 2 Months

How come I always wind up with 2 Months?

Speaking of which... When are we going to get someone to make some T shirts?

What I'm envisioning is a black T with white graphics (simple, cheap screen printing).

On the back something like:

HOW TO BUY A PANDORA

(Insert line-art Pandora here)

10 Pay $350

20 Wait 2 months

30 IF banks will not handle money THEN GO TO 20

40 IF China has a holiday GO TO 20

50 IF Eyjafjöll erupts GO TO 20

60 IF Chinese plastic parts manufacture tweaks mold THEN GO TO 20

70 IF resistor on WiFi chip = fail THEN GO TO 20

80 IF nubs go crunchy THEN GO TO 20

100 IF nubs still crunchy THEN GO TO 20

110 IF build new nubs is yes THEN GO TO 20

120 IF test new nubs is yes THEN GO TO 20

130 IF board manufacture is sidelined THEN GO TO 20

140 IF combined queue order placement is > 900 THEN GO TO 20

150 IF combined queue order placement is > 1500 THEN GO TO 20

160 IF combined queue order placement is > 2300 THEN GO TO 20

170 IF combined queue order placement is > 3100 THEN GO TO 20

180 IF combined queue order placement is > 3900 THEN GO TO 20

190 IF order is in second 1000 of Batch 2 THEN GO TO 20

200 IF you can read this, either I'm real tall or my shirt is untucked

210 IF brown box in mail delivery THEN OPEN PANDORA

I'm sure there are lots and lots of things that could be added to the list - particularly the top half. I figure we have at least 28 months of "2 Months" additions ~ 14 lines that should be added to date. This is meant to be humorous and NOT a slam on Pandora or any of the related companies.

I'm excited at the prospect of consoles shipping again. I'm around 1250 in Craig's queue though, so I figure I have about another month to go. It will be VERY cool when the number of Pandora consoles in the wild doubles. Hopefully that will be sometime in January.

Great news Ed!

If the holiday had not been last week, would 300-500 a week be feasible you think?

Also, has there been any plans for Trey to visit again? I would like to see how things are looking now that CC has been going at it for a few solid weeks.

Now that it appears CC is moving at a decent pace, is Craig prepared to handle 300-500 boards every few weeks? There was a lot of mishaps, and mistakes with the last few hundred shipped out(missing stylus, returned units going out as new,ect.). I'm hoping that with so many months with no boards, that assembly should be prepared and steamedlined at this point so that quality control is top notch.

Chris

That sounds great! Even at a pace of 250 - 300 units per week, we should have a pretty smooth and steady production flow. I would also be very interested in t-shirts or other Pandora merchandise, maybe a black shirt with a white logo on the front and a blue "Pandora" between the shoulders, but I really would like for the Pandora team to produce them and make a profit on them so that the profits can offset costs of production or any other expenses they may have (and its good advertising to get the word out!)...

That sounds great! Even at a pace of 250 - 300 units per week, we should have a pretty smooth and steady production flow. I would also be very interested in t-shirts or other Pandora merchandise, maybe a black shirt with a white logo on the front and a blue "Pandora" between the shoulders, but I really would like for the Pandora team to produce them and make a profit on them so that the profits can offset costs of production or any other expenses they may have (and its good advertising to get the word out!)...
up until now they've completed them at a rate of ~1 per day [900 Pandoras divided by 821 days] not that anyone is actually counting.

so I'd say 300 in a week is great progress :lol:

so I'd say 300 in a week is great progress :lol:
If you look at it like that it's certainly a great improvement. Though, shipping them apparently takes a full week and assembling them another week. So assuming the next 300 are shipped next week, they would ship out to customers in the third week of January. Not exactly decent production speed unless they can manage to set up a steady weekly flow of boards being shipped instead of the incidental bursts we're seeing now.

Nevertheless, I've been waiting a long time to see some Pandoras shipping to customers again.

Back