Pandora Online

Sorry guys I've been out and could not make the Pandora available for you. Now it's up and ready.

If you get "No route to host" (which means WiFi is down and has to be restarted manually), ping me via xmpp (vminko@jabber.org) or via this site.

Sorry guys I've been out and could not make the Pandora available for you. Now it's up and ready.

If you get "No route to host" (which means WiFi is down and has to be restarted manually), ping me via xmpp (vminko@jabber.org) or via this site.
Oh no! 8 minutes have gone by. I'll never get in now. :(

EDIT: I think I'm almost getting in but am having a new issue...

:~$ vncviewer vminko.org

Connected to RFB server, using protocol version 3.8

No authentication needed

Authentication successful

Desktop name "user-openpandora:0"

VNC server default format:

16 bits per pixel.

Least significant byte first in each pixel.

True colour: max red 31 green 63 blue 31, shift red 11 green 5 blue 0

Using default colormap which is TrueColor. Pixel format:

32 bits per pixel.

Least significant byte first in each pixel.

True colour: max red 255 green 255 blue 255, shift red 16 green 8 blue 0

Using shared memory PutImage

vncviewer: VNC server closed connection

ShmCleanup called

Last edited by a moderator:
im assuming you are using wireless? try updating your routers firmware, i bought a router that would keep d/cing me and i just needed to update it, hope this helps
My server is the router and it works well with all the other WiFi devices I have. So I blame the pandora driver.

BTW, please don't terminate the ping I started in the terminal. I think it helps WiFi connection to keep alive.

EDIT: I think I'm almost getting in but am having a new issue...
That's probably because somebody else is using it right now, since I'm getting " main: End of stream" (tigervnc-1.0.1_p20100914). So please wait a bit.

Thanks a lot for let me try again .. :) :)

I have redownloaded the Alienbreed archive as .Zip because .7zip is not usable from Squeeze .

But i have encountered some problems ..

as the archive not decompress exactly (i have a error during decompression ).

Anyway i have understand that from runme.sh file i have to change the line from :

./python gameengine.py -m

to

./gameengine.py -m

now i think the file is corrupted because i have some strange error from python ..

If someone have time to try it on real Pandora i will be gratefull..

Thanks

Thank you. It is wonderful to give people the chance to see the capabilities of the Pandora. I attempted to install Navit, and realised I was out of my depth (well, it installed but the GUI lacked menus of any kind) so installed TangoGPS and... it works. If only it wasn't the early morning or I would be seeing what else I can expect when I get my Pandora.

Thank You

Hi, vminko I have been playing this afternoon with your pandora, mine is being repaired, it has been funny to "touch" it again. Just wanted to thank you.

Wow I can't believe I hadn't thought of that before I have a fairly fast inet connection at home and I could set my Pandora up Wed to do that for those of you that want to try it. ( Don't mean to copy you, just to demo the unit for those that can't get through to your Panda right away )

Will keep you guys posted

Edit: Please recommend a USB lan adapter so I don't have to stress Wifi breaking down at some point during my day, and same rules apply to mine, as Vminko's

Wow I can't believe I hadn't thought of that before I have a fairly fast inet connection at home and I could set my Pandora up Wed to do that for those of you that want to try it. ( Don't mean to copy you, just to demo the unit for those that can't get through to your Panda right away )
You're awesome!

Will keep you guys posted
Just provide me with your settings, I'll add them to the head post of this thread.

Edit: Please recommend a USB lan adapter so I don't have to stress Wifi breaking down at some point during my day
You can setup a USB network. See this manual: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57288-manual-usb-networks/

and same rules apply to mine, as Vminko's
Be prepared for vandalism. There are kids who enjoy removing all files from the system, for example. So do not store any valuable information on the Pandora and SD cards (if any). And you may need this Complete firmware image including all Hotfixes 2010-08 (Zaxxon)

I prefer lan adapter.. I currently don't have a PC i can leave running all day to piggyback the connection. Thanks for the article though i was wondering how to do this anyway.

and yeah, I expect people to be stupid. I have a sacrificial 2gb card for toying with at the ready

Is there a way to backup my current FW img and just restore that later on?

Be prepared for vandalism. There are kids who enjoy removing all files from the system, for example. So do not store any valuable information on the Pandora and SD cards (if any). And you may need this Complete firmware image including all Hotfixes 2010-08 (Zaxxon)

:angry: What the hell. You are totally cool to let us use this, and some duchebags mess with your panda? :angry: Whoever you are, person who messes with vminko's panda, I hate you. I hope your panda spontaneously combusts.

What the hell. You are totally cool to let us use this, and some duchebags mess with your panda?
Unfortunately yes. I just want these guys to know that when you damage the system, you strike the community, not me. I totally don't care, because I use Gentoo which is stored on a separate SD card. And it takes ~2 mins to restore the system from scratch.

Ok vminko, I say we backtrace these guys and hack the shit out of their computers. I have my hackbot army all ready and waiting. They were busy working on some data centers, but this is much more important. :ph34r: :angry: Let me know their IP addresses and I will show them what hackbots can do.

Ok vminko, I say we backtrace these guys and hack the shit out of their computers. I have my hackbot army all ready and waiting. They were busy working on some data centers, but this is much more important. :ph34r: :angry: Let me know their IP addresses and I will show them what hackbots can do.
Do you really want to waste your time on these jerks? I don't.

My bad about yesterday y'all I hadn't forgotten about setting up my panda for global abuse but my car's radiator and intake manifold blew out Tuesday night as I was driving home. Was rather concerned with getting that repaired asap rather than preparing my Pandora for battle with the internet. =P

Will let you guys know if/when I have things up and running though.

Back