Promoting The Gp2x Further...

^_^
By the way, he's got a drinking problem. Hence the red nose and cheeks.
Who wants to make him a game?! :D

EDIT:
hasse32.gif

Magnulus posted on Jul 18 2006 at 08:37 PM said:
^_^

EDIT:
hasse32.gif

Well, I wouldn't mind playing a game with him in it -perhaps involving satisfying his drinking problem - and of course, the visibility would have to get worse as you gathered each pint/glass of wine/shot - all worth points, of course. Each time you pick one up, you gain an increase in character power (say, beer lets you belch, causing damage, shots make you throw up, causing even more, wine - seeing as a glass of red a day is supposed to be good for you - improves your health).

But with the added abilities come a gentle rocking of the world or something...

It could work... stranger things have happened!

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnulus posted on Jul 18 2006 at 02:16 PM said:
Dzz posted on Jul 18 2006 at 06:51 PM said:
Something much more bizarre like a banana with a face on it would be possible.
[...]
Edited to add: pre-emptive strike: not a penis.

It's SO weird you should say those two things, because years ago, I made this guy as an avatar for another forum:

banav.gif
ROFLMAO! No-penis banana for teh win!

I like the character and game ideas, but I don't think I'd want him as a mascot.

Also we could do with a character that may be more suitable for children...
er... did I just type that... :huh:

Aninhumer posted on Jul 18 2006 at 10:18 PM said:
Also we could do with a character that may be more suitable for children...
Fuck yeah! I totally agree!

In other news, I've actually got a whole series of moves for him all thunk up.
You've got the standard cable-stump jab move, the lasso cable, the broken bottles of booze and, later in the game, the 96% flame thrower. See, here's the (not very) clever part: He drinks homebrew!. Geddit? Geddit?

Actually, I'd really love to make this game with someone. It'd be great, silly fun.

I like the character a lot how it is drawn on that example. But i think it's a little too much of a Mario thing. They could be brothers maybe :) A secret third brother, from another father... Anyway, i guess it would be nicer if we could come up with a character that hasn't got ANYTHING to do with all the mascots that already exist out there. No squirels (Conker), no humans that repair something (Mario & Luigi), but something totaly new. That way the game would be totaly original and nobody could say like "look, it's that game with that mascot that looks like...". It would be like we can't even come up with something our selfs.

A mascot would defenetely be nice! But i suggest it would be one that hasn't got to do anything with the one's that already exist. To have a succesful mascot it doesn't require to look like something or someone else. It's the game that matters the most. If Mario and Sonic would have been the stars in some crappy game, they wouldn't even exist today.

When designing a mascot you need to keep one thing in mind: it has to appeal to an audience as big as possible! The target needs to be that every single person that sees the character emediately loves it. For example a bunny. People just love bunny's! I defenetely would go for an animal type character, as that category just has the most potential to be loved by a wide audience.

Maybe open up a new fresh topic for this? As it gets to be a little story of its own by now in this topic :)

Let me just clarify that Hasse was a piss-take, really.
I'd still love to see a Hasse game, though. ^_^

I completely agree with you. We need something that's actually "completely" original that doesn't allude too much to other systems. How about a molerat? I love molerats. Or platypi? (contrary to popular belief, you CAN say platypuses if you like.)

What we basicly need to do is take some keywords that have to do with the GP2X and the community around it. Maybe five strong words that are based on this. After that you can look for some sort of animal type that can be identified the most with these five words. The animal sort that will be chosen in the end will get a little twist. Maybe place it a little outside of the box by taking way certain things that make it the way it is in normal state. With Sonic The Hedeghog they did it too for example. Hedgehog's aren't that fast runners, are they?

I suggest opening a new topic for this subject. It's a great idea to create a potential mascot for the console! And, even if it Doesn't become a mascot in the end, the community has a new great homebrew game added to the ever growing library :)

Good idea with the keywords.... the most obvious things were:
open
rare

i had a third... but i cannot remeber what it was!

Tobriand posted on Jul 18 2006 at 03:11 PM said:
Magnulus posted on Jul 18 2006 at 08:37 PM said:
^_^

EDIT:
hasse32.gif

Well, I wouldn't mind playing a game with him in it -perhaps involving satisfying his drinking problem - and of course, the visibility would have to get worse as you gathered each pint/glass of wine/shot - all worth points, of course.

(. . .)

It could work... stranger things have happened!

You mean like Drunken Frogger and Drunken Arcade Master on the GP32?

Aardvark? Badger? Clam? Dingo? Elephant? Ferret? Golden eagle? Hippopotamus? Insect? Jellyfish? Kangaroo? Lobster? Manatee? Newt? Octopus? Panda? Quail? Rabbit? Shark? Tiger? Unicorn? Vulture? Wombat? X-ray fish? Yak? Zebra?

EDIT: If I do that again I may have to use Latin for "X"

--Merged--

@Loko Ray: Go to My Controls/Edit Avatar Settings

Aninhumer posted on Jul 18 2006 at 02:57 PM said:
Aardvark? Badger? Clam? Dingo? Elephant? Ferret? Golden eagle? Hippopotamus? Insect? Jellyfish? Kangaroo? Lobster? Manatee? Newt? Octopus? Panda? Quail? Rabbit? Shark? Tiger? Unicorn? Vulture? Wombat? X-ray fish? Yak? Zebra?

EDIT: If I do that again I may have to use Latin for "X"

--Merged--

@Loko Ray: Go to My Controls/Edit Avatar Settings
I really like the Octopus one, just give him a catchy name and make the game play like Gish by ChronicLogic, except with Vector graphics like Vektar.

I can't think of a name for an Octopus though, any ideas?

Hmm, Hasse would fit inside a cave-story like game :p
(ohh I would love cave story on the gp2x!)

Both nintendo and sega got their respective mascots After they had released the games.
The games got popular and with them the characters.
And as said before; just comming up with ideas is probably not the best way to get a mascot, I mean what appeals so mutch about a fat Italian (no offence) plummer that wears a cap with the first letter of his name engraved on it?
The idea might sound slightly funny but not would not be a very good mascot, well unless he was the star of one of the most popular games trough all times.

Back