Pre-order Problems

Well if it means that much to you to get your preorder now, you could order from www.gp2x.de

craigix said:
The credit card address IS the order address - we have it set to max security. Don't worry :)
What if you didn't really enter your address. I just put my street address, since I thought they would just ask me my full address later. it seems to be a whole lot worse of an experience then say newegg, amazon, or yahoo's store system.

I did email the people, hopefully they reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's the case, then my Pandora wont be delivered, since the address only points to a huge office building, no specific office or suite. I'd like to be able to cancel the order if I don't lose my spot in the pre-order and just use the paypal, since that'll point to my home. Is this an option?

EDIT: I guess I'd be willing to cancel and use the paypal and just wait until 2009.

Who else is outraged Pandora team taking full price 2 months before shipping and before a single unit is even made yet?
in case the title got truncated...

to a newcomer, this situation looks much like a scam to get your money on high hopes. if I didn't have the trust in craig & co and GBAX, i probably wouldn't order either. I really wouldn't like the situation, order now on possibly dodgy grounds or wait into 2009 and beyond. :blink:

oh and, looking forward to recieving my Pandora! :D

No one has a gun to your head. If you are so 'outraged' don't bother pre-ordering!

I think the term 'pre-ordering' should really give it away what it's about :)

CC_machine said:
Who else is outraged Pandora team taking full price 2 months before shipping and before a single unit is even made yet?
in case the title got truncated...

to a newcomer, this situation looks much like a scam to get your money on high hopes. if I didn't have the trust in craig & co and GBAX, i probably wouldn't order either. I really wouldn't like the situation, order now on possibly dodgy grounds or wait into 2009 and beyond. :blink:

oh and, looking forward to recieving my Pandora! :D
I'm fine with it, anticipation is part of the fun. I'd rather they took their time and got everything right than rushed it.

Most of us on here already knew this was the case for a while now so not outraged at all. *IF* the system got delayed post Christmas, then that's another matter.

paulguy said:
If that's the case, then my Pandora wont be delivered, since the address only points to a huge office building, no specific office or suite. I'd like to be able to cancel the order if I don't lose my spot in the pre-order and just use the paypal, since that'll point to my home. Is this an option?
you can email the shop to change the address

dispraekailo said:
Requesting some sort of confirmation for those who have pre-ordered a pandora via paypal.
I got my confirmation about an hour after I sent them payment through PayPal. Just make sure you clearly state what you're ordering, and how you arrived at the final price that you sent them. Its pretty hard to do in the 300 characters PayPal gives you, but I was able to even fit in my shipping address a second time.

Heres what I included in the email to them when sending payment:
OriginUnknown said:
HI GBAX,

I am following instructions posted by craigix on gp32x.de about pre-ordering. I am paying for the following items:
1x Pandora
1x AirSURE
Total: 197.77 GBP

I would like my order shipped to:
John Smith
555 Fake Street East, APT 101
Toronto, Ontario A1B 2C3
Canada

Thanks,

John
And, about an hour later:
openpandorasales said:
Hi John,

Just to confirm we have received your Paypal order.

Thanks
Jacquelyn
It would be great to get an actual order number from GBAX or something, but at least I know they've got it.

-Origin

I've bought plane tickets, concert tickets, rafting trips, etc. All paid far in advance, no refunds possible.

I'm not outraged that in about 60 days I'll have a Pandora!

Why so negative?

Peace

Link

It's never been a secret, and I understand it completely. They are not sony, they are not microsoft, they are not even GPH.

I don't see what the reason for "outrage" would be here. If they had said the Pandoras would be shipping now, then after we ordered said they were delayed until November, there'd be a reason to be upset. To echo the sentiment that has been expressed so often, but apparently not often enough, you know exactly what the current situation is when you preorder. If you don't like it or don't trust them, don't preorder. There's plenty of people willing to preorder who can accept that none of the retail versions have been produced and they won't start shipping for another month and a half to two moths. If you preorder and it gets delayed past that, you can justifiably complain. Not before then.

It's been clear for ages how the preorder would work. These guys aren't millionaires you know. You don't have to preorder one. Just wait till 2009 and buy one.

Back