Pandora Vs. The Hard Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

modzombie

Still Fresh
I've been thinking of making the leap and buying a Pandora, ever since the first-of-the-first batch arrived at some doorsteps (yes, I've been anonymously scouring the forums for several months now). However, committing to a flexible deadline doesn't quite sit well with me, regardless of all the stock I put into the community and product.

If I bought a Pandora today, what do you (personally) think the chances would be for me getting this, say, 2 months from now? Do you think deadlines are more predicable now vs. a few months ago? I say this because I'm not the type to put down money on something that isn't 95% sure to reach the doorstep on time. Even more-so for a stretched out deliverable.

only thing that is certain is the sooner you order the sooner you will receive one.
Two Months™ is a good time frame to keep in mind. I waited 600 days, some are now over 700. Mine is in the shop going on three weeks. If you have the money to spare and wake up tomorrow and wait Two Months™ there is a good chance you'll get a Pandora sometime. It's worth it!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I'd watch what happens with this latest batch of components. Two months is probably a little unrealistic for somebody at the tail end of the batch2 queue when most of batch1 isn't yet out the door, but if OpenPandora has the component problems resolved 3-4 months is probably doable. (And if you get yours in two months, then Bonus!)

Don't even think of ordering a Pandora with any sort of ETA in mind.

Although, mine arrived 23 months after I ordered and it was everything I expected it to be. Minus a nub problem that I am currently living with, case that cracked, etc ...

^ if you read the news you'd know that they are done testing and about to start mass-production.

Again, I'd be mindful of the fact that Batch 1 hasn't shipped in any great number - I'm around 400-500 in a queue of 4,000(ish), which even with ED and Fatih's allotment still equates to less than 800 and have yet to receive even a shipping mail. I'd not count on batch 1 being finished before christmas, and I'd expect batch 2 with everything in place to take at least 6 months to ship anything at all. You could plan on christmas 2011, but a great many of us have tried that one (xmas 08, xmas 09) and missed the mark by more than a year!

I'd also not place any faith whatsoever in any predictions made by any OPT members (or anyone else, for that matter) until the Pandora is in your hands ;-)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man up, place ur order and u wont be dissapointed when it does arive best buy ive made in years even more happy with this than my archos 5 IMT and i loved that. And if ur unable to part cash and wait then youve missed out on an amazing product. Trust grow some balls and put ur orders in now. And buy a spare case and some sugru it will come in handy.

Grave Digger!

gravedigger47.jpg

A premium order will likely take under a month from the time that you actually place the order.

In my case it took about 5 weeks but there was a mixup with my order that cost about a week. I also initially made my order during a holiday period which further increased the time it took to process.

Guys, just to point out, this is an old thread from late 2010, so I'm guessing that the original poster likely made his purchasing decision by now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back