Pandora Case

zoranc

Can you guys tell me how do you like the Pandora carry case from the ED's shop? Also does it have some kind of belt clip/strip or something? Thanks!

I have the Pandora carry case which came from Craig's shop. I assume it should be the same. It's very nice and professional looking. Has a nice Pandora logo silk screened on it. It's a little snug at first but I'm sure it will loosen up a little after a while. Also it has elastic places in the lid to keep extra sd cards in. Otherwise not a lot of other room. It has a loop on the back you could use for a belt loop or whatever.

Thanks a lot for your answer Dixie! I saw it in the ED's shop but he has only one picture there and it's not visible if it has this belt loop. Your answer cleared it up.

There some pics in the Photobucket:

th_78462867.jpg

th_78454312.jpg

th_78454473.jpg

My link

Apparently, to loosen up the snugness that DixieDawg mentions, you just need to turn the case inside-out and back again a few times. (Looking at the type of material it's made from, this makes perfect sense to me. :p )

EDIT: Turns out that apparently it's snugger than I'd heard! (See below.)

I have one of these cases, and the quality is top notch in regards to the material used. It is just about the same quality as my Hori DS cases, which are some of the best made.

I will say the fit is terrible,and Craig should have about an inch added to the overall size in any future production runs. I have turned it inside out a bunch of times, and I even filled it with bubble wrap to expand over a few days, and my Pandora fits ok, but it is just way to tight. No one should have to work this hard to have the case fit.

Even though your Pandora will fit, it is like wearing a size of pants one size to small. You can wear them, but it is very uncomfortable. If my Pandora is in the case, and I drop it, it won't provide much protection as the case is pulled so tight, the corners are almost poking out the case. So I really can't recommend anyone buy this case unless the fit has been improved, otherwise try and find a phat ds case, or something else where your Pandora will actually fit easily!

Chris

Edit:I forgot to mention that some of the stitching on mine is coming loose from the Pandora pushing against the seams. Very tight Fit! :(

Bought it

as mentioned, too tight. Had to force the pandora in to the case

can't recommend it, don't use it much and it was expensive ( Find a cheap DS case, some cost 3 times less the amount of money)

I would go as far as to say the Pandora simply doesn't fit the case (at least my case). Shame, because it looks nice.

jumpman said:
I have one of these cases, and the quality is top notch in regards to the material used. It is just about the same quality as my Hori DS cases, which are some of the best made.

I will say the fit is terrible,and Craig should have about an inch added to the overall size in any future production runs. I have turned it inside out a bunch of times, and I even filled it with bubble wrap to expand over a few days, and my Pandora fits ok, but it is just way to tight. No one should have to work this hard to have the case fit.

Even though your Pandora will fit, it is like wearing a size of pants one size to small. You can wear them, but it is very uncomfortable. If my Pandora is in the case, and I drop it, it won't provide much protection as the case is pulled so tight, the corners are almost poking out the case. So I really can't recommend anyone buy this case unless the fit has been improved, otherwise try and find a phat ds case, or something else where your Pandora will actually fit easily!

Chris

Edit:I forgot to mention that some of the stitching on mine is coming loose from the Pandora pushing against the seams. Very tight Fit! :(

Ditto for me, except the stitching coming off part. It is too difficult/time-consuming to put in and zip up without worrying that I may scratch the corners that I find myself hardly use it. As far as protection, IMHO, I think the GP2X case provides a better protection. I don't regret buying it, I just look at it as a way to support OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree I have the case and the fit is way tooo tight its very hard to get it in, i tried turning it inside out a couple of times to stretch it and ended up taring the material from the stitching which i had to super glu back down other than that i use it becuase i dont have anything better to use at the moment

The case is tight, but it is not horrible. I have found the best way to insert the Pandora is to put it in the case upside down. Maybe the rounded edges on the lid help it slide in better? I have no regrets purchasing the case.

I believe Craig said at some point he was going to send them back, as the fit wasn't right, and that's when the "turn in and out" method was told by the company to improve fit, and that the case was designed to stretch by a certain percentage.

My DS & PSP cases are of a similar make, and both unit slide right in, and feel just right. Even once I fight the Pandora into the case, it always feels like it's squeezing the unit to death, it's really no fun at all.

Someone for sure dropped the ball on the case size. Like I said, the quality is top notch. The lining, sd slots, zipper, logo, belt hook are all very nice, but if the Pandora does not fit proper, it is very useless in it's current state.

Chris

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1040
I recommend the solid case.

You can use the clear case and the one from Craig's store together, super snug, but it works. I think the OP case being sold is too tight like Jumpman said. Almost feels like you'll rip your shoulder buttons off if you pull from the wrong angle and get one snagged.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Back