Open-source Games That You Like?

20080326_ss96.jpg

Savage 2

really dont know much bout this game apart from that it looks great ,and has a great
online multiplayer feature ,for team based war,has rts,rpg,fps eliments.

Savage 1

savage-2.jpg

paddy please add an URL link to the website of this game. What is the use of a screesnshot if I need to google the game myself to find the download for debian myself?

And this thread is about open-source games!

Guys, don't give links to closed-source games, here!
There's another thread for that

Last edited by a moderator:
cosurgi said:
paddy please add an URL link to the website of this game. What is the use of a screesnshot if I need to google the game myself to find the download for debian myself?
cosurgi, you must get to know the "super drag&drop" feature on the Maxthon browser. ;)

There's also a firefox extension that implements super drag&drop. Search for it. :D

EDIT: And here it is.

MDave said:
First post here, but I have to say if quake 3 gets ported I will absolutely buy a pandora in an instant.

Reason? The mods! :)

And the mod our team was working on a while back ;) ... a little something to show for now:

The graphics would have to be scaled down a bit, but this is an example why it would be amazing to mod for :)

So please, somebody start working on porting q3 already :p
Is this project alive?

emil10001 said:
MDave said:
First post here, but I have to say if quake 3 gets ported I will absolutely buy a pandora in an instant.

Reason? The mods! :)

And the mod our team was working on a while back ;) ... a little something to show for now:

The graphics would have to be scaled down a bit, but this is an example why it would be amazing to mod for :)

So please, somebody start working on porting q3 already :p
Is this project alive?

At the moment, no. But I do have all the source code and game assets so there won't be a problem for me to restart the project again. But .. we have even bigger plans then that if we were to do a commercial quality game for the Pandora :)

Quick comment on Frozen-Bubble: it would be great to have the latest version ported, which can be played with up to 5 players online, but also due to the double digital controls on the Pandora, the offline part can be played with 2 players. Sure, the other person (my wife) will grab the whole Pandora once in a while, but at least she'll have one good reason not to toss it out the window at some point... ;)

I definitely wouldn't mind a port of xu4 (screenshot) which was originally a linux based engine for Ultima 4. With that said, I'd kill for a port of Exult (screenshot) which is an updated engine for Ultima VII.

Also, whenever it's finished: GemRB (Screenshot which is an open source implentation of BioWare's Infinity engine. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, it required OpenGL or something so it's probably not possible.

exult was ported to the GP2x, so I would really hope that it will be ported to the pandora, maybe use the high resolution natively for a bigger view, or scale up with something like hq3x

edit: wasnt GemRB ported to the N800, at least partially? so it must be feasible
the project seems to have stopped, but it has an SVN and got pretty far I think.

url to the thread: http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/s...5728#post225728

absolofdoom said:
Frets On Fire +1
Gridwars2 +1
Warzone 2100 +1
gridwars is free (as beer), but as far as I know not opensource. You may still ask the dev, but as he already stated, he doesn't want to have anything to do with gridwars anymore, I see no chance for this :(

My list of great open-source-games is so long, I don't want to bother you with that ^^
If I had to pick 3 of them, I would probably choose

SuperTuxKart
Warzone 2100
and Teeworlds

absolofdoom said:
Frets On Fire +1
maybe too heavy for the Pandora 128Mo RAM and CPU better have guitarfun (ps2, wii available)

conso said:
absolofdoom said:
Frets On Fire +1
Gridwars2 +1
Warzone 2100 +1
gridwars is free (as beer), but as far as I know not opensource. You may still ask the dev, but as he already stated, he doesn't want to have anything to do with gridwars anymore, I see no chance for this :(

My list of great open-source-games is so long, I don't want to bother you with that ^^
If I had to pick 3 of them, I would probably choose

SuperTuxKart
Warzone 2100
and Teeworlds

Grid wars was shut down by Microsoft around the time that geometry wars came out for Xbox live.

TripleA is my favorite open source game. I used to play Axis & Allies growing up and this is my favorite way to play these days.

classic-1-thumb.jpg

Just an excellent project that keeps getting better and better.

would love to see x-moto

Im no expert but it seems like it should be possible to port it.

X-Moto is a free and open source 2D motocross platform game developed for Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows, where physics play an all important role in the gameplay. The basic gameplay clones that of Elasto Mania, but the simulated physics are subtly different. The project was started in 2005. [1]

here is a link http://xmoto.tuxfamily.org/

please

Xmoto-edit_ingame3.png

Back