Pandora Wi-Fi On 350kilobytes/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats that in Nibbles?

Hey i just hadda comment :)

craigix said:
I'm sure you will be delighted to know Michael saw 606KB last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
By the way, I still miss MWeston in the boards here to celebrate with us. ^^

r00tw00t said:
Okay, well. I live in Sweden and my ISP is Telia and they're offering 1000/100 were I live. Want me to run tptest or some other tests that can easily be faked?
I don't see the point proving something to you., I don't get anything out of it. I'll just continue enjoying my highspeed net.

But I understand the nerds here gets frustrated about my statement.

Haha, yeah, I find your gross overspending on an internet connection very frustrating.

jb0yx said:
I understand Sweden has some kick ass networks, I hear great things. I'm just curious about what kind of backbone technology is it using. I still don't know what optical comms standard gets 100Mb/s
Citynets around here in sweden, were subject to major flaws in design, and were hooked up using 1gbit optic fiber. This proved to be a major flaw simply since when the nets were built they were already old, and outdated. Most the fiber is still usable, it's just a matter of sticking a faster switch in the service room, but on the other hand, it's them switches that cost money...
Oh, and that fella with his huge E-penis... 1000/100. He is telling the truth. Well, kinda. Telia, one of the largest (former goverment run) ISP's here actually does offer that service. And they only do so in "some" areas. But they seam to forget to tell the costumer that they could just as well pay for the cheaper 100/100 since they both are limited by the total capacity of the optic fibre going to the building... Generaly speaking your anywhere from 25 to 100 users on 1gbit, so speeds get to be, what they get to be, so to speak. Luckily, most users doesn't run torrents 24/7...
B!

773426729.png

30/3 connection for 30 euros a month. Im happy with it, cause its really awesome for gaming, the lag is really low.

EDIT:

Its fiber to a small box 10m from my home.

Attachments

• 773426729.png
    773426729.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 87
Mr B said:
jb0yx said:
I understand Sweden has some kick ass networks, I hear great things. I'm just curious about what kind of backbone technology is it using. I still don't know what optical comms standard gets 100Mb/s
Citynets around here in sweden, were subject to major flaws in design, and were hooked up using 1gbit optic fiber. This proved to be a major flaw simply since when the nets were built they were already old, and outdated. Most the fiber is still usable, it's just a matter of sticking a faster switch in the service room, but on the other hand, it's them switches that cost money...
Oh, and that fella with his huge E-penis... 1000/100. He is telling the truth. Well, kinda. Telia, one of the largest (former goverment run) ISP's here actually does offer that service. And they only do so in "some" areas. But they seam to forget to tell the costumer that they could just as well pay for the cheaper 100/100 since they both are limited by the total capacity of the optic fibre going to the building... Generaly speaking your anywhere from 25 to 100 users on 1gbit, so speeds get to be, what they get to be, so to speak. Luckily, most users doesn't run torrents 24/7...
B!

It's pretty much the same with 1Gb connections here, few cities have them and it's very hard if not impossible to get that actual speed outside your ISP. Anyway, it's been out only for a couple of months.. The existent net grid and infrastructures are being upgraded to improve coverage and speed. Speeds like 200Mb will be guaranteed soon (Not peak)..

Trying to stay on track:
I'm eager to know what kind of discoveries MW did.. Was the 600KB speed achieved on a dedicated image or the full OS?

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
By the way, I still miss MWeston in the boards here to celebrate with us. ^^

He's still too busy improving and testing the fix :)

Last edited:
Mithrildor said:
He is still busy fixing?

MWeston your the best! You really put your heart and soul in the project!
It's a bloody pool of hearts, guts, sweat and undead roaming souls already.

Klarth said:
Bwahahaahhahaha I will not post my country's cable prices and speeds to not be laughed at. :)

I think there's no one of you who can feel my pain :p

XD, im nearly the same, not to say i had to spend all of the last night arguing with the ISP Tk support
their DNS servers were re-ejecting my requests intermittently (and some other people too), yet they kept
saying it was not their fault. on the end i had to use hard configurated alternate DNS server adr.

Btw, those test repos can be easily faked by the ISP, i know (from inside resourses) they give special priority to those speed test sites in order to refute they are giving you less bandwidth.
XD, not to say they always do speed test against their internal server so you get some "awesome speeds" test. (they keep tricking on people with that)

so Michael is VOLTMODDING THE PANDORA!!!!! :rolleyes:

(or what ws that resistor for if not for the chipset voltage?)

craigix said:
60KB/s more and we're there.

darkblu said:
craigix said:
60KB/s more and we're there.

2/3 of a Mb/s?

ohh yeah ok i get it nvm.

Um, if MW's Internet connection is only 5 Mb/s then 606 kB/s is about the max he can get as 600 kB ~ 4.8 Mb. It would be interesting to know what kind of speed he can get running the full OS and on a local network. Or he can just put a modified motherboard inside a Pandora and take it to the nearest open WiFi hotspot. Doesn't McDonalds offer WiFi to their customers? He doesn't have to eat their crap, just pay for it :lol: Airports, libraries, universities and hotels are other places one might find open hotspots.

why noy just put a FTP server on the local network and access it via wifi, i assume he's a wireless router

laharl said:
why noy just put a FTP server on the local network and access it via wifi, i assume he's a wireless router

yep, test with something silly like installing http://filezilla-project.org/ on a pc using a 100mb (or better) ethernet port and time the transfer of lots of little ones and then some big ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back