OpenPandora Emulator

dratone

Still Fresh
Hi All,

I've tried searching for it (both google and boards.openpandora.org), unfortunatly the only search terms I can come up with are a bit to... generic to find anything usefull.

So hance the question: Is there an emulator that emulates the OpenPandora? I.e. run the OpenPandora OS (hopefully without beeing to slow)? And/or is there a general-purpose Emulator on which this could be installed?

Both links seem to be dead sadly
sad.gif

he never released it to the best of my knowledge. Don't know if he's even still around.

he posted here up till January of this year. What pissed him off anyways?

no, he said he got one in the link I posted. plus I can't find a recent post on either forum that he's pissed in. Sony are you sure he left?

His website makes me think maybe he's just been real busy with rl:

http://www.jannikvogel.de/2011

It was so he could test his app (psp emulator) on a pc without having the actual pandora.

also yes he left due to an argument with skeezix in IRC about contributions to the pandora OS

I have messed around a bit with QEMU's userspace emulation. Thanks to Gallium my driver supports OpenGL ES so I thought maybe it could actually work starting games etc. with it. Console programs work fine, with a bit of fiddling I also got some graphical programs such as Mousepad to run, but it looked kinda strange (all characters were just displayed as empty boxes).

Then I've searched for some simple OpenGL ES program and ended up grabbing some es2gears from a Linaro PPA, but it failed because of lacking EGL support... ("EGL: Failed to open EGL display")

More to point .. what do you need an emu for? Perhaps your needs are better served another way?

ie: There are some legit cases for an emu of course, especially when going to low level stuff.

But most people can just develop natively or on a similar platform (any old Linux distro, since Pandora is so close to a full computer), and then port the bits at the end.. ie: design in mind for, but build on another platform. ie: SDL or the like will be fine. Or GTK, or QT, etc. Or just write native /dev/fb apps, or X11, or whatever turns your crank. Use a mouse to approximate touchscreen and you can support same joysticks the same way pandora does (more or less), and so on.

jeff

Back