Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

Could you please tell me your settings.

For me the whole emulator crashes.

I use the EU version. Could that be the problem?

Yeah, I'm using the US version, also maybe try a different video driver as I have seen that crash games as well. I don't think any of the settings matter as I have most of the hacks on.

It was the driver.

Don't know how you get 60% speed on a rebirth.

I get 60% on a Giga with Frameskip 1.

I just guessed the speed and I should of mentioned I use whatever frameskip I deem the best combination of speed and smoothness.

Maybe I can just remove the speed guesses?

Maybe I'm too optimistic or inaccurate so if anyone thinks that is the case let me know and I'll edit what I have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
The strange thing is: I'll never get more than about 60% speed.

1 or 3 Frameskip is nearly the same for me.

So lets hope for some speed improvement with the next version.

And thanks a lot for the hint with the driver.

I always forget it.

(Got my old board back which had the old driver installed)

I have hopes that next version will bring a nice boost.

Speaking of speed improvement... Could you imagine how ppsspp will be performing on the pandora successor?  I know it's a little early, but I cant help it... :rolleyes:

Assuming it will be OMAP 5, what performances would be likely to games such as wipeout, fullmetal alchemist (demanding games that currently runs at 1/3 of it`s normal speed)?

Assuming it will be OMAP 5, what performances would be likely to games such as wipeout, fullmetal alchemist (demanding games that currently runs at 1/3 of it`s normal speed)?
I guess most demanding games would run probably twice faster on the successor. But does that mean full speed? Probably not for all games (wipeout will be difficult to emulate anyway)

Finally

December 12, 2013: 0.9.6 is here!
That's right, it's here, in good time for the holidays! This time the main focus has been on speed improvements, but there has obviously been quite a few bug fixes as well, and a new lighter look for the on screen touch controls. Enjoy! And if you're having fun, don't forget to support the project by buying the Gold version.

• Large general speed improvements and assorted bug fixes
  • "Software Skinning" option which speeds up many games with animated 3D characters
  • (but may slow down a few, like Monster Hunter - experiment with turning it off)
  • Various fixes around stencil/alpha, reducing glow problems in Wipeout and Gods Eater Burst.
  • Timing improvements making more games run at the correct FPS, also fixing some audio issues
  • More debugger features
  • Better looking and individually resizable touch controls
  • Automatic install of games from ZIP files, like demos and many homebrew.
  • Software renderer improvements
  • VERY basic ad-hoc online play support, to be improved in future versions.
  • And more...

Its night time where he lives, so no new version till tomorrow morning. Unless he feels like staying up to compile it.

Its night time where he lives, so no new version till tomorrow morning. Unless he feels like staying up to compile it.
It's not because a new version is available that it's compiled the next day on the repo. There are some specific Pandora parts that need to be included and tested as well. 

The Shield is a beast so don't expect it to run as fast on Pandora though.
It should at least run faster than it does now.
Don't hold your breath, speed improvements in 0.9.6 are minor, despite what they claim. You won't see much difference (on Pandora at least).

Back