Perfect Pandy

H

hakmanplayer

I just want to start off saying I really am enjoying the Pandora. More than I ever thought I was capable of.

My general question is...Is there such a thing as a perfect [cosmetically and functionally] 100% Pandora ; no flaws whatsoever??

I do not mean a subjective interpretation but rather strictly objective.

This is not mean't as a Pandora bashing forum. Rather, I am curious.

For example, i would say my flaw is ,just below the screen, the frame is ever so slightly bowed ; paper thin space.

Is there such a thing as a flawless Pandy?

Responses would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Join the club. Right speaker gave me a bit of an issue when I first got mine, but now the problem's gone.

I haven't actually checked this, but maybe my speakers are to quiet? I'm comparing my Samsung Galaxy S and it makes more noice than what my Pandora does at full volume :S

Wifi is slow.

DSP is not doing anything at the moment.

It does not dispense Scotch out of its mini-USB port.

Clearly there are many things that can be improved.

And how is the Scotch thing not a hardware flaw?

I took "cosmetically and functionally" to include software functionality as well. And is the slow wifi a software issue? I figured that was a hardware thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine is perfect except for some cosmetic scratches. using earbuds are not worth it because there is a lot of static/hissing at low volume. i don't mind it because i don't listen to music on it a lot, my mp3 player does that with rockbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Pandora is perfect.

The wifi is slow.

The lower left screw on the screen is noticeably less 'in' than the others.

The left nub occasionally forgets how to go down and left - but seems to be getting better.

The battery door barely closes - tight.

There is a slight bow to the plastic frame right under the screen.

The little rubber nub on the top left of the screen to keep the screen off the keys likes to fall off (they're glued on).

It is a perfect Pandora. Expecting anything different would be to expect something other than a Pandora.

This device is amazing. Frankly, I don't care about the above 'flaws'. This thing is perfect.

This device is amazing. Frankly, I don't care about the above 'flaws'. This thing is perfect.

Now, here's the way I see it: The Pandora project was born out of taking older hardware, analyzing it, finding out what worked and what didn't, and improving on it in the next generation. To write off its flaws is to go against what I feel it should stand for: constant progress to make something awesome even awesomer.

Now, here's the way I see it: The Pandora project was born out of taking older hardware, analyzing it, finding out what worked and what didn't, and improving on it in the next generation. To write off its flaws is to go against what I feel it should stand for: constant progress to make something awesome even awesomer.

Missing the forest due to pointing a finger and shouting about the dead slug on a rotted branch that fell off of a tree. The forest is still perfectly healthy and usable.

If this project required micrometer perfection on the case, 100% working software at day one and to have no hiccups or flaws anywhere - it would never have happened. Due to the nature of it, there has to be a 'good enough, moving onward' attitude. How good 'good enough' is may be arbitrary, but I think they made the right choices most of the time.

If you're expecting someone to go re-carve the hand-carved case molds because you can't stand a 0.1mm gap on the bottom edge of your screen, you're in the wrong club here.

Back