Openpandora Ltd (UK) Struck off email

CC didn't charge for PCBs they haven't delivered, that's true.

The production is not that expensive though.
It's the parts - and they had been paid upfront by Craig. With 1000 non-working PCBs, that's about 200.000 USD, so a huge loss.
someone should sue that CEO specifically, no doubt he could afford $200K settlement

in other news, people with no manufacturing experience should get more help if they want to manufacture something

Last edited by a moderator:

It's the parts - and they had been paid upfront by Craig. With 1000 non-working PCBs, that's about 200.000 USD, so a huge loss.
someone should sue that CEO specifically, no doubt he could afford $200K settlement

in other news, people with no manufacturing experience should get more help if they want to manufacture something
For what? They had no written contracts between them. So they had no real consequences for damaging that many boards and certainly no basis to start a lawsuit.  They could easily argue there were no timelines and Craig's constant delays with stock is what caused the damage to the boards. If Craig didn't bullshit them and delivered the stock when he said he was going to none of these problems would have happened.

Sure the CC ceo didn't do the right thing either but all of this falls back on Craig.  Craig didn't make any sort of contract with delivery schedules.  Craig constantly lied to the CC people about getting the stock and probably threw out of whack production runs they were planning on doing.  Craig didn't follow anything up.

To sum it up Craig royally f*cked everything up. 

Well according to Craig he did nothing wrong, so what could he learn?  
Ah yes, you are right. I forgot it's everybody else's fault, both for the Pandora and for the ICP2. The suppliers screwed him. People didn't respect timelines. Worldwide shortage of LEDs. Stuff not getting done by itself. 

So much injustice in this world :)

ED: The upgrade links I got at the end of last month don't work... Does that mean no upgrade. I wasn't aware there was a time limit and I didn't have the funds at the end of last month.
The link would just move here:

https://www.dragonbox.de/index.php?id_product=112&controller=product

I'll make a redirect for the links though, so that no one else will have that issue ;)
I meant the voucher links. There was no time limit specified but they are not working :-(

Even with the voucher - add the £273.40 I already paid in 2010 and I'd still be paying more than a new customer..... and that price relies on donations if I understand it correctly. Can't get my head around the figures.

The figures are that way because what we originally paid is not counted. ED didn't get that money and it seemed to vanish into Craig's money bonfire. So basically that money we paid is gone and the current Pandora offers are really starting from scratch.

Bottom line: we got shafted and ED is doing what he can to make Pandoras available to we shaftees.

OPL UK seemed so sure about ED sorting things out in his previous correspondence.

Hello Stuart,

Apologies again for the late reply, I have been out of the office quite a lot over the last few weeks due to illness.  I am the only person who deals with Pandora emails, therefore I have a huge backlog of emails which I am endeavouring to answer as quickly as possible.

No, if you cross upgrade with ED that will help to clear our backlog of orders and your order would be despatched as soon as he receives new stock as per this post:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/10532-soon-back-in-stock-and-other-news-2012-10-29/

At the moment it will be a lot quicker for you to upgrade via ED.

Going by the tone of emails like this, I assumed there was some sort of arrangment in place, especially the way she worked out the price:

The cost to upgrade to a 1Ghz unit is  £272.60 ($699) £449 plus VAT of £89.80 = £538.80 - £266.20 = £272.60
Maybe if I'd spent more time here I'd have known what was going on earlier and done something about it.

Well that's a whole other part of the problem - we weren't informed of what was actually going on. I came here the odd time and so had some idea of what was happening over the years but crucial information was not given to the customers. We should have had regular mails. We didn't. Even what Craig posted here was often cryptic and missing key parts of information that people asked for. He kept everyone in the dark, including seemingly ED, which is why it was infuriating seeing people who ordered in 2010 be told they were almost next up in the queue and that almost all Pandoras had shipped when I had ordered in 2008 and still had nothing. All misinformation.

They had no written contracts between them.
Emails count as legally binding contracts.

Any agreement between two entities, whether it's vocal and sealed with a handshake or written in granite and signed with blood, is a contract.  The trouble comes in proving that what was agreed upon is really what was agreed upon by the people involved.  If ED has emails from the CEO saying that they're working on it, that's a contract.  ED would only have to prove that the emails came from the company and the CEOs address, and a lawyer could subpeona their email records to show it.

I meant the voucher links. There was no time limit specified but they are not working :-(

Even with the voucher - add the £273.40 I already paid in 2010 and I'd still be paying more than a new customer..... and that price relies on donations if I understand it correctly. Can't get my head around the figures.
Umm... there are no voucher links...?

There are vouchers in the mail which you use on checkout, so that the 1GHz Pandora will either cost 300 EUR (without donations), 200 EUR, 150 EUR or 100 EUR (with donations).

For what? They had no written contracts between them. So they had no real consequences for damaging that many boards and certainly no basis to start a lawsuit.  They could easily argue there were no timelines and Craig's constant delays with stock is what caused the damage to the boards. If Craig didn't bullshit them and delivered the stock when he said he was going to none of these problems would have happened.

Sure the CC ceo didn't do the right thing either but all of this falls back on Craig.  Craig didn't make any sort of contract with delivery schedules.  Craig constantly lied to the CC people about getting the stock and probably threw out of whack production runs they were planning on doing.  Craig didn't follow anything up.

To sum it up Craig royally f*cked everything up. 
Thank YOU (for taking the words right out of my mouth)

Its tricky isn't it. People like Craig are the only ones crazy / brave enough to take the risks required to drive big projects. But the flip side is that they are so caught up in their reality distortion bubble, that same thing that allows them to make things happen in the first place, that they are often completely blind to things that will ruin them.

All great success starts with a certain level of delusion I think. I'm sure one day something will make craig a multimillionair. 

...or a raving lunatic outside the shopping centre. Possibly.

I'm sure one day something will make craig a multimillionair. 
The way he is making money disappear and talking a big circle about the crucial information (like "Where's the f*cking money?),

this may not be very far in the future, if some people in the net trust him again so blindly like folks here did.

Its tricky isn't it. People like Craig are the only ones crazy / brave enough to take the risks required to drive big projects. But the flip side is that they are so caught up in their reality distortion bubble, that same thing that allows them to make things happen in the first place, that they are often completely blind to things that will ruin them.

All great success starts with a certain level of delusion I think. I'm sure one day something will make craig a multimillionair.
This only works if you're someone who delivers. Got to follow through or you're just another person who promises a lot and fails to deliver. Craig has shown himself to be someone who just doesn't deliver.

I know several successful entrepreneurs, and while they all seem to be risk takers the reason they're successful is because they manage and understand the risk. Don't confuse Craig's failures with being a big thinker, his failures are due to his ego, arrogance, incompetence and lack of morals. The only thing that will ever make Craig a millionaire is a lottery win.

Back