Pcsx Rearmed

@stpat very nice list man.... pitfall 3D would not work for me an till I switched the gpu plugin to the built in gpu,
So thats another setting to try when games dont work, think I will try jackie chan stunt master again lol and clock tower :)

Hmmm.... pitfall 3D worked for me with the default gpu plugin (non-built-in). The only thing I've been tinkering with is switching between HLE and BIOS.

ruffnutts said:
@stpat very nice list man.... pitfall 3D would not work for me an till I switched the gpu plugin to the built in gpu,
So thats another setting to try when games dont work, think I will try jackie chan stunt master again lol and clock tower :)

Last edited by a moderator:
stpat said:
Hmmm.... pitfall 3D worked for me with the default gpu plugin (non-built-in). The only thing I've been tinkering with is switching between HLE and BIOS.

ruffnutts said:

Maybe its my image who knows - if you have Jackie Chan Stunt Master see if you can get it going - might be my image as well :(

All this time I`ve been trying to play Star Wars Dark Forces with no luck due to the gfx - well I just found the fix for it built in to the Emulator under configure gpu_peops plugin 8th option down, I also had to have built in gpu selected aswell works fantastic,

BTW - there`s also a fix for pandemonium 2 in the same place 6th option down :p

I love this emulator lol ruffnutts

Thanks for the head's up, I didn't even realize these fixes existed!

ruffnutts said:
All this time I`ve been trying to play Star Wars Dark Forces with no luck due to the gfx - well I just found the fix for it built in to the Emulator under configure gpu_peops plugin 8th option down, I also had to have built in gpu selected aswell works fantastic,

BTW - there`s also a fix for pandemonium 2 in the same place 6th option down :p

I love this emulator lol ruffnutts

zear_ said:
This is really wonderful. I've tried a couple of roms and that are the results:
* GTA - very playable
* GTA II (bios) - very playable
* San Francisco Rush - very playable
* Lomax - very playable
* Destruction Derby 2 - playable

(Edit: Looks like blues2 got this idea before, but here's my expansion of his concept)

As for the L2/R2 issue. Couldn't this be solved by using a touchscreen? Make an area of the screen that works as L2 and the other that works as R2. Simultaneous pressing of these two buttons could also be achieved, since in a single touch screen if one presses two areas of the screen at the same time, the touch point will be detected in the middle between these two areas.

Here's the visualization of my concept:
psx_concept.png

Picture A ) shows the layout that would be better for operating exclusively using the right hand thumb, while picture B ) shows a layout that can be operated using both hands thumbs.

i was thinking of something as simple as splitting the screen into 4 equal quadrants and because the screen is so big anyone can press a corner area of the screen with having to know where the boarders are.

or if you also want to utilize the center of the screen with intuitive access as a button, the screen can be split into 5 sections by creating a diamond within the rectangular screen with 4 equal right triangles triangles being corner buttons.

There is some very minimal chance to see this emulator for Dingoo a320? Tomorrow is my birthday and if this emulator will appear on Dingoo would be a very good gift

hopefully someday I can be ... :rolleyes: anyway thanks for your hard work, you and all who make emulators make millions happy

I love the Dingoo too but I think its just too slow to properly emulate a psx.. the dingoo runs around 430 mhz max and the Caanoo barely runs the emulator
at 600mhz..

Cory said:
There is some very minimal chance to see this emulator for Dingoo a320? Tomorrow is my birthday and if this emulator will appear on Dingoo would be a very good gift

hopefully someday I can be ... :rolleyes: anyway thanks for your hard work, you and all who make emulators make millions happy

Just downloading Jackie Chan right now, I'll let you know how it goes...

ruffnutts said:
stpat said:

ruffnutts said:

Maybe its my image who knows - if you have Jackie Chan Stunt Master see if you can get it going - might be my image as well :(

blues2 said:
is there anyway to run the bios to manage memory cards?

someoneElse said:
Oh, and if anyone hasn't figured out how to access the BIOS memory card manager yet, if you set it to use a BIOS under Options/[BIOS/plugins], then a 'Run BIOS' entry will appear in the Extra Stuff section. It's a high-res screen though so it'll be hard to see for now. One of the games I keep loaded on my card has a good saves manager built in, but I don't recall how common that was.

I'm not sure if it works though, since most of the memory manager is offscreen and it doesn't seem to be saving to the card files. In fact I've had a few games that don't save properly that did in PCSX4ALL. Well, they seem to save, but won't recognize them as valid saves trying to load. Either they're getting corrupted on write, or those games and BIOS memory manager are reading them differently than the others, exposing a bug somewhere.

I'll try and gather some problem saves and pop them over to PCSX4ALL tomorrow, see if they're still intact.

Edit: Rechecked and the bios memory manager worked fine this time, and was mistaken about one of the problem games saving in PCSX4ALL.

stpat said:

ruffnutts said:
stpat said:

ruffnutts said:

Well I got a better image of Pitfall 3D and it worked better this time fully playable, and it was english so I can read it lol,
It has the right amount of buttons to play it correctly which is great :)

I managed to get another Jackie Chan image but still no go O`well Give up the ghost on that one....

darklight1138 said:
psx4.png

Here's a quick title bar. I just got PS installed so I will work on a better one.
I guess I will use that one for next version if you don't mind, but without PS logo as Sony gets upset pretty quickly if you use their logos.

ruffnutts said:
3) This is for Notaz, what are we likely to see in the next releases, maybe tv out fix on exit,
Small performance increase for some games, scaling for hi-res games, touchscreen buttons, maybe .cbin support, some fixes.

ruffnutts said:
4) Last but not lease, would it be possible to use a .swap file to give extra ram to load games like FBA on the dingoo does
To load games like dodonpachi, some games may need more memory to load - some games go blank once you try to play or even throw you back to the caanoo menu?
Not needed, rearmed doesn't need any extra RAM.

blues2 said:
i was thinking of something as simple as splitting the screen into 4 equal quadrants and because the screen is so big anyone can press a corner area of the screen with having to know where the boarders are.
I'll probably use that since it's easiest to implement.

Cory said:
There is some very minimal chance to see this emulator for Dingoo a320?
Nope, as the name says it's optimized for ARM. It's not impossible of course, but would need lots or work and I have no plans for that.

Sorry if this sounds intrusive but, do you have plans to port it to wiz? it would be awesome :rolleyes:

I tried Jackie Chan, and no dice... same results as you. :(

ruffnutts said:
stpat said:

ruffnutts said:
stpat said:

ruffnutts said:

Well I got a better image of Pitfall 3D and it worked better this time fully playable, and it was english so I can read it lol,
It has the right amount of buttons to play it correctly which is great :)

I managed to get another Jackie Chan image but still no go O`well Give up the ghost on that one....

Sounds great, can't wait. Thanks Notaz!

notaz said:
Small performance increase for some games, scaling for hi-res games, touchscreen buttons, maybe .cbin support, some fixes.

Thanks for your answer to this question... it would be awsome for all of that to be input into PCSX ReARMed even though its already awsome :)

Not needed, rearmed doesn't need any extra RAM.

Ok just thought it might help in some way, thanks again :)

@stpat thanks for trying at least we know now :(

ruffnutts

Is Jackie Chan a good game? I've never seen/played it. (not entirely true, I've now seen the developer splash screen and heard some of the sound effects. ;)

@stpat thanks for trying at least we know now :(

ruffnutts

Back