Pcsx Rearmed

This emulator is fantastic all the games I have thrown at it work and sometimes better than pcsx4all like Olypic Soccer works great and feels really nice to play @ 600Mhz, Cyber Tiger Golf plays great to :)

BTW wipeout 2097 runs excellent :p

Thanks again Notaz for your work on this, cant wait for next release this is truly awsome :)

numidark said:
I just a question, where the file for memcard ? It is possible to use a memcard of PCSX (PC) ?
It's in .pcsx/memcards folder, some systems may show it as hidden. And yeah it should be compatible.

kayuz said:
for tv out i will informed, about tech specs what you spell for?
Basically how registers have to be programmed for it to work. Does it work on pcsx4all?

ruffnutts said:
I would like to see .cbin support compressed iso or bin just like th psp EBOOTS from 1-9 compession :)
uhm, yet another psx related compression format, there are so many of them..

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz said:
numidark said:
I just a question, where the file for memcard ? It is possible to use a memcard of PCSX (PC) ?
It's in .pcsx/memcards folder, some systems may show it as hidden. And yeah it should be compatible.

kayuz said:
for tv out i will informed, about tech specs what you spell for?
Basically how registers have to be programmed for it to work. Does it work on pcsx4all?

ruffnutts said:
I would like to see .cbin support compressed iso or bin just like th psp EBOOTS from 1-9 compession :)
uhm, yet another psx related compression format, there are so many of them..

Yeah its a simple one using cbin.exe cammand line tool - think there`s a gui version to... psx4all on the dingoo supports it :)

BTW TV-OUT does work on Pcsx4all, thats how I do my videos using a capture card :)

What I`ve done is got the pcsx rearmed wiki compatability list for the pandora to get an idea what might work on the caanoo :)

Hi,

I tried out driver2, but wasn't getting as good a framerate as you... would you be able to post what your settings were? (which gpu plugin, audio settings, did you change the setting for the psx clock?)

Are you using different settings for each game, or just a single global setting?

Thanks!

KIRA_NIX said:
New video :
Gran turismo 2, spyro 2, vigilante 8, crash bash, ...

Okay, I just discovered something.

I've been tinkering a lot with the different settings to see if I could get better performance with certain roms, and I think I messed up a setting in the process.
I thought I'd manually restored all the settings, but I was still getting poor frame rates and couldn't figure out why.

I did a clean re-install thought, and it fixed things for me (I only realized after I did the re-install that there is a "restore default settings" option, so maybe that would have fixed things as well.)

Anyways, my point is, if you're tinkering like I've been doing and you find the performance has possibly gotten worse, try resetting the settings (or re-installing).

Great job on the emulator... now I can play Hydro Thunder! (wouldn't even boot on the other psx emulators).

KIRA_NIX said:
I use driver 2 PAL version ripped from snesorama, with HLE at 768MHz.

Ok, resolution question:

Why does the video sometimes seem way too wide for the Caanoo? Wasn't the resolution of the psx 320x240?

Thanks for this great piece of software, most games I've tested run better than on pcsx4all.
But I'm having some problems with Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 2 Leon Disc. The games run at good speed but both hang up after a few minutes.
RE1: Keeps looping a cutscene when you checked the mansion at the beginning of the game.
RE2: Just stops during a cutscene when you enter the weaponshop and the owner is aiming with a shotgun at you.

The ISOs are ok. Someone else with this problem?

Cheers,
ghead

Great idea, I'll have to check that out!

ruffnutts said:
What I`ve done is got the pcsx rearmed wiki compatability list for the pandora to get an idea what might work on the caanoo :)

stpat said:
Ok, resolution question:

Why does the video sometimes seem way too wide for the Caanoo? Wasn't the resolution of the psx 320x240?

I think the stretched screens run at a higher resolution and since notaz has not put a scaler in this version you get a stretched screen BUT adding a Scaler will probly slow things down..

ghead2k said:
Thanks for this great piece of software, most games I've tested run better than on pcsx4all.
But I'm having some problems with Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 2 Leon Disc. The games run at good speed but both hang up after a few minutes.
RE1: Keeps looping a cutscene when you checked the mansion at the beginning of the game.
RE2: Just stops during a cutscene when you enter the weaponshop and the owner is aiming with a shotgun at you.

Cheers,
ghead

Well I have to say Resident evil one works great for me no problems at all, as for 2 have not tried yet,
My rezzie is a .bin image so must be your iso dude....

BTW for those wondering about Tomb Raider, I`m using Tomb Raider greatest hits and it works fine @ 750Mhz frame skip 1 :)

ruffnutts

stpat said:
The PSX supports multiple resolutions from 256x240 to whopping 640x512.

ghead2k said:
Do you use the real BIOS? If so, what versions of the game did you try (PAL/NTSC)?

If you look at the pandora compatibility list, they make note that the file format does make a difference - definitely supports your theory.

Any value to starting our own compatibility list now that we have a playable emulator?

ruffnutts said:
ghead2k said:

Cheers,
ghead

Well I have to say Resident evil one works great for me no problems at all, as for 2 have not tried yet,
My rezzie is a .bin image so must be your iso dude....

BTW for those wondering about Tomb Raider, I`m using Tomb Raider greatest hits and it works fine @ 750Mhz frame skip 1 :)

ruffnutts

Anyone have problems with diagonal movement - is the deadzones ok on the emulator? seems like I cant go up left up right ect very well???

Ah, I didn't realize that. Thanks.

notaz said:
The PSX supports multiple resolutions from 256x240 to whopping 640x512.

ruffnutts said:
Anyone have problems with diagonal movement - is the deadzones ok on the emulator? seems like I cant go up left up right ect very well???
I think the best option for the analog deadzone was around 50 or something. It should do the trick with pretty much everything.

Back