Pcsx Rearmed

Can somebody explain what exactly the over/under-clocking of the psx cpu does?

By default, it's 50... lower values improve performance?

ruffnutts said:
Tony Hawks Pro Skater PAL

Settings
Clock to 750Mhz
Auto frameskip
Disable XA Decoding On
psx cpu 30 %

Works very nice - in game there`s sound but no music with these settings :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out that setting frameskip to off fixes tempest and mr driller but makes them too slow. Setting it to frameskip 1 makes the picture disappear completely no matter if I user HLE or BIOS.

The ability to bind button combos would be useful, both for the L2/R2, as well as for savestates. The original pandora build probably didn't need that function since there are plenty of keys to bind on their own.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't figured out how to access the BIOS memory card manager yet, if you set it to use a BIOS under Options/[BIOS/plugins], then a 'Run BIOS' entry will appear in the Extra Stuff section. It's a high-res screen though so it'll be hard to see for now. One of the games I keep loaded on my card has a good saves manager built in, but I don't recall how common that was.

stpat said:

ruffnutts said:
Tony Hawks Pro Skater PAL

Settings
Clock to 750Mhz
Auto frameskip
Disable XA Decoding On
psx cpu 30 %

Works very nice - in game there`s sound but no music with these settings :)

Well I set it to 30% not sure wheather it made a differece - it does on pcsx4all though :)

qbertaddict said:
I found out that setting frameskip to off fixes tempest and mr driller but makes them too slow. Setting it to frameskip 1 makes the picture disappear completely no matter if I user HLE or BIOS.

Ok I`m using a ntsc version and overclock to 750Mhz no other settings - The game play aint slow but the music speeds up and slows down I noticed.

My version of Wipeout 2097 hangs at the loading screen... tried both HLE and BIOS... think I need to try a different image. Is yours PAL or NTSC?

ruffnutts said:
This emulator is fantastic all the games I have thrown at it work and sometimes better than pcsx4all like Olypic Soccer works great and feels really nice to play @ 600Mhz, Cyber Tiger Golf plays great to :)

BTW wipeout 2097 runs excellent :p

Thanks again Notaz for your work on this, cant wait for next release this is truly awsome :)

stpat said:

I have the same question.

Parasite Eve runs well EXCEPT for some pretty frequent occurrences where all sprites disappear, including your character.

stpat said:
My version of Wipeout 2097 hangs at the loading screen... tried both HLE and BIOS... think I need to try a different image. Is yours PAL or NTSC?

ruffnutts said:
This emulator is fantastic all the games I have thrown at it work and sometimes better than pcsx4all like Olypic Soccer works great and feels really nice to play @ 600Mhz, Cyber Tiger Golf plays great to :)

Thanks again Notaz for your work on this, cant wait for next release this is truly awsome :)

Well mine is a PAL .bin image and its also a rip - the music was ripped out of it lol, running at 750Mhz and auto frameskip :)

Not sure what mine is, but it's definitely not working.... I'll have to find a different version.

ruffnutts said:
stpat said:

ruffnutts said:

Well mine is a PAL .bin image and its also a rip - the music was ripped out of it lol, running at 750Mhz and auto frameskip :)

ruffnutts said:
EDIT ok found a fault - the cut scene in the main lobby gets stuck on a loop lol,
When does that happen? I remember going up to the first zombie with Jill and everything was fine, but that was with some build between r9 and r10, not final one.

ruffnutts said:
Yeah then to 24, I need to study deadzones more, what to you recommend?
I was hitting diagonals accidentally and that annoyed me too much, so made default 70, I guess I'll lower the default to 50 or something for next release.

ruffnutts said:
Anyone got a banner for this or title bar even :)
Yeah I would include that with next release.

mrkingoo said:
Speaking of controls. Is there a way to bind R2 and L2 buttons to button combs like [II]+L [II]+R?
Not yet, I can merge some code from PicoDrive for that I guess.

@ Notaz it happends after that when you go back to the lobby looking for wesker with barry :)
Not sure if this applies to directors cut though...

Thanks for this Notaz the emulator rocks!

BTW Would be nice to have a battery meter on display when playing lol

ruffnutts

KIRA_NIX said:
Notaz, the TV-OUT doesn't work, if you can correct-it, please
Try this (extract in existing pcsx_rearmed folder)
http://notaz.gp2x.de/tmp/rearmed_tv_test.zip
and tell me if it works. It's the same r10 with some TV hacks.

EDIT: forgot to mention that you have to enable TV-out with something else before running rearmed.

I agree about a battery meter. I wish all emulators had it.

Still this emulator is incredible!

If I can get photoshop running on this PC I'll try to whip up a titlebar.

ruffnutts said:
@ Notaz

I used the TV-OUT App but no go just loads of colours
You mean the games are shown but with wrong colors or just a static screen?

notaz said:
Try this (extract in existing pcsx_rearmed folder)
and tell me if it works. It's the same r10 with some TV hacks.

It's displaying rapidly scrolling bands, but not the sort you'd see on a display with the wrong refresh rate. It's just noise and scrambled signals coming out.
This is at 531MHz (closest to stock I could get)

Before this test fix, the last r10 could display a solid picture through gmenu2X (Like Picodrive), but the in-game colors were just a bit messed up unless the Rearmed menu was brought up(displaying perfect cached snapshot in the background from some surface/buffer or wherever it gets them from.

This is how it appeared in the pre-fix r10 release, followed by how the scene should appear.

testxf.png

The same distortions were found in the built-in screenshot feature, obviously. This may help you track it down, rather than coding blind. Launching from Gmenu2X is the usual method of bypassing most TV-out problems with applications, so that may be a good compromise.

ok I've messed up one register, try again:

if it doesn't work, please try to explain what happens:
- frozen/animating image?
- good/bad colors?
- more details?

Back