Pcsx4All

christo930 said:
I love it when someone comes along and does what everyone thought couldn't be done. A working psx emulator should do a great deal for wiz sales, especially the new model. I still think the gp2x hasn't been pushed to the max nor the gp32 for that matter.
Yeah this is what I love about the open source handheld scene. There's always surprises down the road. Makes me wonder what will be down the pike for the Wiz, Caanoo and the Pandora later in their lifespan.

Last edited by a moderator:
sehs33 said:
Is this a happy ending? :)

It will be when PCSX4ALL is ported to the Pandora - as I have a hunch getting getting PSX4ALL for all up to speed and de-bugged is going to be a slow process...
:D

sehs33 said:
Is this a happy ending? :)
It will be when Franxis brings his great skills and Emu's to the Pandora! :lol:

Chris

silver said:
It will be when PCSX4ALL is ported to the Pandora - as I have a hunch getting getting PSX4ALL for all up to speed and de-bugged is going to be a slow process...

I think we don't have anything to worry about, even zodttd himself might do it. I know Franxis is good about getting source out.

Franxis: could you try Gran Turismo and give some feedback about how usable it is at the moment? thanks in advance, and big thanks again for this port ;)

Exophase said:
silver said:

I think we don't have anything to worry about, even zodttd himself might do it. I know Franxis is good about getting source out.

that would be a confession of failure by zodttd ...

Exophase said:
silver said:

Yes - ARMv5 and GL ES gfx points to straightforward (hopefully) port.

crow_riot said:

No idea how he feels about, although I do hope this does not lead to a non-free pcsx4iphone port.

crow_riot said:

zodttd doesn't make emulators in isolation. pcsx4all and psx4all already have a decent amount in common. Sure, one is zodttd's recompiler and the other isn't, but he was very interested in using recompilers from other sources so I don't think his pride would be very wounded on that. He's maybe more cooperative than you think, he's not like me ;p

Exophase said:
crow_riot said:

zodttd doesn't make emulators in isolation. pcsx4all and psx4all already have a decent amount in common. Sure, one is zodttd's recompiler and the other isn't, but he was very interested in using recompilers from other sources so I don't think his pride would be very wounded on that. He's maybe more cooperative than you think, he's not like me ;p

well ofc i can be wrong, i dont know him - so everything is pure speculation here. :)

silver said:
No idea how he feels about, although I do hope this does not lead to a non-free pcsx4iphone port.
I guess his next update of psx4iphone will simply use pcsx4all as it's backend, with the usual "donate if you want to try latest beta" link.

Zodttd suck :D cause he sell is emu for android on the market whereas Fpsece (psx emu for Winmo) is totally free!!!!

Wow. That's amazing. In those videos it's looking better than some of the videos of games being emulated on psx4all. I'd love to see both available on the Pandora. Amazing work.

notaz said:
I guess his next update of psx4iphone will simply use pcsx4all as it's backend, with the usual "donate if you want to try latest beta" link.

Yes. I doubt he'll change the name. He'll simply post something like "here is a better and faster psx4iphone, give me your money and I'll give you a "beta" " and all his followers will praise him for being such a great genius while he increases the (surely big) amount of money he has made thanks to other coders' hard work. 

A600 said:
notaz said:

Yes. I doubt he'll change the name. He'll simply post something like "here is a better and faster psx4iphone, give me your money and I'll give you a "beta" " and all his followers will praise him for being such a great genius while he increases the (surely big) amount of money he has made thanks to other coders' hard work. 

Yet I don't see anyone else doing it, so until they do he can continue it. Maybe no one would have done it if he didn't. Maybe then it's actually a lot of hard work and he deserves some kind of reward?

Yes he does, I propose that we send him a gold plated flesh light immediately

This is an exceptional achievement. Not only was Playstation emulation something that many people didn't believe would be running at full speed, or even close to full speed, on the wiz, this proves those people wrong. If/When this gets out into the wild it'll breathe new life into the Wiz.

Back