Release Otter browser

@Magic Sam : yes you are right, but I disabled QtWebEngine, as it doesn't work on the Pandora (it WANTS gles2 output, but always fail to get it, either because drivers > 4.03 doesn't works with X11, or because it wants RGBA32 FrameBuffer, or will fail with some shader anyway...).
Ah, I see, that's unfortunate... :( Any chance QtWebEngine could be made to work on the Pandora in the future ?

EDIT: what about the Pyra ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Pandora ... I have to find a way to have a Softwarer only renderer... (quite unlikely, I already tried a bit)
Pyra, yeah, should work I guess.

I tested Qupzilla 2.0.1 on my PC with Linux and QtWebEngine, and it segfaults anyway.
QtWebkit is still the best choice for now.

Hi, sorry to bother. Last week I had my Pandora suddenly rebooting while doing nothing out of the ordinary 3 times already. I suspect otter to be the culprit because it's the only software I had running and it seemed to happen when a lot of big images were loading (like the number images thread) . I don't know if there's crash logs available somewhere that could be of any use to anyone.
Are there?

Sent from my Hi8 pro using Tapatalk

The new build is on the repo (because I use latest sources from git, the version number is already on 12...)

Build 14
----------

• Updated to latest sources

I think I forgot to put the plugin in the PND :( I'll check later (but I have not succeeded in making QtWebKit using it anyway).

Hi all !

@ptitSeb : it's bug report time :p

Otter browser often crashes when visiting slashdot.org:
=======================================================================================
PND : /media/Pandora/pandora/apps/otter.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/otter
APPDD_FSTYPE : ext2
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/otter"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/otter=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/otter=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/otter"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
WSEGL_InitialiseDisplay: DRI2OpenConnection failed
Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
No language dictionaries for the language: "C"
Image of format '' blocked because it is not considered safe. If you are sure it is safe to do so, you can white-list the format by setting the environment variable QTWEBKIT_IMAGEFORMAT_WHITELIST=
Image of format '' blocked because it is not considered safe. If you are sure it is safe to do so, you can white-list the format by setting the environment variable QTWEBKIT_IMAGEFORMAT_WHITELIST=
load glyph failed err=6 face=0x19973c0, glyph=2709
load glyph failed err=6 face=0x19973c0, glyph=2709
load glyph failed err=6 face=0xe5ca00, glyph=2709
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 528: 3203 Segmentation fault "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/otter': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 7

Is this an upstream bug ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

A tried a bit but didn't reproduce the crash. I need a way to reproduce it. Is there a specific link in that page that trigger the crash ?

@ptitSeb : no specific link on my end, just loading up slashdot.org makes Otter crash.

Maybe my appdata settings are corrupted, will try again from a clean slate.

Cheers, Magic Sam
[doublepost=1475916563,1475915906][/doublepost]Hi again,

@ptitSeb : removing appdata/otter seems to solve the issue. Sorry for the noise ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : slashdot.org keeps making Otter crash... Interestingly, @canseco 's Qupzilla crashes in the exact same way, but leaves a backtrace behind:
pandora:/media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/qupzilla-app/home/.config/qupzilla/crashlog$ more Crash-2016-11-26T09\:56\:40.txt
Time: Sat Nov 26 09:56:40 2016
Qt version: 5.7.0 (compiled with 5.7.0)
QupZilla version: 1.8.9
WebKit version: 538.1

============== BACKTRACE ==============
#0: qupzilla(_Z23qupzilla_signal_handleri+0x188) [0x1302c]

Could it be a bug in QTWebKit ?

EDIT: As with Otter, deleting the appdata directory solves the issue in Qupzilla. I think this has something to do with the ADs Slashdot.org serves to its readers.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
New build on the repo.

Build 15
----------

• Updated to latest sources
  • Updated libs
[doublepost=1483209317,1483189510][/doublepost]PND was not working. It should be fixed now.

Build 16
----------

• Fixed PND

Hi all !

@ptitSeb : Happy New Year :)

Your latest build still segfaults when visiting slashdot.org (with a fresh appdata directory), but the output is more explicit this time:
PND : /media/Pandora/pandora/apps/otter.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/otter
APPDD_FSTYPE : ext2
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/otter"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/otter=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/otter=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/otter"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
WSEGL_InitialiseDisplay: DRI2OpenConnection failed
Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaiff.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaiff.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_list_from_id3v2_tag

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin.so': libgstphotography-0.10.so.23: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin2.so': libgstphotography-0.10.so.23: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaac.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaac.so: undefined symbol: gst_audio_encoder_proxy_getcaps

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaad.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaad.so: undefined symbol: gst_audio_decoder_get_parse_state

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfieldanalysis.so': libgstbasevideo-0.10.so.23: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstflac.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstflac.so: undefined symbol: gst_audio_encoder_proxy_getcaps
libffi.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gio/modules/libgiofam.so
libgnutls.so.30: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Cannot load module `/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libsftp.so' (/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libsftp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Cannot load module `/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libsftp.so' (/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libsftp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstid3demux.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstid3demux.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_list_from_id3v2_tag

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstid3tag.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstid3tag.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_mux_get_type

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstisomp4.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstisomp4.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_xmp_writer_tag_list_to_xmp_buffer

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstivorbisdec.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstivorbisdec.so: undefined symbol: gst_audio_decoder_finish_frame

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstjpegformat.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstjpegformat.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_xmp_writer_tag_list_to_xmp_buffer

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlame.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlame.so: undefined symbol: gst_audio_encoder_set_latency

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstopus.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstopus.so: undefined symbol: gst_audio_decoder_set_latency

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstpython.so': libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstspeex.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstspeex.so: undefined symbol: gst_audio_encoder_set_latency

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvideoparsersbad.so': libgstcodecparsers-0.10.so.23: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvorbis.so': /mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvorbis.so: undefined symbol: gst_audio_encoder_proxy_getcaps

(gst-plugin-scanner:7186): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/mnt/utmp/otter/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvp8.so': libgstbasevideo-0.10.so.23: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 528: 7164 Segmentation fault "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/otter': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 37

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back