Pandora Mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things to like..

1) AWESOME!
2) Far guy, perfectly representing GP2x nerds
3) The arrow pointing up .. obviously referring to Starblazers!

I still want to see the panda anime girl.

jeff

If we make a mascot, for it to be successful, we have to make a platformer that features it as the main character. (and is actually fun to play)

Remember the vote for the GP2X mascot? I rarely see pics of that thing anymore.

But if we go for a nonplatformer, I'd suggest an OS-tan-style mascot:

linux-tan.jpg

Note, I did not make this, this is just Linux-tan, an OS-tan.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if we go for one similar to Linux-tan, then we probably still could make a platformer with it. ;P

-God Ginrai

craigix said:
How about Churchill fighting Hitler, like an actual fist fight, anime style?

Maybe like Churchill doing a knockout blow, smashing Hitlers teeth out?

I don't really know how that would tie in to anything, I just think it would look awesome.
You have a very strange sense of humor :huh:

skeezix said:
I still want to see the panda anime girl.

jeff
NACKED Panda Anime Girl of course! ;)

3Designer said:
I seriously insist we ask her

http://www.softpicks.net/screenshots/Scarl...Screensaver.jpg

Hmm, cute Scarlett...she has beautiful big...eyes... ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
Sorry, but it has to be a penguin, it's the law.
This comment might have been meant as a joke, but I actually think it should be. To me, Tux opening Pandora's Box fits best...

I'm not exactly sure how to pull that off without it just looking like a penguin holding some box...but given the context maybe it will make sense. :)

3Designer said:

WTF? Why would we want a REAL woman (especially such a main stream one!!!! I bet she dont even use linux!!) as the mascot for this device which will be most popular with people who like anime girls and hentai (polite term for dateless wonders :D)? Also If we're gonna have a real woman she has to japanese...... :rolleyes:

Fat Panda all the way, the kids will love it.

If you really want a mascot, I'd suggest keeping it as a community mascot. IE, make games with said mascot in, make Pandora resources (desktop backgrounds etc) with the mascot, but not on any actual official packaging.
As was mentioned previously, the odds of a mascot on the website or packaging/advertising is more likely to damage the Pandora's reputation.

Come up with a good logo and a distinctive visual style, and that'll be enough, keep the anime and pandas as a community-driven, separate activity.

MechsWillOneDayStepOnYou said:
3Designer said:

WTF? Why would we want a REAL woman (especially such a main stream one!!!! I bet she dont even use linux!!) as the mascot for this device which will be most popular with people who like anime girls and hentai (polite term for dateless wonders :D)? Also If we're gonna have a real woman she has to japanese...... :rolleyes:

Because she is really, really, and I mean REALLY hot

3Designer said:
MechsWillOneDayStepOnYou said:
3Designer said:

Because she is really, really, and I mean REALLY hot

She looks too swedish, there are hotter peeps than her. Way hotter.. Some are just too hot they make they make Johansson look like a troll. ....

BTW anyone that wants to search for chun li pics, be forewarned ... this beast lurk among the pics :eek:

Anyway I'll stop treatin this place like an image board for now :D

Zarneth said:
Believe it or not not everyone likes anime chicks. :p

Fuzzy things (like pandas) are much harder to go wrong with. You just can't get err, excited, over them (why else would you choose an anime chick?) unless your wierd... ... ... Now i'm getting a mental image of an anime pandagirl. Quite disturbing. :blink:
I'm not 100% sure, but I assumed the Pandora name was meant to refer to the Pandora's Box. Right?
I'm pretty sure Pandora's box is the correct assumption. It makes sense while pandas don't. Though Panda's in general don't make much sense anyway.
Not everyone gets off on anime....

How about a Panda dressed as a prostitute? Pandwhorer? eh eh?

ah no one likes my brand of high brow comedy

JakeK said:
Have you ever heard of the old robot saying "DOES NOT COMPUTE"? :D

what about the obvious... a panda... in a box! then it makes sense, AND it has a panda!
0920_A18.jpg

i mean, what could be cuter?

or, if we want to be less cute, we could always do something like:
kung-fu-panda.jpg

oh, here we go, girl and panda combined
bandi-panda-fashion-01.jpg

not a very attractive girl tho... maybe if it was an anime version :p

JakeK said:
Zarneth said:
Believe it or not not everyone likes anime chicks. :p

Fuzzy things (like pandas) are much harder to go wrong with. You just can't get err, excited, over them (why else would you choose an anime chick?) unless your wierd... ... ... Now i'm getting a mental image of an anime pandagirl. Quite disturbing. :blink:
I'm not 100% sure, but I assumed the Pandora name was meant to refer to the Pandora's Box. Right?
I'm pretty sure Pandora's box is the correct assumption. It makes sense while pandas don't. Though Panda's in general don't make much sense anyway.

http://www.onemanga.com/Genshiken/4/13/ <-- Please read from that page onward. ;)

Snu said:
what about the obvious... a panda... in a box! then it makes sense, AND it has a panda!
0920_A18.jpg

i mean, what could be cuter?
I'm sold! Just put a Linux Inside Logo (and maybe a "Panda Inside" one as well) somewhere on the box and we're set! XD

-God Ginrai

liquidphantom said:
How about a Panda dressed as a prostitute? Pandwhorer? eh eh?

ah no one likes my brand of high brow comedy
haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back