Pocketsnes V6 Released

Just installed into an empty directory (ie, didn't overwrite an old installation) and find that it only lists .smc ROM images in the ROM loader. I have quite a few in .fig format that were loaded fine by v4, but v6 refuses to display them in the list.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known bug?

Cheers,

D.

Reesy changed it to only list .smc and .zip files.

Try zipping them up, it should work & save space as well.

thank you... my savestates from v3 working perfectly in v6 too
I'm glad because now I'm playing Earthbound ;)

Heh I just downloaded V5 last night, and the next day a new version is out... Nice work ;)

Blah posted on Feb 6 2007 at 06:29 AM said:
I think the different file types are SFC, SMC, BIN, FIG & ZIP.

Cheers Blah, I'll add these to the list of filtered files.

EDIT: While I'm at it, why in the earth are people using uncompressed roms? It just occurred me thats it doesn't really make sense, any reason for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elephant Gun posted on Feb 6 2007 at 02:31 PM said:
Pocket SNES has made the GP2X the ultimate power in the universe.

Everyone should use it!

Not really. You should use PocketSnes if you want to play Pilotwings or any games that use transparencies, otherwise you should use SquidgeSnes because its loads faster.

Reesy: "Finishing School for Emulators"

Once you feel like you've perfected the interface, options, etc. for PocketSNES, could you be persuaded to work your magic on GnuBoy? :D

Reesy posted on Feb 6 2007 at 05:39 PM said:

Everyone should use it!

Not really. You should use PocketSnes if you want to play Pilotwings or any games that use transparencies, otherwise you should use SquidgeSnes because its loads faster.

I don't think so, PocketSNES is the first emu I have seen that plays Donkey Kong Coutnry that great, it was not much playable before. PocketSNES = masterpiece :)

Please someone look at this, preferably Reesy and just gimme some feedback as to why it's not useful or whatever :S

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,1764

Supposed to be sound processing for SNES on the 940... It's been sat in the archive for a good while and I haven't even heard anyone mention anything about it, which kinda bugs me.

Reesy posted on Feb 6 2007 at 02:39 PM said:

Everyone should use it!

Or rasters. It seems the Pocketsnes handles them alot better. They were SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWwwww in Snes9x renderer. Plus you say there could even be room for speedups in the Pocketsnes renderer for the GP2X. If that is possible it would be the best portable SNES emu ever.

PokeParadox posted on Feb 6 2007 at 03:19 PM said:
Please someone look at this, preferably Reesy and just gimme some feedback as to why it's not useful or whatever :S

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,1764

Supposed to be sound processing for SNES on the 940... It's been sat in the archive for a good while and I haven't even heard anyone mention anything about it, which kinda bugs me.

Well it doesn't actually say anywhere that it works. What would be the point in adding the code only to find it doesn't actually do anything... yeah cool man, look I've got some code running on the second cpu....it doesn't actually do anything though....but its cool right?

Well why is it still in the archive then? :-|| I can understand that it may well not work, but shouldn't it be marked as such if that's the case.

Anyway I look forward to actually trying pocketSNES out... still waiting for my GP2X to come back. :)

PokeParadox posted on Feb 6 2007 at 04:02 PM said:
Well why is it still in the archive then? :-|| I can understand that it may well not work, but shouldn't it be marked as such if that's the case.

Anyway I look forward to actually trying pocketSNES out... still waiting for my GP2X to come back. :)

If it worked the author would have released a binary

Reesy posted on Feb 6 2007 at 10:54 AM said:
Well it doesn't actually say anywhere that it works. What would be the point in adding the code only to find it doesn't actually do anything... yeah cool man, look I've got some code running on the second cpu....it doesn't actually do anything though....but its cool right?
:lol: :lol:

Back