Pandora Online

This is such a great initiative to share your Pandora, gobsmacked.

Thanks so much for this! I got some debugging done on Sparks, and now the PND runs! Of course, it's far too slow to actually play the game, not to mention the fact that it requires nubs to play, but it works and anyone with a Pandora should try it.

I just tried this out but without luck :(

It generates an appdata folder, documentation that leads to nothing (like most PND's) and a correct 'arcade game' category in the menu (unlike most PND's), it has no icon (not expected) in either minimenu or desktop and despite trying the suggestions in your dev thread for this, I cannae get the thrusters working captain and the asteroids are winning! :rolleyes:

Edit : How does one go about this VNC business and does it work with windows?

Last edited by a moderator:
MarioPandio said:
Edit : How does one go about this VNC business and does it work with windows?

Yeah for windows I just use RealVNC it's free. there is a server and client.. you can connect to any OS that's running a VNC server.. I've even used it to connect to a OS/2 box, which was running some flavor of VNC..

I just tried this out but without luck :(

It generates an appdata folder, documentation that leads to nothing (like most PND's) and a correct 'arcade game' category in the menu (unlike most PND's), it has no icon (not expected) in either minimenu or desktop and despite trying the suggestions in your dev thread for this, I cannae get the thrusters working captain and the asteroids are winning! :rolleyes:
Sorry about that! There were some weird anomalies; some builds ran, some didn't. But that issue has been ironed out (again, thanks to vminko's Pandora), so if you redownload from the same link, it'll run now.

However, it won't get very far. After selecting a level, it crashes because of some issue with pygame. But I'm leaving that for the original developer, hal9000, to figure out.

EDIT: It's hopefully been fixed, so try it again!

Nobody seems to be using it, so I decided to compile something tasty (will make a video if everything goes well). The server is down for a while.

When will you put it back up, I haven't gotten a chance to try it out, and more importantly what time?

When will you put it back up, I haven't gotten a chance to try it out, and more importantly what time?
Compilation is not finished yet (206 out of 243 packets are finished). Then I want to play a bit with the result and make a video.

But I promise I'll put it back for a few days on the next week, probably from Wednesday to Friday. PM me your xmpp or email if you want me to notify you personally.

Code:
seb@seb:~/Projects/Pandora$ xvnc4viewer vminko.org

VNC Viewer Free Edition 4.1.1 for X - built Mar 10 2010 21:40:13

Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.

See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.

Tue Nov 23 21:43:49 2010

main:        unable to connect to host: No route to host (113)

:(

Sorry, WiFi connection was down. Fixed.

you_rock_you_rule.jpg

VNC Viewer (Windows XP)

Code:
unable connect to socket: Connection Refused (10061)

What is this telling me?

Code:
$ vncviewer vminko.org

vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: No route to host

Unable to connect to VNC server

I can ping vminko.org.

So is it down or is it busy?

What is this telling me?

Code:
$ vncviewer vminko.org

vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: No route to host

Unable to connect to VNC server

I can ping vminko.org.

So is it down or is it busy?
No route to host means that my server could not connect to the pandora, which obviously means that WiFi connection is down. I have to restart it sometimes. Try again.

I'll get it to work eventually

UdhTE.png

I went to sleep before I could read your previous response, and now it's down again lol.

im assuming you are using wireless? try updating your routers firmware, i bought a router that would keep d/cing me and i just needed to update it, hope this helps

Unable to resolve host by name: The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. (11004)

Vminko Most likely just wants some personal time with his Pandora, I know I would...

Yes of course ... :)

But i'll be happy if he takes some minute to test my little port and report the bugs.

Thanks a lot.

Back