PCSX reARMed r8

Craigix said:
Has anyone managed to get Tempest2000 (Tempest X) to run? It dies for me just before the game starts.

Why not just update this list : PSX Rearmed compatibility list

As for Tempest2000 I get the same problem.
Works fine here. Make sure you have enabled BIOS in the menu and your dumps are good (compare against redump.org).

As for configs, I have no idea really, I mostly change the defaults between versions (like enabling frameskip when it became usable, that one does have effect on performance obviously). Maybe people enable those PCSX game specific hacks in the menus (which have negative effects on other games) and forget.

The older config still defines "RUNSPEED=slow". If you delete it it reverts to the default of "RUNSPEED=normal"

Revision 12 should set "RUNSPEED=fast".

Works fine here. Make sure you have enabled BIOS in the menu and your dumps are good (compare against redump.org).

Just tried Tempest X again with R8 and it works fine here too. :D Not sure which version I last tried it with. Will update the compatibility list.

Why not just update this list : PSX Rearmed compatibility list
Good question. Please answer us, why don't you update that list?

I don't do because i don't want to have another account next to 2 forums, two wikis and 2 filesites accounts. But thats another topic.

Good call, I'll update it for the games I play.

Not sure you understand what the list is. Anyone can edit it, you don't need an account. Seems a better way of showing compatibility than a forum thread.

The problem with that list is that people on other forums point to it and say 'look, the Pandora PSX emu is shit, it only runs this small number of games'.

It's bad publicity. GP32Spain are saying how the bloody Cannoo PSX emu runs more games and we know that isn't true.

It may well be better to just list games which don't work for that reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does PCSX-rearmed save saves states? In my appdata there is only stuff for the readme, bios, and a file Trolltech.conf. I don't want to loose any of my save states.

EDIT: Oh, duh, I didn't even think about invisible files, I found them, I'm going to back them before I update, I'm too far in Silver Star Story Complete to have those vanish!

The problem with that list is that people on other forums point to it and say 'look, the Pandora PSX emu is shit, it only runs this small number of games'.

It's bad publicity. GP32Spain are saying how the bloody Cannoo PSX emu runs more games and we know that isn't true.

It may well be better to just list games which don't work for that reason.

If that's the case, maybe we should nuke the list and start with that plan. Of course, we'd put this disclaimer at the beginning; "If a game is not listed, then it is safe to assume that it runs very well."

Yeah, lets just put the entire/complete PS library in there, hehe.

Over 2000

I actually think this is a good idea. Set every game as "not tested" in the beginning, and change to suitable status after it has been tested. This way the number of games does not seem small and we get an accurate list of tested games; working and non-working. I'd also recommend adding the tested emulator and version when changing the status. This would also give us some nice stats, like "48% of all PSX games tested" or "85% of tested games working".

Yeah, lets just put the entire/complete PS library in there, hehe.

Over 2000

I actually think this is a good idea. Set every game as "not tested" in the beginning, and change to suitable status after it has been tested. This way the number of games does not seem small and we get an accurate list of tested games; working and non-working. I'd also recommend adding the tested emulator and version when changing the status. This would also give us some nice stats, like "48% of all PSX games tested" or "85% of tested games working".

Agreed. Also, it makes it easy to find small ways to contribute. I can't code emulators and usually have quite little continuous time to do stuff (also known as "children"), but a long list where you can easily see "Ah, those two games are not tested - I'll go rip them now and give them a quick play on the train tomorrow" would be a good help in finding something meaningful to contribute with.

I considered making a website for this sole reason

Would have a page for each system then that possibly split down into emulators where more than one is available,

then having searchable,sortable rows with each game, it would allow tracking of compatibility through different versions and such.

The old list seemed to do the job (for notaz purposes at least, which was largely the point) and being public was great for anyone to add to it without an account. Problem was being public, it just took 1 person to wipe it out., maliciously or otherwise. This will remain the case if its consciously maintained again in that manner.

The N64 list was locked off after awhile, or edited purely by its maker from entries to the thread, or by request and thats still in good shape if not updated much, as Mupen went into stand still, but I believe jonjandran was mercilessly working his way through the titles. Mupen doesn't have great compatibility but N64 was only a pipedream at one point anyway.

The PSX compatibility of PCSXReARMed is to my mind bloody amazing. I've at least 80 games here that work perfectly or damn close. What more do people want? Most of the big titles are fully playable, the rest of the PSX collection is GenericSportsTitle X of XXXX year/month which littered the bargain buckets of game shops as EA and others churned out the near monthly cash cow to the sport fans, or Barbies Investigative Adventures of Mary King Riding a Horsetail Butt Plug! Who the smeg wants most of those anyway. A quick check of old thread also shows notaz got Tron Bonne working which to Prometheus' mind is a god like achievement as no other emu runs it all apparently.

I think a new list is probably a better idea and if Craigix wants it done so its unclear until a title has been tested and added, then fair enough. I thought it pretty good advertising personally as a ton of stuff appeared to work and many of the 'playable' titles are more like 'works well' but because of the criteria, fell into that bracket.

Regardless of other peoples opinions that their emu is better, perhaps PSP has better compatibility (I'm not sure), no other system has a good enough control set to make it worth arguing about, as they all play better on Pandora anyway. So there :p

I just bought Metal Gear Solid (German PAL version) and started to play it on PSX reARMed :) .

It's running great but an area of 4 pixels that belongs to the right side of the screen is visible on the left side.

I searched the options but was not able to correct this - maybe someone else experienced (and solved?) this...

screenshot_metal_gear_solid.png

I just bought Metal Gear Solid and started to play it on PSX reARMed :) .

It's running great but an area of 4 pixels that belongs to the right side of the screen is visible on the left side.

Einhander seems to have the same issue, not sure what he connection is, perhaps some obscure video mode.

Tried US & NTSC-J version, with appropriate BIOS.

Back