Pcsx Rearmed

Any idea what corrupted it?

ruffnutts said:
Gutted I had to reformat my card with all the psx games as it became corrupt - need to redo it now:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah I just tried to load the emulator and it was stuck on loading, I got fed up in the end and just formatted it and started again lol.. O`well

I still dont have a title bar for this anyone got one?

I'll have to give it a whirl.

I tried Dino Crisis 2, but there were some graphical glitches (blinking characters).

ruffnutts said:
BTW - Alone in the dark the new nightmare works realy great if you like your survival horrors :)

psx4.png

Here's a quick title bar. I just got PS installed so I will work on a better one.

very nice emulator! how about adding the touchscreen as a bindable button, that would cover all the number of buttons the playstaion uses.

Few questions to all :)

1) Is it True that the speed of the SDHC card makes a difference to performance?

2) Who gets fuzzy colours on loading up the emulator?

3) This is for Notaz, what are we likely to see in the next releases, maybe tv out fix on exit,
Fit to screen option - L2 and R2 button binding or can that be done already, is there still alot that can be done?

4) Last but not lease, would it be possible to use a .swap file to give extra ram to load games like FBA on the dingoo does
To load games like dodonpachi, some games may need more memory to load - some games go blank once you try to play or even throw you back to the caanoo menu?

Hope these are not silly questions...

Thanks for your time :p
ruffnutts...

I would imagine the SD card speed would make a difference in terms of loading times, but I wouldn't suspect it would impact in-game performance, unless stuff is streaming...

I get fuzzy colours on loading too.

Button binding can be done already, it's in the controls menu.

ruffnutts said:
Few questions to all :)

1) Is it True that the speed of the SDHC card makes a difference to performance?

2) Who gets fuzzy colours on loading up the emulator?

3) This is for Notaz, what are we likely to see in the next releases, maybe tv out fix on exit,
Fit to screen option - L2 and R2 button binding or can that be done already, is there still alot that can be done?

4) Last but not lease, would it be possible to use a .swap file to give extra ram to load games like FBA on the dingoo does
To load games like dodonpachi, some games may need more memory to load - some games go blank once you try to play or even throw you back to the caanoo menu?

Hope these are not silly questions...

Thanks for your time :p
ruffnutts...

Cheers I use a 16gb class 10 anyway, ok fuzzy colours for everyone cool, so I just need to set L2 and R2 up any recommendations for that?

I'm actually wondering the same thing about button mapping. I tried playing Spiderman, and discovered I couldn't get him to sling a web and swing because R2 was unmapped. I tried mapping it to "II" (select) and also to the analog-stick button, but I found "select" a little awkward to use, and the stick-click unreliable (it was probably just me, but I was having a hard time navigating with the stick and clicking it at the same time - kept falling to my death.)

So, I ended up mapping R2 to the right shoulder button and it seemed ok... not sure what I gave up by unmapping R1.

That being said, you can map multiple things to the same button (when I mapped R2, it didn't un-map R1). Not sure whether that actually works and what the side-effect would be... theoretically it would differ depending on the game...

ruffnutts said:
Cheers I use a 16gb class 10 anyway, ok fuzzy colours for everyone cool, so I just need to set L2 and R2 up any recommendations for that?

This is really wonderful. I've tried a couple of roms and that are the results:
* GTA - very playable
* GTA II (bios) - very playable
* San Francisco Rush - very playable
* Lomax - very playable
* Destruction Derby 2 - playable

(Edit: Looks like blues2 got this idea before, but here's my expansion of his concept)

As for the L2/R2 issue. Couldn't this be solved by using a touchscreen? Make an area of the screen that works as L2 and the other that works as R2. Simultaneous pressing of these two buttons could also be achieved, since in a single touch screen if one presses two areas of the screen at the same time, the touch point will be detected in the middle between these two areas.

Here's the visualization of my concept:
psx_concept.png

Picture A ) shows the layout that would be better for operating exclusively using the right hand thumb, while picture B ) shows a layout that can be operated using both hands thumbs.

@zear yeah maybe the touchscreen is the way to go with this even if its just both top corners for L2/R2...Hmmm interesting,
psx4all on andriod has this I do believe :p

Its a shame that Jackie Chan Stunt master dont work - it loads but its stuck on the publisher screen and you can hear the game playing And stuff in the background thats with HLE and Bios :(

BTW Megaman Legends runs great all though you need R2 to lock on, nice and smooth with frameskip 1 and bios ;-)

stpat said:

I tried Dino Crisis 2, but there were some graphical glitches (blinking characters).

ruffnutts said:
BTW - Alone in the dark the new nightmare works realy great if you like your survival horrors :)

Turn frameskip off and the blinking and flickering goes away :)

Thanks. Hadn't thought of that. How is the performance with frameskip off?

mrkingoo said:
stpat said:

ruffnutts said:

Turn frameskip off and the blinking and flickering goes away :)

@mrkingoo cool I will try that - Most games I play I turn off cd audio and xa decoding as long as there`s sound FX I`m happy,
Did it with moto toon granmd prix also you can get away with framskip 1 on that game it dont flicker.... fun times :p

Same for me, I've set disabling CD and XA audio as the global default... seems to make everything run better.

I'm very pleased with the compatibility of this emulator - it's played most games I've thrown at it.

Here's some of the games I've tried that worked well:

Ace Combat 2
Batman Forever
Cool Boarders 2001
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Crash Team Racing
Driver
Driver 2
Gran Turismo 2
Hot Shots Golf 2
Hydro Thunder
Soul Reaver
Medal Of Honour
Metal Gear Solid
Mortal Kombat 4
Pacman World
Pandemonium
Pitfall 3D
San Francisco Rush
Spiderman
Spiderman 2
Tekken
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 4
Vigilante 8
WipeoutXL
Wipeout 2097
Xevious 3D
Alundra
Bugs Bunny Lost In Time
Grand Theft Auto 2

ruffnutts said:
@mrkingoo cool I will try that - Most games I play I turn off cd audio and xa decoding as long as there`s sound FX I`m happy,
Did it with moto toon granmd prix also you can get away with framskip 1 on that game it dont flicker.... fun times :p

Back