Pandora PNDManager

Okay, I've given the latest version a run through. All fixed, apart from customDevices thing on my system, which is unchanged.

To be explicit:

Queued items start downloading once one of the old items finishes.

Queued items are displayed correctly and not duplicated, including their sizes (for upgrades at least - didn't test enough new installs to get them to queue)

Can't break it by spamming Y any more.

Symlinked pnds appear in the list, don't cause a crash, and can be selected or executed directly with Enter

All other pnds can be executed by pressing enter from the install list too.

Left/right is page down/up, and no graphical glitches were apparent at any time.

Uninstalling a PND leaves the cursor on the next line still.

UI still looks okay to me.

Porg: The conflict comes because it's possible to search in the category view, and searching then pressing X does immediately take you back to the main category level. However, it also cancels your search in that view, which I'd argue is a little inconsistent.

However, that is a really minor issue and I'm not at all bothered if it remains as it does at present. I'd not noticed the inconsistency above until I just tried it (in fact, I didn't realise any view apart from installed was searchable until investigating this), and it's not rocket science to work out that when X doesn't get you back to the full list, just press backspace a few times.

So anyway, this gets the green light from me. As long as the customDevices thing works for you and whoever requested it, it doesn't matter if it doesn't for me, though it would be interesting to work out what I'm doing wrong.

The queuing seems to work reliably now :)

I updated 8 PNDs without any errors and repeated the process 3 times. With the old version (1.3.6.6), a download got stuck after 2 or 3 PNDs already. I even had a PND downloading without being in the queue ...

Being able to launch PNDs from the installed-view is nice, page up/down is working and retaining the cursor position after deletion of a PND is working as well.

All in all, some major improvements to an already very good program :-D

I'll try to compile it and test it soon.

Thx for the "standalone" feature.

Being able to launch PNDs from the installed-view is nice
@B-Zar: I hope that quotes of this flavor encourage you that PNDManager is a good launcher too, among the other great functionality it offers! :)

Congratulations to your polished mastercrafted software!

New test PND coming today, probably the last one before release.

The changes include some UI changes to bottom bar, installed view and package view. Hopefully no new bugs manifest :)

Anyone else apart from Levi have problems with the customDevices option? This can be easily tested by adding customDevices=/tmp to settings.cfg and installing/removing/listing PND's to/from /tmp/pandora.

PNDManager 1.3.9.3 prerelease is now available here

Changes after the previous prerelease (with suggestion credit):

• Less cramped installed-view list (ekianjo)
  • Nicer size indicators in package view buttons (ekianjo)
  • Always capitalize first letter on package names (ekianjo)
  • Move maintainer info in installed-view sidebar (ekianjo)
  • Thicker bottombar icons more fitting to the new package list fonts (Christoph.Krn, icons also by him)
EDIT: Unless something comes up during testing, this is the final prerelease before I put the thing ong the repo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay one more :p

PNDManager 1.3.9.4 prerelease is now available here

Changes after 1.3.9.3

• Further tweaking of UI based on comments from Christoph.Krn and Ekianjo
  • Show free disk space in install dialog
  • Disable install/upgrade-button if selected/installed disk has insufficient free space

You disable the install button, but you still allow user to press B and start installing.

Other than that seems to work nicely here, good job.

I'm sick right now and don't stand much in front of my computer. Will test under Slack as soon as possible.

I will test this out tonight and let you know. I am sure it is too late for feature requests for this release, but a couple things that would be nice for when mouse/keyboard are plugged in:

1. Optionally drawing mouse in front of PND manager, so you can see where it is.

2. Having the sync option be able to be activated from a keyboard/mouse. Right now I can't seem to find a way to do so without getting up and pressing start on the Pandora.

By the way, thanks so much for your work on this, B-Zar. The level of thought and polish that you have put into PNDManager is really incredible.

1. Optionally drawing mouse in front of PND manager, so you can see where it is.
In appdata there is a file called settings.cfg. Change the line that says: mouseCursorVisible=false to mouseCursorVisible=true

2. Having the sync option be able to be activated from a keyboard/mouse. Right now I can't seem to find a way to do so without getting up and pressing start on the Pandora.
Just click on the Sync graphic in the lower right corner.

- Neelix

Just finished testing the pre-release. Neelix's suggstions worked perfectly.

I can't seem to get the available space detection to work. It continually reads 2.51 GiB and 1.58 GiB available even though there is 13 GiB available on one card and 200 MB on the other. I've restarted PNDManager, synced, and installed an app to see if it updates, but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? I haven't restarted the unit yet. I will try that next.

The smaller text on the home tab makes the screen feel a bit emptier. I think I liked the text size better before, but perhaps I just need to get used to the new size.

I will let you know if I get the space detection working!

EDIT: Nope! Restart doesn't help. Will deleting appdata help?

Thanks for testing! I'll look into the free space issue. This is the first time it's being used so there are bound to be some bugs :)

08:23 < B-ZaR> Cloudef: o/
08:24 < B-ZaR> Cloudef: there appears to be something funky in libpndman's device free space detection or how I handle it in qtpndman
08:24 < B-ZaR> http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/7831-pndmanager/?p=317216
08:24 <+Cloudef> Yeah I read that
08:25 <+Cloudef> I'll take a lookt today after work
08:26 <+Cloudef> B-ZaR: https://github.com/Cloudef/libpndman/blob/master/lib/device.c#L395
08:27 < B-ZaR> Cloudef: https://github.com/bzar/qtpndman/blob/master/src/device.cpp#L25
08:28 < B-ZaR> oops wrong line
08:29 < B-ZaR> and this http://github.com/bzar/panorama/blob/master/interfaces/PNDManager/InstallLocationDialog.qml#L117
08:29 < B-ZaR> heh, those three links show the entire progression from system to UI
08:32 <+Cloudef> B-ZaR: I don't see anything wrong at quick glance
08:34 <+Cloudef> B-ZaR: expect that you should use available
08:34 <+Cloudef> free = free blocks in whole device, avialable = free space for non root
08:34 <+Cloudef> available*
08:34 < B-ZaR> oh!
08:35 < B-ZaR> that explains things

I'll put out a new version to test probably today. :)

Awesome. Happy to at least contribute something. I'll hold off on deleting appdata for now, but will try it if the new version has the same bug.

PNDManager 1.3.9.5 prerelease is now available here

Changes after 1.3.9.4

• Fixed game buttons working when on screen buttons were disabled
  • Fixed free space showing incorrectly

Back