Pandora Mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cervante

PS3 ID: Cervante1
Website
Visit site
Im thinking an anime chick, i did a image google search "Pandora Anime" . From the results the mascot I have in mind comes close to this.

pandora.jpg

My opinion is that we should have some sort of panda. It's close enough to Pandora, and pandas are always a safe bet. (Though there wouldn't be any link to Pandora's Box, but unless we use some sort of BOX as the mascot, there most likely won't be any sufficient (obvious enough) link). Or then we could use bunnies...

I'm not 100% sure, but I assumed the Pandora name was meant to refer to the Pandora's Box. Right?

Believe it or not not everyone likes anime chicks. :p

Fuzzy things (like pandas) are much harder to go wrong with. You just can't get err, excited, over them (why else would you choose an anime chick?) unless your wierd... ... ... Now i'm getting a mental image of an anime pandagirl. Quite disturbing. :blink:
I'm not 100% sure, but I assumed the Pandora name was meant to refer to the Pandora's Box. Right?
I'm pretty sure Pandora's box is the correct assumption. It makes sense while pandas don't. Though Panda's in general don't make much sense anyway.

How about a cute Panda lying slumped over the pandora box logo munching on some leaves looking all cute D:

how about a cute anime panda girl opening a box with a shiny light inside? ^^

How about Churchill fighting Hitler, like an actual fist fight, anime style?

Maybe like Churchill doing a knockout blow, smashing Hitlers teeth out?

I don't really know how that would tie in to anything, I just think it would look awesome.

I vote we find a girl called Pandora and take a picture of her actual box

any takers?

craigix said:

I don't really know how that would tie in to anything, I just think it would look awesome.
You are the boss and that indeed does sound awesome. :blink:

On the other hand, a Panda might work, too, although it's kind of generic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there really any need for a mascot? Pandora is not being marketed to children, so there won't be any promotional tie-ins. There won't be Pandora™ toys in happy meals or cereal boxes. I don't think somebody who is on the fence about whether or not to buy a Pandora will be swayed to make a purchase because "The cute cartoon animal says so".

On the other hand, certain types might be dissuaded from buying one because of an overly juvenile mascot. You loose a bit of cred when your top-of-the-line linux palmtop has a fracking cartoon bear on the lid.

craigix said:

YES

Seriously, though, does it need a mascot? Most mascots in the console world come from a premier video game. Someone should get to work on that. ;)

Also, Craigix, do you mean kind of like this?
445px-Captainamerica1.jpg

:lol:

Err, I thought bunnies were the official animal of choice for hard core pandora folks...

So, how about: an anime version of a bunny being eaten by a panda. the panda would have churchill's face and the bunny would have hitler's.

That should cover it, right?

:rolleyes:

either that or give away bobble head dolls of craig, mweston and ED...

(err, in case it's non-obvious - pandora don't need no stinkin' mascot!)

craigix said:

while(cragix_idea_awesome) idea++;

atomicthumbs said:
craigix said:

while(cragix_idea_awesome) idea++;

try {
while(cragix_idea_awesome()) idea++;
} catch (OldStereoTypicalIdeaException e) {
think_of_something_new();
} catch (NotGloballyRelevantException e) {
think_of_something_new();
}

you get the idea...

The war is more than 60 years over. I think the pandora should represent the people for peace in the world and not for war.

Mit freundlichen Gruß
Jens.l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back