Parts, Boards and the Rotator

Every day I used my phone for about 50 minutes whilst walking, and during that time I go in out and out of shaded/sunny areas, and in that use case it can be somewhat useful. I don't imagine many people would have this same behaviour with their Pyra (in fact not many people even do it with their mobile!).

This is why I think that Google completely missed the mark on Glass. They tried to make it a stand-alone augmented reality device with camera, battery and CPU too. For people walking, all we really want/need is an inobtrusive head mounted display/headphones that clip to or are part of sunglass frames with wires down to the MHL or HDMI port on the phone or device.

IMHO Google Glass had a great display methodology - it was the rest of the device that got in the way that was a failure.

If someone made a monitor/display only clip-onto-glasses display wand that had a microHDMI for signal and a USB 2.0 for motion tracking mouse and power, but nothing else - I'd be in for that.

Missed that, I thaught he was being serious - i'm not really following the whole PGS thing.
Oh boy you have missed out on a great show. I haven't been entertained so well in a while.

IMHO Google Glass had a great display methodology - it was the rest of the device that got in the way that was a failure.
If someone made a monitor/display only clip-onto-glasses display wand that had a microHDMI for signal and a USB 2.0 for motion tracking mouse and power, but nothing else - I'd be in for that.
In the end I'd probably again just use it to play SNES games.

Last edited:
Yes, this is actually serious and I don't need one investor with 100K, it can also be a lot lower values.
Does it help you at all when people buy shop vouchers? I plan on doing this soonish if I can, but I definitely can't send thousands your way right now.
[doublepost=1469044799,1469044569][/doublepost]
Same here, and I know others that rolled there own wearable computers to have it fit their requirements. An affordable and decent quality HMD would help this area expand.

Has a camera in it, which equals glasshole, which equals failure.
Has built-in compute & OS rather than relying on an existing device in my pocket, fail.

This seems to be the closest thing to what you're looking for. It doesn't clip onto glasses though. https://www.avegant.com/

I'm familiar with Avegant's Glyph and have considered buying one - to go with my Pyra - which I don't have yet - so I may as well wait for the Glyph 2.0 - if there will be an updated Glyph. This one has me particularly interested because it has no camera, does not attempt to displace my existing technology - instead integrating to it. The resolution is the same as the Pyra at 720p native. It connects via microHDMI, has some motion-tracking to mouse type capabilities and isn't a 100% black out VR system. It hits all the right boxes for a nice large display for use when not walking not driving not doing. Since it leaves the over/under view open for the user to see out, it looks like a safer bet on a plane than something like the Rift - feel safer knowing that you can see around the thing a bit if someone is f*ing with or mocking your use of it. Dissadvantage? Geordi jokes. Not useful on the go.

I don't want augmented reality. I just want to have the current screen contents of my Pyra/Phone/whatever displayed unobtrusively in the upper corner of my visual field. Having audio too and mouse/HID control back to the device would be a bonus. Anything with a camera need not apply.

So - the display from google glass with the simplicity of the Avegant Glyph's connectivity in an ultra light (no CPU, no battery, wires to a device of choice using common connections, strikes me as an ideal solution. Should be a heck of a lot cheaper too.

Yes, this is actually serious and I don't need one investor with 100K, it can also be a lot lower values.
Ok, now I'm confused. Are you SERIOUS serious that you need 100k? Or are you still carrying on the joke? Because that's not the kind of thing to be left as a footnote. If such a major investor is pulling out that's big trouble.

Holy moly, doing audio editing with this plugged into the Pyra should be pretty awesome.
$ 699.00 is a bit steep though.

Much like the Pyra, you have to look past the price and see what it's actually doing - and the components involved.

It uses color LEDs and DLP type mirrors and some pretty precise optics to draw images on your retina. Those LEDs, mirrors and optics are not cheap.

It is self-contained in a unit that otherwise looks like a very chunky set of headphones - and can be used in that fashion as well.

Personally, I would rather that they do away with the on-board battery in these and just use a microUSB cable to a pocket-sized generic batery pack. It would save some on-nogin & nose weight.

Ok, now I'm confused. Are you SERIOUS serious that you need 100k? Or are you still carrying on the joke? Because that's not the kind of thing to be left as a footnote. If such a major investor is pulling out that's big trouble.
I am concerned as well, this is not good.

Much like the Pyra, you have to look past the price and see what it's actually doing - and the components involved.
It uses color LEDs and DLP type mirrors and some pretty precise optics to draw images on your retina. Those LEDs, mirrors and optics are not cheap.
It is self-contained in a unit that otherwise looks like a very chunky set of headphones - and can be used in that fashion as well.
I didn't mean that it's too expensive, it's just a lot of money. Good headphones alone cost several hundreds of dollars already, I hope the ones used there are really that good.
Personally, I would rather that they do away with the on-board battery in these and just use a microUSB cable to a pocket-sized generic batery pack. It would save some on-nogin & nose weight.
Indeed.

I figured since there was no indication of it being a joke, and it was in an official post (not on the first day of a particular month) he was serious. His later posts confirmed this.

@Grench, sounds like you want what I want.

I didn't mean that it's too expensive, it's just a lot of money. Good headphones alone cost several hundreds of dollars already, I hope the ones used there are really that good.
The specs say that these have 40mm drivers - so they should be pretty good if your audio source can handle it. Pandora should work.

I wish I knew someone who had one so I could try one on/out.

Does it help you at all when people buy shop vouchers? I plan on doing this soonish if I can, but I definitely can't send thousands your way right now.
That'd be a very differerent type of investment. For one, it's only extra money while your Pyra hasn't been made and you haven't bought it - then ED gives you a discount equal to the voucher value, so pays you back at that point effectively. Last time I heard the plan wasn't to pay back all investors until 3000 or so Pyra had been sold. Another difference is if you invest using his investment mechanism, I assume there's some interest you'll accrue, while a voucher doesn't even try to beat inflation.

Kickstarter for Win10 compatible module after PGS is over? ;)

pgs-on-a-stick-cpu-module, nooo please, i will stay risc/linux! ;)
... i ment to secure the pyra production runs for early next year.

Kickstarter for Win10 compatible module after PGS is over? ;)
Better : Kickstarter for a PowerPC module and the video should contain the sentence "Equipped with the same technology that powered the [insert popular apple product]."

Back