Open-source Games That You Like?

Klepto said:
Bremze said:
Cortex Commando

A version of Clonk has already appeared on the GP2X, with luck it will appear on the Pandora as well. It seems similar.

i actually prefer it. even with a dual analog controller, cortex command plays like a raggedy piece of shit

Last edited by a moderator:
PoisonedV said:
Klepto said:
Bremze said:
Cortex Commando

A version of Clonk has already appeared on the GP2X, with luck it will appear on the Pandora as well. It seems similar.

i actually prefer it. even with a dual analog controller, cortex command plays like a raggedy piece of shit

When you get used to the controls, the game is tons of fun, especialy in split-screen, but to each its own I guess.

Bremze said:
PoisonedV said:
Klepto said:
Bremze said:
Cortex Commando

When you get used to the controls, the game is tons of fun, especialy in split-screen, but to each its own I guess.
Anybody involved in porting is invited: http://www.clonk.de/forum/en/topic_show.pl?tid=1197 (sorry, I am not so skilled).

Is there any option that the creator of this post edit the first post and add there ALL the opensource games that the people have been writing?

Its better than be surfing along 10 pages, I didnt know there were so many good opensource games!

NeORomani said:
Is there any option that the creator of this post edit the first post and add there ALL the opensource games that the people have been writing?

Its better than be surfing along 10 pages, I didnt know there were so many good opensource games!
I'd love to do so, there's one problem however: there's a limit of 6 images per post.... So I could for example make 6 "very long" images, each containing a lot of screenshots together.. That's the problem. So I dunno...

Eniko said:
Could create a new thread and add replies to it to reserve space for future editing.
good idea. But then I would prefer if someone else does this. I have lots of real-life work now. I'm reading here only because I'm eating my lunch now :).

cosurgi said:
Eniko said:
Could create a new thread and add replies to it to reserve space for future editing.
good idea. But then I would prefer if someone else does this. I have lots of real-life work now. I'm reading here only because I'm eating my lunch now :).

why not create a new page in the pandora-wiki and link there from the first post of this thread?

Kings said:
sauerbraten
Cube

I'll post more when I get the chance.

I don't know about Sauerbraten at the moment, but I have been messing around with Cube1 source for a while now. It should be ported as soon as I get me a decent SDK with the Out-O-the-Box libraries (i've been messing around with the Makefile mostly as well as looking at where I might build a dedicated masterserver for the pandora players (maybe linode))

Powder A fun an addictive roguelike. (Uses SDL)
buttonassign.png

vulture's eye/claw A pretty isometrical interface for nethack / slashem. (Uses SDL)
Vultures_eye.png

NoeGNUD A 3D graphical interface for NetHack and Slash'EM (Uses SDL)
800px-Noegnud3.jpg

Jump n Bump A multiplayer little platform program that would be very fun to play in pandora (Uses SDL)
Hummm I see there is already a GP2X Port!!
2006-08-08--jump-n-bump-002.png

@ricki

Great work! :)
It is worth to create a new thread IMO else two people have to maintain the list.

ricki said:
mali said:
@ricki

Great work! :)
It is worth to create a new thread IMO else two people have to maintain the list.
Thanks. But this thread ist dropping to page 2 real quick. Look like it died its natural death. Maybe if people start posting more I will :)
I've seen your answer just yet, because you edited your post. You could just add a post, when you update, so it gets bumped that way. If the list seems worth it, Chip might integrate it in the Info Index, who knows :)
And last but not least, people would have a new focus and a way to contribute.
Und nochmal, super Arbeit :) Das ist genau das, was wir hier brauchen :)

I thought it would not be worth it pushing this tread again. That's why I didn't reply by posting. And I don't know if "this is exacly what we need here" (translation of the german part).
Und woher weisst du eigentlich das ich Deutscher bin? Ist mein Englisch soo mies? ;)

ricki said:
I thought it would not be worth it pushing this tread again. That's why I didn't reply by posting. And I don't know if "this is exacly what we need here" (translation of the german part).
Und woher weisst du eigentlich das ich Deutscher bin? Ist mein Englisch soo mies? ;)
I don't think pushing threads is forbidden, at least if the post is slightly related to it ;)

[off topic]
Das mit dem "das ist genau das, was wir hier brauchen" meinte ich nicht in Bezug auf Bumping(hört sich nach Deiner Übersetzung jetzt etwas so an), sondern mich nerven diese zusammengefügten Threads schon lange, da blickt keiner mehr durch. Ich habe mal einen Vorschlag gemacht, eine Liste zu erstellen, wo auch aktive oder angekündigte Projekte mit dem(den) zugehörigen Programmierer(n) integriert sind, aber Chip hat das ziemlich abgebügelt und die Sache war für mich erledigt, da ich nicht soviel Zeit habe und das nicht selbst machen kann. Worum es mir auch gerade geht, ist meine Befüchtung, dass sobald die Pandoras ausgeliefert sind, zig Threads mit Port-Nachfragen hier das Board überschwemmen und wenn wir dann eine vernünftige Liste wie Deine haben, dann können die Leute da erst schauen und wir schonen unsere Nerven. Denn mal ehrlich, welcher Noob macht sich die Mühe und kämmt diese giganto-Threads durch? Dein Englisch ist sehr gut, sofern ich das berurteilen kann(kann ich das? :lol: ). Wenn Du im deutschen und englischen Forum den gleichen Namen und den gleiche Avatar benutzt, wunder Dich nicht, dass Dich jemand auf deutsch anspricht ;) So, und jetzt push ich mal wieder :rolleyes:
[/off topic]

Edit:
Sorry for posting in German, but English would have taken far too long for this off topic. I will let this thread rest in peace now :rolleyes:

ricki said:
Stunt Playground is a fully 3D stunt driving game for the windows PC. But look like its not open source. Removed.

Shouldn't have been removed. From the README_LICENSE.txt file:

"The source code is being released with no license whatsoever. Feel free
to use the code at your own risk, in any manner you choose."

It's an Ogre derived game, so if Ogre's getting ported, it shouldn't be too hard to make it happen unless the overhead of Ogre's too high.
Here's the download link...

Back