Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

Would have gone with the 4G mobile version, but cellular internet here in the US is so absurdly expensive that I can't justify the extra $100.

Couldn't wait uh? LOL!

I'm glad you got in after all, sadly I just didn't have the funds currently. It's looking like I'll have to wait and use my voucher down the road at some point. Hopefully Link gets some decent qty's shortly after release and I won't have to wait to long. Although I better avoid any upcoming video's, as there is no telling what may happen if I see the Pyra greatness in action, I may have to give in as well.

Chris
Yeah, couldn't wait. The pyra is the only device I want for some time. I don't need anything else. Hope your resolve cracks when you see the deluge of videos conveying pyra greatness...:)

Would have gone with the 4G mobile version, but cellular internet here in the US is so absurdly expensive that I can't justify the extra $100.
If you are using it for Internet only T-Mobile is $20/month for 2gb and after that it's 2G speed but no overage charges
[doublepost=1462116434,1462116190][/doublepost]I know I can do 99.99% of what I want with only 2GB of RAM but I also know that 0.01% would actually benefit from 8GB so will go with as much as I can get without the price going through the roof.

As excited as I am about this, I'll have to wait:

• My wallet is still recovering from some fairly large expenses 6 months ago.
  • I'm just gearing up to graduate and I don't know yet whether I'm more likely to need the US or the EU version. (I'm in Canada but I'll need a fairly significant income increase to justify paying for mobile connectivity here. I might be more likely to move to Europe than to use a North American mobile network.)
  • I'd rather let someone else discover the DOs and DON'Ts of repainting a Pyra case to the respectable, ThinkPad-like black that my 600MHz Pandora uses. (Aside from how it'll make me look to meet someone while holding that, my personal opinion is that maroon is unarguably a colour for wearing, not electronics.)

Seems like it just went up to 300 preorders and still nobody seems to care about the 2GB variants ;). And even before the Pyra hits any major news sites, that's amazing!
I ordered the full version with 4GB and LTE. Mobile internet will definitely come in handy, but I actually was even more after the GPS that comes with it. For the mobile internet I'll just get the cheapest option available. Something like 100MB/Month should be plenty for the occasional ssh session.

I didn't even know about the GPDWin. The form factor of the pyra looks way better than the Win.
I would have backed this anyways due to having a gpd product already and I don't like it
Hail PYRA
Hail Pyra, Hail Hydra.
[doublepost=1462118217,1462118138][/doublepost]You know its happening baby!!

Does this mean that those who ordered after you fixed the mistake will receive their unit before those who ordered before the fix?

That's a very good question! My order confirmation email is timestamped at 00:06:07. I might actually be within the first 5~10 orders!

Back