Pcsx4All

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
My wiz has a crack down the screen, and now after months of being fine, my pixels are starting to rot. XD I probably won't even get to use this emulator. Oh well, I guess I'll have to save up for a pandora. I hear they're really Awesome, but the $350 price tag is a bit much for me at the moment. :[

You know the Caanoo is right around the corner, might be a more affordable replacement for your dying Wiz.
Like, $200 cheaper for one thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but I think i'd rather get a pandora if I could. The fact that it's got so many more features makes it totally worth the price tag, and especially having wifi and being able to use an entire operating system. It would completely replace my aging EEE PC 900 (and most likely outperform it, to be honest.) But hopefully my wiz hangs on a bit longer so I can try this thing out for myself. After that it's just going to be a really fancy paper weight/flash drive, unfortunately. Unless someone starts offering replacement parts somewhere. ;P

im sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know when this emulator will get released??

thanks

August 16, although I have no idea why the contest is requiring this long after it's over and the results have been judged. I'm sure there's some reason, one I'm too lazy to uncover.

Exophase said:
August 16, although I have no idea why the contest is requiring this long after it's over and the results have been judged. I'm sure there's some reason, one I'm too lazy to uncover.

Maybe because Fungp will be open the 16

IIRC, the deadline was originally set to the end of July but was extended to August 16 to provide a time buffer for bug hunting/code polishing.

Now that I think about it, if this emulator is fairly successful, doesn't that mean the wiz is the smallest handheld to achieve adequate playstation emulation?

yeah i think so, i cant thnk of a smaller handheld capable of emulating ps1. the wiz is pretty darn small

I'm sure if you define accomplishments like that everything is the most extreme example of something ;P

Exophase said:
I'm sure if you define accomplishments like that everything is the most extreme example of something ;P

Still, it makes a somewhat interesting footnote, don't you think?

No ;D

I think so few handhelds have done adequate PS1 emulation up until now that that's still a good enough accomplishment by itself.

Exophase said:
No ;D

I think so few handhelds have done adequate PS1 emulation up until now that that's still a good enough accomplishment by itself.

oh u!

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
My wiz has a crack down the screen, and now after months of being fine, my pixels are starting to rot. XD I probably won't even get to use this emulator. Oh well, I guess I'll have to save up for a pandora. I hear they're really Awesome, but the $350 price tag is a bit much for me at the moment. :[
Once the new game park system is out, you will probably be able to replace your wiz with a used for well under $100. You might even be able to pik up a broken one with a good screen for really cheap assuming you are able to do the replacement yourself.

Chris

christo930 said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Once the new game park system is out, you will probably be able to replace your wiz with a used for well under $100. You might even be able to pik up a broken one with a good screen for really cheap assuming you are able to do the replacement yourself.

Chris

Yeah, I was thinking of looking around for anyone that had a wiz for parts. So far no luck, and I'm sort of short on funds at the moment anyway.

Azerty16 said:
Pcsx4all can load compressed iso with PocketIso?

No, not yet.

There are some games that run pretty good. It's really a good achievement.
However, don't expect to run any PSX game perfectly. Chrono Cross didn't work for me and Muppet RaceMania ran way too slow to be enjoyable.

Still, games like FF7 are playable :)

Also, don't forget this is the first release - hopefully, it will be improved.
But I have the feeling that you will only be able to enjoy a few good PSX titles... the WIZ / Caanoo is really fighting with the power needed here :/

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Azerty16 said:

No, not yet.

However, don't expect to run any PSX game perfectly. Chrono Cross didn't work for me and Muppet RaceMania ran way too slow to be enjoyable.

But I have the feeling that you will only be able to enjoy a few good PSX titles... the WIZ / Caanoo is really fighting with the power needed here :/

Ho my god Chrono Cross the best rpg on the playstation doesn't work :( .
And about Spyro or Bloody Roar II?

EvilDragon said:
Azerty16 said:

No, not yet.

Could someone that has this thing see how the breath of fire series, wild arms, or xenogears work? If at all?

Back