Possible Cheap Case For Pandora

gibberish

I was just browsing DX and came across this:
www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29677

The dimensions are ever so slightly bigger than those of pandora, so it may be a really nice fit. It also seems to have some internal pockets suitable for SD cards or something.
Just thought i'd mention it, for $4 theres not much to lose if its too small.

nice. i also want a case that fits the small gps i bought for pandora though.

and by the way: 4,3inch is only the screen of pandora. not the whole device. its bigger.

but we can use this thread for finding cases for our pandoras.
I want a case that fits a extra bluetooth gps and optionally 2 sd cards.

I am aware of that ffs. Please read my post, and then compare size of pandora to the size of the case. The case is slightly bigger in all dimensions. I would post the dimensions but im posting from my mobile and cant be bothered.

I ordered the official case, but am really unsure if I want it any more since I've not seen how it looks, and there's some cheap(talking less than half the price) decent DS one's that would do the trick.
Trouble is I can't use the TV out cable no matter how nice it would be to hook it up to a display!
Money is tight so feels like it's a bit of a waste, but I guess I'll have to stick with the official one. :(

Hopefully the Pandora will fit in this bag :

ndscarrycasehoriblack20.jpg

I've had this bag since my first NDS (fat), now I'm keeping it for the Pandora, since the two devices seem to have similar dimensions (Pandora: 140mm x 83mm according to official site; NDS fat: 148.7mm x 84.7mm according to Wikipedia).

Mia said:
Hopefully the Pandora will fit in this bag :

ndscarrycasehoriblack20.jpg

I've had this bag since my first NDS (fat), now I'm keeping it for the Pandora, since the two devices seem to have similar dimensions (Pandora: 140mm x 83mm according to official site; NDS fat: 148.7mm x 84.7mm according to Wikipedia).
nice i want to try that one. any room for a small bluetooth gps unit?

where can u buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
where can u buy?
I bought it from http://www.play-asia.com back when the first NDS was released, now it's out of stock apparently. After a quick google search, it's still sold here.
No idea if a bluetooth GPS unit will fit (how big is such a thing?). IIRC, there was room for the NDS fat, plus 5~6 games, but not much more.
Anyway, I suppose any good case for the NDS fat (and not Lite) will do for the Pandora as well.

I also saw that in the new item list yesterday and I added one of them to my latest order. I'll try to post the inside dimensions when I get it. (two weekish) Might be snug but I think it should fit. But of course whether it fits or not will remains to be seen WHEN I get my Pandora.. ;)

ps: I think when they say 4.3 inch for the gps they're also talking about the size of the gps' screen...

http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1040

I picked up one of these. You could go with a larger size for accessories. Pelican makes rugged memory card storage as well.
http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=0910
I use their stuff whitewater kayaking w/ minimal failure. Mainly user error.

Cheers

Link

Edit: grammar/add Pelican 0910 Link

zombiesatemygoldfish said:
I would love it if the pandora would fit into one of the nintendo DS nerf armor cases
pRS1-5652751w345.jpg

I have that for my DS Lite. I wish we could have Nerf Armor for the Pandora. It's so comfortable. Anyways, I got the Proporta Gadget Bag two years ago in preparation for my Pandora. ;)

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=4702&t_mode=des

It's great for carrying around all of my gadgets.

EDIT: Remembered I actually got my gadget bag 2 years ago.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Anyways, I got the Proporta Gadget Bag a year ago in preperation for my Pandora. ;)

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=4702&t_mode=des

It's great for carrying around all of my gadgets.

-God Ginrai

Me too! I'd also like a thin firm pandora-sized case with a belt clip (vertical). Any ideas?

I know it comes up now and again, but there was someone from the community who was going to make cases. They weren't looking bad either, last I remember they were waiting to hear if they could use the Pandora logo, but that was a pretty long time ago.

What about the case that was a $20 option at order time? I haven't heard anything about that recently.

Sitwon said:
What about the case that was a $20 option at order time? I haven't heard anything about that recently.

Exactly, We're waiting on molds I guess still as the final piece of the Pandora, boards are in production...and then my order will be held up while they figure out the case?

Or do I get my pandora the same time as everyone else and wait for something to stick it in for it to be safe?

Almost hoping I can find something good for putting my pandora in a soft case inside one of those pelican cases

borgqueenx said:
i need one with belt clip, and room for my gps unit. that would be awesome, and if it has fair design i'd easely pay 50 dollar.
What about something like this?

If it folds do you even need a case? For my Game Boys I always needed a case until the SP came out, it folded so it protected the screen so it just fit in my pocket. The DS was the say way, and I have a NDSL that I don't have a case for. Usually if you can find a good hard case for carts then that plus the system usually takes up less space than a case for the hand held.

Since all the Pandora needs is a USB cable for charging you don't really need a case to carry anything. It does charge though USB doesn't it? If so what else do you need a case for?

Back