Open-source Games That You Like?

+1 for Xmoto, also soon they will be adding real physics into the game! *Elastomania diden't have this).

I'd love to see a port of Sonic Robo Blast 2! Awesome 3D open source Sonic game built off Doom 2, that has a huge community of wadders and etc.

Take a look at this game. I've started exploring the open source game community, and this game stuck out as one I wanted on the Pandora.

http://icculus.org/neverball/

I think mapping the table tilt to one of the analogue sticks would work pretty well. Any thoughts about the game? Any programmers want to comment on whether or not this is possible? The main site mentions a need for hardware OpenGL, which the pandora has, and a 500 MHz processor, though that quote is for x86, not ARM. It's already ported to Linux, though, so my thoughts are that this game is ready to be brought to the Pandora.

Now we just need a coder....

cosurgi said:
It will work out of the box.

Wait, wait. How are you determining that?

That links to the Arm version of Neverball, but does it link to an OpenGL ES version? It doesn't seem to.

Last edited by a moderator:
VRAndy said:
cosurgi said:
It will work out of the box.
Wait, wait. How are you determining that?

That links to the Arm version of Neverball, but does it link to an OpenGL ES version? It doesn't seem to.

ok, so then it's just a matter of recompile:
CODE

apt-get build-dep neverball
apt-get source neverball
cd neverball-1.4.0
debian/rules binary

if it won't compile then OpenGL ES is missing something and I'm very surprised.

cosurgi said:
if it won't compile then OpenGL ES is missing something and I'm very surprised.
You realize that OpenGL ES is not a feature-complete openGL implementation?

I just tried it out, and I have to say, I really don't like the physics of it. It accelerates too much. They should take a look at switchball, and use those physics (amazing BTW, sucks it uses direct x)

Even though neverball's ball is a bit fast, it is a very good game. There are many many levels and Pandora's thumb controls should work well for the game.

Neverball is as close to certain for a port as any game you could imagine for Pandora. Looking forward to playing it.

just tested Sonic Robo Blast 2. It's awesome! I even prefer it to things like sonic adventure on dreamcast - the feeling is plain more Sonic.
Didn't know something like this existed, but now I researched, got the code from their svn (it's gpl and and the source is also inside the .exe in their download-section) and compiled on linux without problems. There seem to be some pandora fans in their community and as graphic-acceleration is not really needed, there might be a chance of a quick port.

Has Enigma been mentioned yet?

level10f.png

This is simple enough 2d action/puzzle game and if I'm not mistaken already has a (slow) Gp2x port. It would work great with analog nub controls.

scrag_10 said:
SPRING

I don't think it can handle it though, but maybe it just depends how much stuff you have going on in the match.
Oh god yes! Spring, UFO:AI, Teewars and Cortex Commando ,if possible, would mean my desktop will be left unused.

Back