Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

Nice. That is the one I am going for (broke atm). I really hope we get them, somehow.

I wonder if the whole of the US is a bit broke at the moment; that would explain the lack of US 4G sales. Or perhaps USians are less used to the fancy pants mobile internet compared to us EUians - or perhaps less likely to be both spending time on buses and trains and being able to afford a pyra. Or perhaps they're just less impressed by a device made in the EU.

Also I guess the 'EU mobile' area is larger than the US one, since it also covers big population areas outside of the EU like Australia.

I wonder if the whole of the US is a bit broke at the moment; that would explain the lack of US 4G sales. Or perhaps USians are less used to the fancy pants mobile internet compared to us EUians - or perhaps less likely to be both spending time on buses and trains and being able to afford a pyra. Or perhaps they're just less impressed by a device made in the EU.

Also I guess the 'EU mobile' area is larger than the US one, since it also covers big population areas outside of the EU like Australia.
The EU version is getting sales from every country, the US version will only get sales from the US. So it makes sense really. Still gotta find a way to make sure us US orders actually get ours.

US 4G purchase here, Only got the 4G for GPS don't plan on using mobile data

I would worry more to preorder if ED were no german too. I feel like I have the ability to knock on his door and get it myself if there is no other way.

So the seventh 24 hours of pre-orders is now up. 1 Week has passed

It seems we got :

350 Pre-orders the first 24 hours (350)
79 Pre-orders in the second 24 hours. (429)
49 Pre-orders in the third 24 hours (478) (Some double up Pre-orders were removed though)
29 Pre-orders in the fourth 24 hours (507)
18 Pre-orders in the fifth 24 hours (525)
26 Pre-orders in the sixth 24 hours (551)
12 Pre-orders in the seventh 24 hours (563)

So the seventh 24 hours of pre-orders is now up. 1 Week has passed

It seems we got :

350 Pre-orders the first 24 hours (350)
79 Pre-orders in the second 24 hours. (429)
49 Pre-orders in the third 24 hours (478) (Some double up Pre-orders were removed though)
29 Pre-orders in the fourth 24 hours (507)
18 Pre-orders in the fifth 24 hours (525)
26 Pre-orders in the sixth 24 hours (551)
12 Pre-orders in the seventh 24 hours (563)
Is it possible to produce this statistics table on line automatically?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I wonder if the whole of the US is a bit broke at the moment; that would explain the lack of US 4G sales.

What would better explain the lack of 4G sales is the Pandora/Pyra community's demographics, which is majority-European. Frankly, I'd be shocked if the European sales made up only a plurality of the total sales as opposed to the current majority. There's another reason you already mentioned later in this post.

Or perhaps USians are less used to the fancy pants mobile internet compared to us EUians -...

"Fancy-pants mobile internet?" 4G data isn't like bidets or WiFi lighting over here.

or perhaps less likely to be both spending time on buses and trains and being able to afford a pyra.

Correct, but that still doesn't deter us from using up data.

Or perhaps they're just less impressed by a device made in the EU.

Not as bad as China. We expect European things to cost more.

Correct.

At 560 units per month, it would almost equal the Pandora after a year. I doubt that will happen.

The Pandora could have potentially sold more if, shall we say, "certain machinations" were not in play at the time. Since the Pyra is being handled better, I don't think it selling more in a shorter timespan is too much of stretch.

Then again, it costs much more than the Pandora ever did, so swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

How many Pandora preorders were there total? I am just wondering where we currently stand.

I think the Pandora had a full 4000 pre-orders in the first week. updated from a initial limit of 3000 to 4000.

Hard to compare the two.
A) The Pandora was a LOT cheaper (too cheap even)
B) There was no predecessor with a bad history
C) The Pandora processor was very high-end at the time of pre-orders

It was a different time to. There were no smartphones and tablets. And UMPC's were a huge thing. The market is different now

Last edited:
Also kickstarter didn't exist. For better or worse, kickstarter has changed how people see pre-orders.

Also kickstarter didn't exist. For better or worse, kickstarter has changed how people see pre-orders.
Yep I agree with that. Only great thing to me pre ordering is that ED is handling it and he's been nothing but honest to all of us on this. When he's asked for pre pre orders he said what it was going for and even this pre order was going towards. Can't ask for any better communication than this. That's one of the reason I pre ordered

Back