Pcsx Rearmed

notaz said:
ok I've messed up one register, try again:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/tmp/rearmed_tv_test.zip

if it doesn't work, please try to explain what happens:
- frozen/animating image?
- good/bad colors?
- more details?

Image stable, colors perfect, looks awesome. Thanks for working on this feature so quickly.

(Without the need for Gmenu2X)

Edit: Spoke too soon. Something isn't getting reset when closing the application, it shows a double-image interlaced image with distorted colors on the TV-out in the Caanoo menu after exiting PCSX-Rearmed. Similar to how Picodrive looks on TV-out without Gmenu2X. If you can navigate back to the TV-out application, you can fix it without rebooting by re-selecting a video mode. Launching from Gmenu2X does not have this problem on exit.

(Picodrive for refrence)
2tvout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TV - OUT Works very well apart from exiting notaz has done it again lol time for some pcsx rearmed videos thanks Notaz :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3QqecnDEcc[/youtube]

Woop

Here Is Pandemonium enjoy!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVdauOtBYtc[/youtube]

ruffnutts B)

EDIT: Just realised if you set frameskip to auto it runs smoother and deadzones to 50

Anyone got any Crash game to work in fullspeed? Crash Bandicoot, Crash Cortex Strikes Back, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash CTR, Crash Bash.... nobody works in fullspeed. Can you tell me the correct settings?

ruffnutts, thank you for videos, it realy helps waiting for the caanoo. Maybe we can a google doc for settings for games, like the one for pscx for all 2.2

And thank you notaz for the great work :)

DJRoby4 said:
Anyone got any Crash game to work in fullspeed? Crash Bandicoot, Crash Cortex Strikes Back, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash CTR, Crash Bash.... nobody works in fullspeed. Can you tell me the correct settings?

Right My crash Bandicoot PAL settings are

CPU 750Mhz
Frameskip 1
Disable XA Decoding ON
Disable CD Audio ON

Runs very nice and still have sound B)

ruffnutts said:
DJRoby4 said:

Right My crash Bandicoot PAL settings are

CPU 750Mhz
Frameskip 1
Disable XA Decoding ON
Disable CD Audio ON

Runs very nice and still have sound B)
Ok, works pretty nice but we are a lot far to run it in fullspeed. Can you send me a download link to te Pal version? Can you make a short video with the settings you used? (or you write it, but they are a lot O.O) Thanks!

So here's a question... pal or ntsc isos?

Is there a benefit to one over the other? PAL is 50 frames per second, while NTSC is 60... would we be better off going with PAL as the maximum refresh rate is lower and therefore would be easier to achieve?

Any difference? Thoughts?

Thanks again for a fantastic emulator.

Here's a quick dirty list I made fo games I've tested. Not tried or tweaked extensively mostly just started the game at default settings 600-650MHz to see how they run + some problems I noticed. So dont take this list as definitive or anything

Very good is close to full speed. Good is roughly 2/3 to 3/4 speed but definitely playable. Average means roughly 1/3 to 1/2 speed sometimes playable sometimes not. BIOS means BIOS enabled in bios setting

Darkstone (bin) - Very good speed 600MHz
Gran Turismo (img NTSC-U) - Good speed 750MHz
Hot Shots Golf 2 (img NTSC-U)- Full speed 600MHz. BIOS might be needed for save memcard to work (like in pcsx4all)
MDK (bin PAL) - Full speed it seems. 650MHz No sign of gfx glitches/artifacts present in pcsx4all
NFS3 (bin) - Good speed - BIOS 750MHz
Ridge Racer Type 4 (bin) - Good speed.
Rage Racer (img) - Good speed. Bad Gfx glitches in menus.
Metal Gear Solid (bin) - Very good to good speed. BIOS. 650MHz
Legacy of Kain Blood Omen (bin NTSC-U) - Very good speed 650MHz + no sign of the bug present in pcsx4all where sound effects would start to loop and freeze the game for long times.
Crash Team Racing (bin NTSC-U)- Average speed. BIOS 650MHz
Alien (bin) - Good speed. 650MHz
Sentient (bin NTSC) - Good speed. 600MHz
Syphon Filter (img NTSC) - Average speed. 600MHz
Test Drive 4 (img NTSC)- Good to Average speed
Test Drive 6 (img NTSC)- Good to Average speed
Rollcage - Very good speed 750MHz
Driver 2 (bin NTSC) - Good speed.
NHL 2000 (bin NTSC)- Average speed - menus too wide.
Theme Park (bin PAL)- Good speed but text too small to read so I never managed to test ingame play
Theme Park World (img)- Slow .
Theme Hospital (bin NTSC-U) - Very good speed. BIOS. But takes very long to load the game. Almost seem to freeze. Menus too wide.
Hog of War (img PAL)- good speed - image too wide both in game menus and ingame
Fear effect (bin NTSC-U) - Very good speed.
Parasite Eve (img NTSC-U)- Very Good. Player and NPC characters disappear at times
Silent Hill (bin) - Good speed. But white box around player character (like in pcsx4all and psx4all for Dingux IIRC)
Winning Eleven 2002 (2010 patch) (bin) - Very good. Image too wide both ingame and menus.
Blast Chamber (img NTSC-U) : Very good speed. Menus too wide.
Alone in the dark 4 (img PAL): Very good speed. Cutscenes ingame doesnt seem to display. Image freezes and you only hear sound. After cutscene game continues like normal
Vagrant story (bin) - Good speed.
Pitfall 3D Beyond the Jungle (img NTSC) - Good speed.

edit: Winning Eleven 2002 I think is same as Pro Evolution soccer 2. WE2002 is probably the japanese version and the 2010 patch as well. Some of the text is in Japanese and so is the commentator ( he can be turned off)

mrkingoo said:
Legacy of Kain Blood Omen (bin NTSC-U) - Very good speed 650MHz + no sign of the bug present in pcsx4all where sound effects would start to loop and freeze the game for long times.

Been playing this. There is a bug where the stats screen on the right side will become graphically corrupted. Reloading the game usually fixes it though. You'll also have to remap some controls in order to use items. Plays great though.

Amon, FF7 seems to run perfectly.

For anyone trying to get a speed boost for certain games, make sure you play with disabling XA and CD audio... seems to make a big difference sometimes.

By the way, Spiderman 1 and 2 both work great! (but you have to do some key-binding, as web slinging is assigned to R2 by default)

Back