Pandora Logo?

letsridebmx104

Still Fresh
Do we have a logo for Pandora Yet? are they having an "open" floor for logo submissions? Is somebody hired?

Lee

I would personally find a outhouse flipped on its side to be quite an attractive logo for the "Pandora."

I've been brewing up some stuff.
Maybe I'll take a picture of a drawing since I can't paint.
I think something that is very simple, and something that is likable by both sexes is something to achieve.

Here are my ideas. Criticize all you want:
3685376257eh1.th.jpg
3685377153kz2.th.jpg
3685379201ae9.th.jpg

The squarish one in the middle with the bracket-like things on the sides would be my favorite.

LevelPlane said:
Here are my ideas. Criticize all you want:

The squarish one in the middle with the bracket-like things on the sides would be my favorite.
I like the black one in the upper-right. The P looks very edgy and sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
geo12 said:
I still think "p&|a" is pretty clever
It took me a while to get that one. Über-geeky, but I love it too!!

I've had to realise that I am unable to make designs that look properly good, but I would like the design to be as sleek and simple as possible. Someone posted a few pics in another thread (I think it was the decal one) of just the name and an open box or something. I personally think that would be cool.

Also, it would look pretty damn nice if the logo was embedded in the plastic. My knowledge of English fails here, but what I mean is that it would be produced as an inverted embossing, if you know what I mean, and the inside of that would be slightly textured. Either just a different finish (matte if the unit is shiny. Shiny if the unit is matte.) or with a grainy texture. I've seen this done on some products, though I can't remember which, and it looks really nice.

icurafu said:
That's bloody clever. Who came up with that?

Ofcourse, not a good mainstream logo. ;)
I believe it was Yuglooc - certainly that's where I first hear it and attributed it. Original post here.

And yes, it's amazingly geeky and should most certainly feature somewhere in the design. It allows us to use a woman's name for the console and STILL cater to those who think it needs to be called something like CX2K76XZ to be taken seriously.

And what's more, it looks very cool in plain ascii. Does PSP look cool in ascii? I don't think so...

geo12 said:
Gotta love it. It's short, to the point, and suitably geeky (I'd love to see any of my less geeky friends try to decode it...). It needs to be used, even if not in mainstream advertising (because we do want the P&|a to succeed in the mainstream market as well, don't we?)... though it definitely needs to be on the device (maybe on the serial sticker).

fusion_power said:
Uh, I think my 1337-speak isn't good enough to see the word PANDORA in something like "p&|a" :lol: P-AND-DOR-A"?
No lame "leet-speak" is involved. Thankfully...

p&|a reads as "P-and-or-a"
Detailed explanation: (& = logical AND operator, | = logical OR operator). Most programming languages use these.

Back