Pcsx Rearmed

notaz said:
stpat said:
Why does the video sometimes seem way too wide for the Caanoo? Wasn't the resolution of the psx 320x240?
The PSX supports multiple resolutions from 256x240 to whopping 640x512.

ghead2k said:
RE1: Keeps looping a cutscene when you checked the mansion at the beginning of the game.
RE2: Just stops during a cutscene when you enter the weaponshop and the owner is aiming with a shotgun at you.
Do you use the real BIOS? If so, what versions of the game did you try (PAL/NTSC)?

I tried with and without bios file and its the PAL version.

@ruffnuts: How long/far have you played RE?

Cheers,
ghead

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone test tempest x3 or mr driller. They both load and play but the graphics flash uncontrollably. I want to make sure it is not my images.

Has anyone been able to get Metal Gear Solid to work? It seems to load the game as I get no error messages but a black screen pops up and nothing ever happens. The file I have is an img file.

Edit: Nevermind, changed the BIOS and now it works. Still sluggish understandably, but a lot faster than other emulators.

qbertaddict said:
Can someone test tempest x3 or mr driller. They both load and play but the graphics flash uncontrollably. I want to make sure it is not my images.

We I played Tempest X3 and it works fine for me maybe just a little better than pcsx4all,
I think its .bin/cue files I`m @ work so check for you when I get home

@ghead2k I`m using pal no bios and I`ve only played up an till where you get the first floor map
In the statue :)

ruffnutts

ruffnutts said:
qbertaddict said:

We I played Tempest X3 and it works fine for me maybe just a little better than pcsx4all,
I think its .bin/cue files I`m @ work so check for you when I get home

@ghead2k I`m using pal no bios and I`ve only played up an till where you get the first floor map
In the statue :)

ruffnutts
@ruffnuts: I suppose that you played as Chris, there you dont have this cutscene. I started as Jill, and was not able to get through the mansion. I tried another image too, but no success.

Cheers,
ghead

Well I just tested it as gill and it works flawless ghead2k - frameskip off and 750Mhz if that helps

ruffnutts :)

EDIT ok found a fault - the cut scene in the main lobby gets stuck on a loop lol,
So wanted to play this game - but having said that I can carry on playing as chris till I come across a fault
With it a......

BTW this was narmal Resident Evil Not Directos Cut.. maybe try that...hmmm

Rayman works really nice clocked to 600.

Motor Toon Grand Prix works nice clocked to 720 and FS1 :D

Many thanks to notaz to include Caanoo in his development efforts on PSX ReARMed

Wow Moto Toon On pandora compatabilty list says it dont work all but thats r1 so thats cool - like that game :)

Soon as TV OUT is available I will start some video`s with my capture card ;-)

I'm also finding that diagonal movement is difficult. I tried out MK4 last night, and found it difficult to do sideways jumps through the air (as you said, up+left, up+right etc...)

Haven't noticed this with other emulators though, so I agree, I think it's the way the emulator deadzones are set up.

ruffnutts said:
Anyone have problems with diagonal movement - is the deadzones ok on the emulator? seems like I cant go up left up right ect very well???

Yeah that was the game I had trouble with - I notice in the controls option on the emu there`s a deadzone option that is set to 70 my default,
Maybe mess with that to see what happends :p

EDIT: I set it to 8 on MK4 and now I can jump forward and backward ect...

Didn't realize the deadzones were configurable... awesome! Thanks for the head's up!

ruffnutts said:
Yeah that was the game I had trouble with - I notice in the controls option on the emu there`s a deadzone option that is set to 70 my default,

You went from 70 to 8?

ruffnutts said:

EDIT: I set it to 8 on MK4 and now I can jump forward and backward ect...

Actually, I don't know much about them... my assumption would be that it's a range from 0-100 and that a value would 70 would mean that the joystick doesn't register until you've exceeded the first 70% of the way between the centre and any direction.... that would definitely explain why we were having trouble with diagonals. The higher the value, the harder it would be to find a position on the diagonal that would exceed 70% in both directions at the same time.

8 seems pretty low, but 24 sounds good.

I would think if it's too low, you might accidentally go on an angle when you don't want to (ie: with a setting of 8, if you slightly pushed it to the left or right while going up or down, you might end up with a diagonal rather than just up or down.)

Of course, this is all dependent on my assumption being correct. ;)

ruffnutts said:
Yeah then to 24, I need to study deadzones more, what to you recommend?

Speaking of controls. Is there a way to bind R2 and L2 buttons to button combs like [II]+L [II]+R?

Tony Hawks Pro Skater PAL

Settings
Clock to 750Mhz
Auto frameskip
Disable XA Decoding On
psx cpu 30 %

Works very nice - in game there`s sound but no music with these settings :)

Back