Opengta

plopperz

Huh?
Website
Visit site
While looking up Stratagus I found this.
From what I see it looks to be playable, and there has been somewhat recent development (January).
Would be a great thing to have on the Pandora.
Whaddya think?

PlopperZ said:
From what I see it looks to be playable, and there has been somewhat recent development (January).
Whaddya think?

Probably better off playing real gta 1&2 on psx emulator, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
dsleaf67 said:
PlopperZ said:
Whaddya think?

True,
but with this there is always the option of adding touchscreen support, adding mods, etc.
Stuff you just can't do with the PSX.

dsleaf67 said:
PlopperZ said:
Whaddya think?

I hope the Pandora can run them faster than a real PS1 then as they were too SLOW compared to the PC versions.

See, the thing that prevented me from playing and enjoying gta 1/2 was the reletive direction controls. Sorry, but if I push up I want to go UP not left, or right, or wherever I face. Reletive controls work for FIRST PERSON PRESPECTIVE ONLY, not third, not overhead, FIRST and FIRST PERSON ONLY!

*huff*

Sorry.

Jeric said:
See, the thing that prevented me from playing and enjoying gta 1/2 was the reletive direction controls. Sorry, but if I push up I want to go UP not left, or right, or wherever I face. Reletive controls work for FIRST PERSON PRESPECTIVE ONLY, not third, not overhead, FIRST and FIRST PERSON ONLY!

*huff*

Sorry.
Yeah I hate when games do that too. That was a real pain in Twinsen's Odyssey (Little Big Adventure 2 for all u Europeans).

Jeric said:

*huff*

Sorry.
How easy would it be to accurately shoot in the direction you wanted using the control system you suggested?

How about shooting at someone and running backwards away from them at the same time?

It's good to support open/indy games, shows the Pandora :pandora1: isn't just for emulation, and dispels some of the notions about piracy.

I'm a little sad openGTA is just reimplementing. Seems like it wouldn't be hard to make your own original content for something like that.

MagicPants said:
I'm a little sad openGTA is just reimplementing. Seems like it wouldn't be hard to make your own original content for something like that.
It isn't just reimplementing.
Their goals are to (1) reimplement GTA 1 and (2) Make it better. :)

Jeric said:

*huff*

Sorry.
Just map up and down to buttons 1 & 2 on the panda and you have a micro-machines style control system. Wohoo! :)

Jeric said:
Reletive controls work for FIRST PERSON PRESPECTIVE ONLY, not third, not overhead, FIRST and FIRST PERSON ONLY!
Asteroids, with its overhead perspective, was a huge hit despite using relative controls.
And it still makes a lot of sense to, say, press right when you want to turn clockwise, IMO.
I guess it depends.. but relative controls can work on other than first person perspective.

Maybe its just me then, I dunno. I just never could get used to how gta and similar games handled controls.

Ummmmmm..... the controls were set that way in gta because it made it possible to play with a ps1 car wheel controller <_< .... I still have mine :D

Then why wasn't it an option to switch control behavior? After all not EVERYBODY has the wheel.

Back