Openpandora.org Blog Opened!

Oooo pretty :)

EDIT: I wonder what the chip below the OMAP3530's slot is... looks big compared to the positions, and fairly complex (in that the BGA shows it having many contacts). Intriguing.

*fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*

Enough said or uhhhh, done. B)

2330366060_a58fe86c44_o.png

Also, I suppose MJW Designs is the name of the company?

At least it's the name of the company that designed the layout of the circuit board :)

This should silence the naysayers that still think the Pandora won't happen :rolleyes:
You don't spend the time, effort and money needed to make a multi-layer PCB if you're not serious.

Objection Complete- Mission still ongoing. Does circuit boards gives us an idea of what is set in stone, and it looks pretty awesome.

from the looks of it yes. this is probably a perm mk.1 unit blank.

judging from the placement from the renders, it's not TOO hard to determine what pins go where, but i'm not sure as to all of the pins.

Awesome :) I guess this means they didn't have a prototype ready at TIDC. Building right now?

Very nice to see some actual photo's. :)

There's those big two holes in one board, and not the other. so Is one of these boards a newer revision? Or are there two boards. If there's two, what's on the other side? A single double sided board would be much more compact.

And does this mean the volume control and av jacks are sorted? I can see an obvious spot for the volume wheel, then next must be the power switch, two SD slots, a headphone slot, and what might be for the Video out?
I'm guessing along the top of the board it's mini usb, usb, and power jack. Unless they decided to just give us 1A usb charger?

On a more silly note. It's dated February! But ti's half way though March now. Have you been holding out on us? :p

Zarneth said:
There's those big two holes in one board, and not the other. so Is one of these boards a newer revision?
They're not holes, they're white stickers. You can see through them a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
Zarneth said:
There's those big two holes in one board, and not the other. so Is one of these boards a newer revision?
They're not holes, they're white stickers. You can see through them a bit.
Oops. And the lack of any 3d edge. I was concentrating too hard on figuring out where all the components would go. :p

Looking sweet so far. Hmmm... L2 Spare and R2 Spare, could those be the some of the extra connections MWeston said he was adding for people who felt like adding extra buttons and stuff? :blink:

Yes these photos should have been online a little earlier but we have been busy :)

I hope this will finally end the 'pandora is vapourware' talk :)

We will start to give some detailed behind the scenes info on there soon about the last year or so.

craigix said:
We will start to give some detailed behind the scenes info on there soon about the last year or so.
Thank you for the update. Glad to see everything is coming along well :D

Back