Pandora's Emulators - What Will Work And What Won't

Hi Jeff!

Okay, I started yellow/gold lighting systems now, for whom well known devs have publically and clearly declared intent to emulate, but don't yet have Pandora hardware.

So far Atari St (Skeezix) and GBA (Exophase) are yellowed.

Everyone, please let me know if I miss anything that should be added. I'm trying hard to not delve into rumors, so I want to stay conservative. Unless a dev clearly and publically indicates intent to emulate a certain system on Pandora, I won't yellow light a system.

Yellow lighted various emus by zx-81 and Firefox!

I wonder if guys like Rlyeh and Reesy are around?

I will surely make a version of Little John for Pandora once it's out--that would mean a single multi-emulator with NES, SNES, GB/C, SMS/GG, Genesis, NGP, Wonderswan/Color and Atari 2600. It's very likely that I will add some other modules later too :)

For those that want to know more about the Little John project (formerly LJP, LJZ) -- http://www.little-john.net

took you some time to actually confirm LJ, eh?
funny thing is, Little John Pandora will still be "LJP" :p I don't have any other ideas, but LJPand doesn't appeal as much...

btw, do yoyofr and MetaView know about the whole Pandora thing? :) It would be great to have them with us!

pepone said:
Even if neogeo is already being supported via finalburn alpha, I'll port gngeo to the pandora for sure.
Excellent. There is ALWAYS room for more than one emulator!

Adding you to NeoGeo. :)

Tinnus said:
I will surely make a version of Little John for Pandora once it's out--that would mean a single multi-emulator with NES, SNES, GB/C, SMS/GG, Genesis, NGP, Wonderswan/Color and Atari 2600. It's very likely that I will add some other modules later too :)

For those that want to know more about the Little John project (formerly LJP, LJZ) -- http://www.little-john.net

Sweeeeeeet. :p

Yellow lights all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
took you some time to actually confirm LJ, eh?
funny thing is, Little John Pandora will still be "LJP" :p I don't have any other ideas, but LJPand doesn't appeal as much...

I'm not sure the new thing is going to be officially called "LJsomething", I'll probably call it just "Little John" for all platforms. Also helps prevent confusion with the older version of LJP for example. Not to mention "LJPand" sounds like "El Japan" :p

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
btw, do yoyofr and MetaView know about the whole Pandora thing? :) It would be great to have them with us!

yoyofr doesn't answer anything for some months (year?). I talked with Metaview, but he seems to be more interested in PDAs and smartphones. Might want to bug him a bit again after it's out :)

Ah, I'm also in contact with another known developer from the PalmOS community, and he might jump on board as well in the future ;)

Prophet: Another one for yellow (and what an emulator it is)

notaz said:
PicoDrive will be the first thing I port to Pandora, whenever I get one..

hlide said:
Goity said:
According to here
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115613

there's a PSP emulator in progress. Doesn't necessarily mean anything will come from it though.

oh my god !!!! it was a "local" post on pspdev.org as an answer to a guy who wants to make a PSP emulator on PC by emulating directly the hardware (what I consider not feasible due to lack of hardware details), and now it is spread over dcemu !?

more at dcemu
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115612
;) :lol:

Tinnus said:

LittleJohnGP was ported to the GP32 by yoyofr, Many, Many years ago, Though it was only a Nes emulator back then, But it was the best Nes emulator for the GP32 in my opinion, And still play it even now.

http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,15

gp32_console :wub:

Trooper

Hirolaser said:
Prophet: Another one for yellow (and what an emulator it is)
notaz said:
PicoDrive will be the first thing I port to Pandora, whenever I get one..

Yellow lighted!

I love Picodrive - the SegaCD emulation alone is killer.

argor said:
hlide said:
Goity said:
According to here
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115613

there's a PSP emulator in progress. Doesn't necessarily mean anything will come from it though.

oh my god !!!! it was a "local" post on pspdev.org as an answer to a guy who wants to make a PSP emulator on PC by emulating directly the hardware (what I consider not feasible due to lack of hardware details), and now it is spread over dcemu !?

more at dcemu
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115612
;) :lol:

I'm tempted to yellow light PSP for hlide.... by my own rules I should... known dev declares intent...

But I'm afraid some kids will see my list, see PSP in yellow, and start trolling PSP boards about Pandora emulating PSP, even tho I put it in the "probably won't work well" category.

I wrote next to PSP that's it's being considered. And linked a source in the updates list. Should I yellow it?

Any opinions?

No, it would only fuel the fires of ignorant expectation. Plus hlide didn't seem to like the news being spread around so much? (I might have misread him)

Prophet said:
I wrote next to PSP that's it's being considered. And linked a source in the updates list. Should I yellow it?

Any opinions?
Even "being considered" is pushing it. I would leave it alone for now.

GunPei2X said:
No, it would only fuel the fires of ignorant expectation. Plus hlide didn't seem to like the news being spread around so much? (I might have misread him)
I agree with you. And yes, hlide did seem a bit... negatively surprised about it spreading.

So I'll leave it as is. If hlide ever does get PSP working on Pandora, we'll just let it be one of those amazing surprises. :)

Prophet said:
I'm tempted to yellow light PSP for hlide.... by my own rules I should... known dev declares intent...

But I'm afraid some kids will see my list, see PSP in yellow, and start trolling PSP boards about Pandora emulating PSP, even tho I put it in the "probably won't work well" category.

Any opinions?
Don't yellow it, I'm not in hurry to start this project. This post was speaking about a PSP emulator on PC and *MAYBE* on Pandora.

Hey, did I miss the Atari Lynx? I know it's one of the worst systems ever made, but anyone who says they aren't compelled to play those games is lying. Come on, it's like the MST3k of consoles. Besides, if the CD-i was mentioned, I think any system is fair game now.

Atari Lynx has been on the list since the beginning. In fact it's first entry in the 16bit section.

God, I don't know how I missed it, & I was really looking. Although, being on the list since the beginning confirms what I just said.

DosBox is interesting. Seeing as how a PC is so very vague, what games that will support is really up in the air.

Indrema said:
God, I don't know how I missed it, & I was really looking. Although, being on the list since the beginning confirms what I just said.

DosBox is interesting. Seeing as how a PC is so very vague, what games that will support is really up in the air.
I've searched and found a few titles that work on the PSP version of dos box, though obviously it doesn't mean all of these will work on the Pandora version, at first anyway.

Betrayal At Krondor
Duke nukem 2
Raptor
Spear of Destiny
Theme Hospital
Wolf3D
Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Gorilla.bas
Humans
Kings Quest V
Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2
Oregon Trail Deluxe
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia 2
Sam n Max
Settlers 2
Star Trek 25th
Street Rod 2

Though the full official website is here i wonder how much power is needed for GTA?! And no i don't want the shitty PS1 version! Edit: just checked the GTA link, looks as the it won't be able to run, so stuck with the shitty PS1 version then!

Here's the GP2X compat list

Back