Open-source Games That You Like?

http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

newsprites1.png

Still in development but coming along quite well!

_DiGiTaL_ said:
Warsow

89824_3.jpg

Not 100% sure Warsow is opensource but would be a kick ass shooter on pandora id settle for it on GP2x if possible.

Warsow is based on a modified Quake 2, so yes it's open source. I agree that it would make a great addition to the Pandora's library. Nexuiz, too, but I'm not sure if the Pandora can handle it. Minimum requirements are fairly high, 1GHz, though I suppose it could be stripped down a bit for better performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravnos said:
_DiGiTaL_ said:
Warsow

89824_3.jpg

Not 100% sure Warsow is opensource but would be a kick ass shooter on pandora id settle for it on GP2x if possible.

Warsow is based on a modified Quake 2, so yes it's open source. I agree that it would make a great addition to the Pandora's library. Nexuiz, too, but I'm not sure if the Pandora can handle it. Minimum requirements are fairly high, 1GHz, though I suppose it could be stripped down a bit for better performance.

Warsow is awesome, I'm currently playing it a lot and I would LOVE if it were ported to the Pandora. I do think though that it would be hard to control with dual analogs with the constant jumping and such. I suppose mapping jump to left stick click with dash and shoot on the shoulder buttons would be decent but still nowhere near the level of control you have on the PC.

The Spring project is a Open Source real-time strategy game, compatible to the Total Annihilation(Wikipedia) game files. Spring itself seems to be just an engine, since you need seperate game files (which are available through different mods).
Screenshots
I loved the original Total Annihilation games and Spring comes very close to those.

And War$ow on the Pandora would be awesome xD

Dyer said:
I suppose mapping jump to left stick click ...
Sorry to dissapoint you but the sticks don't click anymore since the component was changed.

Dyer said:
[...]
Warsow is awesome, I'm currently playing it a lot and I would LOVE if it were ported to the Pandora. I do think though that it would be hard to control with dual analogs with the constant jumping and such. I suppose mapping jump to left stick click with dash and shoot on the shoulder buttons would be decent but still nowhere near the level of control you have on the PC.
You could use a small USB-mouse to aim, dash and shoot.

I thought of another free game I would like to see on the pandora

Stunt Playground, Its a awesome 3D stunt Driving game. And the Full Source code for the game is available to download from the guys site. And I have the game on my computer and the game is based on Ogre. And I remember correctly, Ogre is used in part with Open GL.

Screenshots:

sp_06.jpg

sp_04.jpg

jmetal88 said:
A Wikipedia look-up tells me it's Elasto Mania.

EDIT: Which was a sequel to Action SuperCross.

I played it when it was Action Supercross and also as Elasto Mania.

But I didn't know X-Moto existed as open source software!!

It would be great if it were ported to Pandora (or even GP2X, why not?).

Nightwheel said:
Stunt Playground

Wow - that looks thoroughly awesome! I'm guessing the graphics won't be too much of a problem (worst case, they can be dialed down a bit), but I wonder if the Pandora could handle the computational demands of the physics engine?

Don Patch said:
StepMania

http://www.kittenthecat.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/stepmania-screen.png[img]
[img]http://queenqeeko.com/fanart/dA-Stepmania%20Screenshot.jpg[img]

The best open-souce rythm game out there. Has almost thousands of songs available for download, as well as different game modes like Pump It Up, new themes, etc.

+1 on this game. Two dance pads + TV-Out would blow me away! :D

Back