Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

Love this emulator because I can now play speedball 2 evolution on my cc Pandora , just 1 small problem though the human controlled players on speedball 2 have a black block around them , is there a way to get rid of this from setup or is it a bug that needs ironing out.

Cheers for for any info :)
Sounds like alpha-hack.

Cheers for the info guys but all the hacks are turned off, guess I'll have to wait till the emulator is updated :)

With driver 4.10 no game does start for me.

When selecting a game the symbol is animates as if it's rapidly pressed.

Anyone else having that issue?

Hey, I just started trying this emulator out tonight. I was trying to run .hack//Link. I can get it to be playable w/ frameskip, however whenever you juggle enemies, the whole screen turns black. I tried switching to unbuffered renderer and that fixes the problem but slows it down immensely. When I changed it back to Buffered renderer, it would only display the screen on 1/4 of my Pandora screen, however, the black screen is gone on buffered renderer now. But if I exit the game and start the game again on buffered renderer, I'll get fullscreen w/ the black screen whenever I juggle enemies again. I don't understand why I'm getting 2 results for the same setting. :\

EDIT: I tried this on both 4.03 and 4.10 SGX drivers

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
with 4.10 I was having problem with the previous PPSSPP version, but with the actual version I've no trouble while playing trail in the sky...

Hey, I just started trying this emulator out tonight. I was trying to run .hack//Link. I can get it to be playable w/ frameskip, however whenever you juggle enemies, the whole screen turns black. I tried switching to unbuffered renderer and that fixes the problem but slows it down immensely. When I changed it back to Buffered renderer, it would only display the screen on 1/4 of my Pandora screen, however, the black screen is gone on buffered renderer now. But if I exit the game and start the game again on buffered renderer, I'll get fullscreen w/ the black screen whenever I juggle enemies again. I don't understand why I'm getting 2 results for the same setting. :\

-God Ginrai
Yes I have the same issue with Ridge Racer 2, and for a long time, without having found a workaround yet. From what you described, maybe it's related to the hack: "fast texture coordinnates" ? Try disabling it if it's on (it doesn't help Ridge Racer 2, but who knows).

I'll try to update PPSSPP sometime in the near future...

-God Ginrai
Yes I have the same issue with Ridge Racer 2, and for a long time, without having found a workaround yet. From what you described, maybe it's related to the hack: "fast texture coordinnates" ? Try disabling it if it's on (it doesn't help Ridge Racer 2, but who knows).I'll try to update PPSSPP sometime in the near future...
Do you mean "Texture coord speedhack (speed up)"? That's the only thing I see that looks like what you are talking about. Sadly, it is already disabled and greyed out. I couldn't enable it even if I wanted to.

Is there anything else I can do to get you more data to help figure this problem out? Just let me know. I'm free this weekend to test things. :)

-God Ginrai

New release on the repo.

It seems more stable than before. You don't loose the mouse on the menu after a while like before, and I didn't got any hang in the menu.

Also, Ridge Racer 2 plays very nicely now (use Frameskip Auto + Buffered rendering) and almost fullspeed all the time (or 80% on some short spot, with autoframeskip).

Also, for Lumine (and may be some other 2D games) be sure to UNTICK "Timer Hack" and TICk "Alpha Hack" for fullspeed (with almost no frameskip !) gameplay.

Some other games (like Dissidia 012 or Star Ocean) doesn't seems to like the Default speedy Buffered Rendering unfortunatly, so you have to fall back to slower Unbufered (or CPU/GPU Buffered for Star Ocean).

Also, the issue with the 1/4 of the Screen with doing Buffered -> Unbuffered -> Buffered is still present (I don't think you go back to buffered anyway).

Dispite the few bugs left, it's still, an interesting version.

Build 34
----------

• In synch with the git repo
  • losing mouse in menu and resume hang bugs seems fixed now.

Where is Ingo, I would love to see a video and an overclocked ghz unit of the current reicast version :)

Ups sorry, you are right. Tested Mana Khemia Student Alliance with it. On a Rebirth @ 950 / 370 with alpha test disabled it runs in normal scenes between 22 - 32 Frames. Most Time 25 - 28 Frame, this is de facto fullspeed. Only a special places life a save point or the giant boiling pot in your workshop it slows down to 11 frames.

The game is playable with alpha test disabled but some areas are looking strange. You can enable it if you want to see through a fence. It is playable but slow.

A third way is to use very high frameskip (press n to do automaticly) which is choppy but fast. When you are doing to much change in alpha sprites ( like grass) it is getting slower, don't know why. At least it was in the last version. Open a menu like the inventory, then it is fast again.

Thank you for this great software ptitseb :)

My results:

Soul Calibur is faster.

Can't use bufferred rendering as screen will be in the bottom left edge.

also it has no impact.

Dissidia is the same as before.

Works not with Driver 4.10.

That's pretty good as I can use it as my default driver now.

are you sure?  SC runs fine with FB and sdx4.10 for me.  You may want to delete your ppsspp appdata and start fresh.

I have all hacks on as well.  Overclocked mine to 1.2GHz with op_sysspeed of 465.

Regarding the 1/4 screen, you have to change the settings before you load the game.  I found that if you switch the rendering mode ingame, you will get the 1/4 screen issue but not when you do it before starting the game.

Not sure if there is a per game setting

Back