Release PFBA

Don't misunderstand me. I don't feel sad or angry. It's just that, because of the small active userbase, putting stuff for "testing" on the forum is useless, that's all. I should just put stuff on the repo, or, if it's experimental, just don't put them (a simple screenshot would be enough).

So, it's done. I've pushed the new version on the repo.
If you prefered the old one, use the repo functionnality to get previous version.

Build 06
-----------

• Using latest sources
  • Version is completly new
  • Using gl4es and gles2 backend

Last edited:
sorry I have not replied ptitseb have been working a lot lately plus kids not much of a chance to have a look at pfba had a look at a few games today taito f3 games the graphics are distorted mortal kombat 2 runs a little slow world rally 2 works good will try out more definitely appreciate all your hard work thank you

I've been trying the latest version and here's my results. Old arcade games (Donkey Kong, Pacman, Q*Bert, Frogger) run great. CPS2 game (Alien vs Predator) ran ok with occasional slowdown. Surprisingly every NeoGeo game I tried had badly garbled graphics and was unplayable. Any Konami arcade game (TMNT, Simpsons) had the same problem. The few other engines I've tried so far wouldn't boot any games. BTW can you use FBA cheat files with pfba?

@DrasticNerd - I only use PFBA for neogeo games, makes me a little hesitant to upgrade to this version, but for science when I get home I'll try it and see if I get the same results.

Strange. I'll do some testing later. I see no reason to have garbage on this kind of games.
Out of interest, what SGX driver version do you recommend? Could that be the cause?

I tried a different FBA port from the repo (FBA with CAPEX FE) and all the NeoGeo games I tested on this ran fast without any issues. (Although both Konami games failed the initial RAM checks so were unplayable)
[doublepost=1562916039,1562915829][/doublepost]
@DrasticNerd - I only use PFBA for neogeo games, makes me a little hesitant to upgrade to this version, but for science when I get home I'll try it and see if I get the same results.
Thanks. What PFBA version are you running? If an older version is working for you I would like to see if I get the same results.

Back