Pandoras Weight

MDave said:
I read they were aiming for about 300 grams ... or was it 400 grams. Whatever the phat psp weighs.
i was thinking with the size of the screen it might be 1.25x the weight of the psp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shall I weigh it?

pandproto.JPG

:p

TaG said:
It's certainly 1.25x the wait.
i wouldn't know about that. i did not follow the psp till it got the much better translated version of final fantasy tactics and disgaea.

Megamixman said:
No no no.
Grams is mass people.
He asked for weight.
I'm predicting 30 ergs.... crap still not right
You can figure it yourself using this helpful formula:

Weight of Pandora = (Gravitational Constant)*(Mass of the celestial body you are standing on)*(Mass of the Open Pandora)/(Radius of the celestial body you are standing on)^2

Hope that helps!

Sphinxter said:
MarkoeZ said:
* Runs off to find something weighing 300 grams
Oh, and thanks for the info ;)

60 nickels roughly.

;)
yup, I have had the US nickel @ 5g for many, many transactions. Are the new nickels still 5 g, or has the world financial crisis lightened them up too?

Mjlink said:
;)
yup, I have had the US nickel @ 5g for many, many transactions. Are the new nickels still 5 g, or has the world financial crisis lightened them up too?
As far as I can determine, the nickel has always been 5 g of 25% nickel and 75% copper, ever since they were first introduced in 1866 (to replace the silver half-dime).

Tom` said:
Mjlink said:
;)
As far as I can determine, the nickel has always been 5 g of 25% nickel and 75% copper, ever since they were first introduced in 1866 (to replace the silver half-dime).

actually thats not the case most nickles are made from other metals or not printed at all durring wartime eras .. (i only know that cause im a stratagy buff and my best freinds a history major) thats why most wartime era us coins actualy oxidise and wear out thier generaly made from cheaper or less valuable metals and durring ww2, vietnam copper, nickle, silver, and zinc were in VERY high demand (as far as coin related metals)

mmalficia said:
actually thats not the case most nickles are made from other metals or not printed at all durring wartime eras .. (i only know that cause im a stratagy buff and my best freinds a history major) thats why most wartime era us coins actualy oxidise and wear out thier generaly made from cheaper or less valuable metals and durring ww2, vietnam copper, nickle, silver, and zinc were in VERY high demand (as far as coin related metals)
true, from 1942 to 1945 the nickel was 56% copper, 35% silver, and 9% manganese. It was still 5 g, though :p

Back