OpenPandora is NOT dead!

650 left to go?

Damn. These things are gonna go for a fucking fortune on ebay in a year or so.

D.

This is exciting. I want to see how the P2 will turn out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in as a pre-order customer with ED as soon as he's got the P2 pre-order queue ready to roll.  It'll be just like 2009 all over again.   ;)

Well, given that the wifi has been a bit spotty, I have no trouble seeing a wifiless pandora as a quite attractive proposition, too. Even better, bundle it with a small USB-wifi-stick of the kind you've had in the shop, and I think it'll be quite all right, really. All depends on demand, of course, but if the demand is there, then the lack of a wifi module shouldn't bee too damning.

Well, given that the wifi has been a bit spotty, I have no trouble seeing a wifiless pandora as a quite attractive proposition, too. Even better, bundle it with a small USB-wifi-stick of the kind you've had in the shop, and I think it'll be quite all right, really. All depends on demand, of course, but if the demand is there, then the lack of a wifi module shouldn't bee too damning.
But then you can claim 20-hr+ battery life anymore as USB wifi sucks power like I'm drinking beer :)

True. But I'd think that for the main target group of the pandora, that might not be a problem? I.e. the main draw is games playing, and to switch on and off the USB when it is needed?

Of course, I'm just guessing here and there would need to be some proper probing of market to be done, but for me, at least, the wifi is a nice side addition, not at all a central feature.

The production of the final Pandora batch has been started. There will be 500 more 1GHz and 150 more Rebirth units.
Congratulations on a job well done!!!

Reading that somehow felt like watching the Titanic unexpectedly glide majestically into harbor.

This is really quite wonderful news despite the fact that it does mean you'll have nothing to sell in a moment.

And you said earlier that steady sales have not only been due to people buying discounted units either, which also verifies that the whole concept of a Pandora is still alive, kicking and finding new customers!

Just... wow...

(But darn... that means there's a bit more limited time frame now for the "Additional 1GHz for 350 EUR"-offer... oh well... every silver lining has a cloud hanging to it ;) )

@ED Now the production run is coming to an end, can you tell us what the total number of Pandoras sold from all the shop since the start will be by then?

Due to the small quantity, I was wondering if it's possible for the people(like myself)who already own a pandora, not to buy a second and Instead, let those who haven't received one yet due to various factors, have a chance to finally own one? The more different hand it gets into - the more different software that could get developed and the more extensive the software library could be,before it's life ends maybe?

(just a possible suggestion. Not telling anyone what to do :D )

believe in this Project and Yesterday Evening got i F1Remake work on the Pandora. Ported with Glshim and Slackware. It run slow,but run with Sound.
(sorry for the offtopic, but I too have a working F1-Spirit remake on the work. I have heavily optimize my build, and get 30~50fps on my gigahertz, if you don't mind, I'll release my build soon)
(sorry for offofftopic, but I also have almost working F1 Remake, turbo optimized, so much optimized that I only need my Pandora and then I will stop lying I promise.)

2008031169up5.jpg

Agh cripes, that puts a deadline on me being able to afford one :/

Out of curiosity, a while ago it was the case that ED was putting the profits from his shop into paying for old orders.  I'm guessing that's no longer the case, and the only money going into preorder units is from the people involved + donations.  Is that true?

(I can't see otherwise how ED could afford to be developing a new device).

I'd love to see a P2.

Provided it does have a wifi chip and 2 sd card slots.

In fact surely you could keep pretty much everything the same except upgrade the screen, ram and the motherboard/cpu?

Off Topic advance warning

believe in this Project and Yesterday Evening got i F1Remake work on the Pandora. Ported with Glshim and Slackware. It run slow,but run with Sound.
(sorry for the offtopic, but I too have a working F1-Spirit remake on the work. I have heavily optimize my build, and get 30~50fps on my gigahertz, if you don't mind, I'll release my build soon)
(sorry for offofftopic, but I also have almost working F1 Remake, turbo optimized, so much optimized that I only need my Pandora and then I will stop lying I promise.)
2008031169up5.jpg

I'm way ahead of you, F1 remade already and already 'on' Pandora :)

ourybd.jpg

(evildragon is viewing this topic now) i really hope the pandora will get an huge upgrade. like the icp2 can be in an rebirth case for retro gamers. or have the option to get custom hardware.. but those belong in another topic. PANDORA DONT DIE ON ME.

(posted and typed with an pandora)

One of my plans is to keep the successor as compatible as possible though, so that all the nice software we've got on the Pandora will work right away.
I think this is a very wise decission! :)
An incompatible successor would also split the already not really big community into even smaller chunks...

Back